Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime - Dying or still going strong? - Minitokyo

Anime - Dying or still going strong?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

A question for all you anime veterans out there~ XD

-- Is anime still appealing to you? Why or why not?

For me, it's getting pretty damn boring.. I mean it just doesn't hold my interest as much as when I started watching it a few years ago. Only a few series this year has my attention, the other 30 or so titles I just chuck out the window or feed to my dog.. XD

Celcius

Celcius

teh dot dood

Well... I'm not really a veteran.. So I still need to catch up with some of the great titles. But some of the new stuff is getting rather.. Boring. Most of the titles now seem to have the same type of idea behind them.. Or maybe thats just the type of genre I watch... =D

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Where are the glorious days that plants still could make love to screaming virgens
and the only way of killing your enemy was either to let his head explode making and his brain pour out of his nostrils
or make sure his body would be splattered against the wall in a fountain of blood.

All this has been replaced by a endless army of blonde clueless bimbo's that either yell CHIIIIii or NYOOO all fucking day taking any excuse to show their panties, boobs or maybe even a nipple when we get lucky.

i must be getting old.

Thank god there still are some series that don't insult your intelligence.
what was the question again ?

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

Been watching anime nearly 6 years now and still is as appealing as when I started, maybe even more!!!! I just Luuve it!! the girls anyway! *haha*

Signature

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

Generally speaking, I think Anime has come a long way since the sudden american
and european boom between 1985 and 1990. It sorta dissapeared for
10 years out of all knowledge because of less titles coming out on vhs.
But now, Anime is very strong. Especially on DVD :)

As for the cuteness factor "Taurec" was talking about. lol.
what have you been watching heeheee. there are still
nice and gorey anime out there, just gotta know where to look.

As a last thing, Anime will always remain strong amongst fans, because
they appreciate all the hard work the animators put in it.
If Anime was as commercial as disney, or as Time life warner,
I think less people would watch it. (anyway thats my opinion)

...i Shut up now. hah

anime is great ,even now but I think there are a lot of shounen in these days so hero are very young, and fanservice increased compared to old anime :o (bad or good thing ? personally I don't like too much fanservice ...)

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

oh, i was just trying to make a sarcastic rant about what seemed to be two solid !!commercial!! "success" formula's that kinda seemed typical for the "evolution" of anime.
(going downhill imho)

I would love to see that the anime fanbase will grow ..
too bad that task seems to be given to necessary evils like Dragon ball Z and the one with the other Balls (edit: pokemon)
It's sad that the mainstream atleast here in europe almost only gets to know anime like this. there is just so much more to it.

Airrrrrrr

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

I think anime has hit it's peak, and it'll probably stay there for now. So it's holding strong, but the majority of people who watch anime have grown older and don't watch it anymore; and a lot of little kids aren't getting into it because their parents don't want them to.

So for now, it's holding strong at the peak of his popularity.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

ZyreX

ZyreX

PixelWiz

I just think its good that kids don't watch anime..
by kid I mean like 13 something years under...
Cause I don't want it to be something that is marked as "for kids" like disney stuff..

Signature

GundamZZ

Retired Moderator

GundamZZ

the invisible mod

i think anime in general is growing stronger than ever....

but for me i've cut down on anime watching since i guess i'm beginning to lose "some" interest in it.....i've reduced the number of series that i am watching....dunno if itz because there isn't that many great titles around lately XD

Signature Image
*hugglez & kisses* <---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angelette

Angelette

[Q^_^]-O

It's gotten boring .__. Nothing good out lately. Then again, if you really think about it, I've never really watched a lot to being with. All I'm waiting for is RO anime and then we'll see what happens.

Signature

Argonian

Argonian

Dark Minion

The mature anime isn�t a big sucess among people...even the sexual appealing ones(outside Japan).The real anime fans who have time and an active internet life are the great supporters of "mature" anime over the world.Here at my country I hardly see anime magazines when there are no BIG TITLES at TV,and those big titles you people know well(DBZ,Pokemon,Digimon,Yu-gi-oh,Beyblade and hardly some good ones as Card Captor Sakura,Rurouni Kenshin,Evangelion...).Well,to tell the truth the anime supporters hate dubbed stuff and look with despair for those childish stuff at TV...at least most of us.
I belive we are getting old indeed,as someone said(Jinzhou said).I am watching less stuff latelly as well,but still I get good laughs and good cries ~~(I am laughing badly with Yumeria and cried with Gilgamesh...what a damned end....) Da Capo was a nice show indeed.So I think there is good stuff around yet for us...old anime fans,but we are old and cant watch all shit around... university,study and work....

Dont be fooled by the money power. Weapons are the true power.
All shall come to our Lord Dagoth Ur and greet him as flesh or as ash.

Leonryushin

Leonryushin

L33TP4ND4

As time goes on my addiction to anime seems to increace. Long live Anime! :)

May the Woot be with you!

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

okay lets talk again in about 10 years from now .. :)

Airrrrrrr

I probably havn't been watching long enough, but there always seems to be some other series to watch. Some arn't as great others, but it isn't just the plot that you can enjoy. The artwork and style of drawing can be really interesting, and this can give you something else to observe while oyu watch it. So it's all win-win :D

I'm sorry but ppl will always call anime a cartoon and say it is for kids and I'll will always response saying I guess I'm a kid :). But to me it is holding strong, but I don't have the internet connection to keep up with all the titles only jus the ones I feel are good, like Full Metal Alchemist etc, but they interest me but for how long, I really don't know.

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

i......barely watch anime....but......its still a nice hobby =D

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

I think that it has become more popular in western culture and I think that it will get more popular yet before (and if) it has a decline in popularity.

Rex

Rex

Fafner Pilot

well....i've been watching anime for....a year or so?

it was really enjoyable in the beginning....since all of the ones i watch were really good cuz i haven't seen them before. Now that i have seen them, it's not i don't enjoy them, but it's hard to find enjoyable ones.

Zelgadiss

Zelgadiss

Curtis

anime is still very appealing to me, cause there are still tons of anime out there that i have yet to experience

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Anime is still going strong in my book, hopefully it will never die and I will be able to watch it as an old man :)

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Still good in my book even if some of the anime i like ends up on cartoon network

remeber the force will be with you. always

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

havnt been watching much back then but yup..its still going strong...duh you goof XD

Signature

im still watching anime after all these years and the only complaints i have now is the over usage of CG. i hate it.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.