Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Favorite Final Fantasy villain? - Minitokyo

Favorite Final Fantasy villain?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Ikaioun

The Nuclear Play's Reactor

Note: There’s a good chance this topic will be spoiler heavy and even if it isn’t then the following message still contains quite a bit of them.

My favorite is Seymour, yes, you read that right. His whole scheme was actually somewhat original, and he also appears to be one of the most cunning villains in Squaresoft history. Sure, he’s not the most alluring character out there which seems to be the main deciding point when it comes down to whether people like a character or not... but he actually had a reason for doing what he did; he believed it was the correct thing. Kefka was significantly insane and all but he really didn’t have much of a motive behind his actions. (Although, I like Kefka so don’t get the wrong impression there.) My second favorite would be X-Death, and that’s only because he actually required a bit of strategy to beat, or at least at the level I was at. I greatly like strategic battles.

Now before there are a million replies stating “Sephiroth!!!11onehundredandeleven11” I must make note of something here; there’s a good chance JENVOA is actually the main villain in FFVII and that Sephiroth died before the game started. As we see within the game, JENOVA can completely take over the mind of a person when they let their emotions get the better of them. Sephiroth was incredibly shocked at finding out he was merged with other cells just because Hojo wished to experiment on living creatures. Note here that the rest of Shin-ra did not know of this. Either way, the result of finding out the reason behind his strength had a negative effect and thus weakened him to the JENOVA cells in his body. Sephiroth had a lot more JENOVA cells than Cloud yet even Cloud almost killed Aerith and gave up the black materia while under JENOVA’s control. It was more than likely that JENOVA is what burned down that town, and later we see Cloud’s sword go right through Sephiroth’s body and then toss him down. President Shinra, Aerith, and Tseng all died from blows weaker than that and thus comes the conclusion that Sephiroth’s human cells died right then and his body is JENOVA’s mindless puppet forever more. Of course, you’re free to differ with this and still say Sephiroth even if I fail to see how he’s a villain.

Signature

katz291

katz291

Lil Insane Kitty

SEifer! THough I don't think he's really a villain because he becomes good in the end.

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES! .

I am a member of Celestial-Luminesse

Besides the rather obvious Sephiroth (or Jenova, to please the topic starter):

Gameplay-wise, Marquis Elmdor from FFT. No FF villain ever put up a more difficult/annoying fight. He wasn't even the 'main' villain of the game either ^_^

If judging the character himself, I'd have to agree with the original poster and say Seymour. While he's not as "badass" as other villains, he was developed quite a bit more; you basically know his entire life story from birth. He is also a very realistic character overall.

Kitty

Kitty

Goddess

kefka. (Final fantasy 6) :D i LOVE Kefka. hes just awsome XD *immitates his laugh*

Signature

The Turks. That scene where they take care of the fat pimp guy....classic.

Liesk

Liesk

Beep!

Queen Brahane, I don't think many people realize the complexity of her character.

...Which I know nothing of, as I am being forced to post this and have never played Final Fantasy.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

Quote by IkaiounNote: There’s a good chance this topic will be spoiler heavy and even if it isn’t then the following message still contains quite a bit of them.
My favorite is Seymour, yes, you read that right. His whole scheme was actually somewhat original, and he also appears to be one of the most cunning villains in Squaresoft history. Sure, he’s not the most alluring character out there which seems to be the main deciding point when it comes down to whether people like a character or not... but he actually had a reason for doing what he did; he believed it was the correct thing. Kefka was significantly insane and all but he really didn’t have much of a motive behind his actions. (Although, I like Kefka so don’t get the wrong impression there.) My second favorite would be X-Death, and that’s only because he actually required a bit of strategy to beat, or at least at the level I was at. I greatly like strategic battles.
Now before there are a million replies stating “Sephiroth!!!11onehundredandeleven11” I must make note of something here; there’s a good chance jenvoa is actually the main villain in ffvii and that Sephiroth died before the game started. As we see within the game, jenova can completely take over the mind of a person when they let their emotions get the better of them. Sephiroth was incredibly shocked at finding out he was merged with other cells just because Hojo wished to experiment on living creatures. Note here that the rest of Shin-ra did not know of this. Either way, the result of finding out the reason behind his strength had a negative effect and thus weakened him to the jenova cells in his body. Sephiroth had a lot more jenova cells than Cloud yet even Cloud almost killed Aerith and gave up the black materia while under JENOVA’s control. It was more than likely that jenova is what burned down that town, and later we see Cloud’s sword go right through Sephiroth’s body and then toss him down. President Shinra, Aerith, and Tseng all died from blows weaker than that and thus comes the conclusion that Sephiroth’s human cells died right then and his body is JENOVA’s mindless puppet forever more. Of course, you’re free to differ with this and still say Sephiroth even if I fail to see how he’s a villain.

that argument makes sense about sephiroth...but wouldn't that make jenova the villain of the new final fantasy movie, advent children, instead of sephiroth's clones?

anywho's i dont know what im talking about, so i'll just say kefka because he's just plain tight >:D

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

kefka he's the best villian in a VideoGame.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

DeusIth

The universe in a dot

Quote by Kittykefka. (Final fantasy 6) :D i LOVE Kefka. hes just awsome XD *immitates his laugh*

another one for this psycho ^-^

It's gotta be Yevon the Summoner/Sin. He managed to fool an entire world to think he was a god or something worth worshipping, and wipe out the only things that could've stopped or stood in his way. (Technology) He also became immortal, until the goodguys from FFX ended it.

chan

chan

br0ken doll~

sephiroth [ffvii].. he is the best villian ever >=D insane, evil.. and hot n_n` lol

Signature Image
in wonderland ~ gothic-poser.net/inwonderland

It has to be Sephiroth. He is the only cool villain in the Final Fantasy series other than Seifer.

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

Sephiroth, he's just too delicious. ^-^

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

Sephiroth all the way, i mean he kills aeris,burnt nibelhiem,and tried to destroy the world old skool by having multiple bodies of him lol

Signature Image

Cressoit

Cressoit

Rice: food for thought

Kefka! I think he's just pure evil. He takes humour into murdering...now that is villanous! :D

Signature
Forum Check!

who kills all in one hit who killed the giant snake who is the most maddest of em all? Sephiroth.

Yunalesca and Yevon from Final Fantasy X - unraveling the truth behind Sin was a great way to slowly illuminate the whole "punishment" Yevon and Yunalesca had planned for Bevelle. And Yunalesca is hot.

Signature Image
www.shihbang.com

"I've finally realized my problem - I'm looking for the girl of my dreams while I'm still awake..."

FrostHeart

FrostHeart

*~Desire~*

Sephiroth and Reno of the Turks :D I hate Sephy for what he did to Aeris but thats what villains do sigh T_T
Got a few others but can't remember oh well XD

its gots to be Sephiroth. very evil indeed. thinks about noone but himself and jenova.

Signature Image

Sepheroth, by far !

tenten

tenten

w-inds

Kefka for sure! He had personality, even if his crappy emulated laugh scared the bejeezus out of me. My next fave would be Shin-Ra~ Rufusssh.

oo ooh but you know i love you
oo ooh but i know you're mine

I have to say Kefka too. Now he was really nasty, plus he's probably the only one who got the job done.

Kefka by a mile. Sephiroth was a good villain, but he wasn't pure evil. Kefka, on the other hand, was the epitome of evil.

loveableneko

Soubi's Stalker

i have to say Sephrioth! though Kuja was a pretty good bad guy as well though again he was being used as well

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.