Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [*.:.Value Of Life.:.*] - Minitokyo

[*.:.Value Of Life.:.*]

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Searched for topic..none

Topic: The value of life...

Basiclly, i have been looking at the news a lot lately, and noticed some pretty odd things.

Well everyone basiclly knows about Hurricane Katrina, right? This caused much flooding, collapsed buildings, and plenty of deaths. People are also not supposed to be out of their homes due to electric poles falling into large masses of waters within the streets, in which could severely electricute them and kill them.

During natural disasters like such, no one truly cares about the deaths, am i right? Only those who have lost people, and those with a kind heart.
As i was watching the CNN yesterday, all they spoke was of the money, and how much they lost in damages, and how much they would need to repair them, their estimates, and how long. They even had an insurance company man come in and speak of it. Seriously? Isnt speaking of the lives lost more important then money?
Another example, during the rare tornado warning in toronto, the one good moment when the people of toronto needed feedback for the tornado, whether or not it would touch down..etc. There was a man speaking of condo's.-.-

My questions are..
What does life mean to you?
Why do you value life?
Do you value the life of others?
Do you chose the life of a person, a complete stranger, over money?

Asigha

Asigha

Welcome To The Club

hmm wut life means to me i unno mebe cause since life is so short u really shouldnt take it for granted
n why do i value life well thats easy clubbing is love,love is clubbing clubbing is my ife n i love my life lolz
YES of course i value the lyfe of others :D
yes again i choose life of a person or a complete stranger over money cause money cant by you happiness :D

...i will rise again...
{~}In Trance We Trust{~}
Signature

mado

mado

Ikaika

it means everything to me because you only have so much time before we leave earth and the one we love and we could die at any given moment. Yes, I value the life of others and would chose the life of a stranger over money.

Me Ke Aloha Pau Ole A Hui Hau
( With Everlasting Love And Affection Until We Meet Again.)

AngelXXX

AngelXXX

Yaoi Lover

What strong questions... For question 1: What does life mean to you?
Now that you mention it,... I don't really care if i die.... But i know many people will...
Question 2: Why do you value life?
I....... don't... really know why......
Question 3: Do you value the life of others?
Yes.
Question 4: Do you chose the life of a person, a complete stranger, over money?
I don't really know.... You really do come up with tuff questions :)

I'm Back!!

The value of life is in achieving a ceratin aim, which is desiganted by yourself. In other case it'll be just life without any value, I think so.

Что ж, иду своей дорогой...
Russian otaku community is growing steadily.

Life means alot to me. ^__^ I value life for alot of things. Yes, I do value the life of others and yes,I would choose the life of a stranger over money. :D

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

Life is a sublime and beautiful gift to mankind from the Lord of Mankind and it has two side: bright and dark side...

Why do you value life?
If life is a gift from Allah"God", so we have to value it....
The same if someone gives you a gift, u are going to value it and preserve it, aren't u??!

Of course yes...

Never, even if i don't know him/her.... cause i like to have a good reputation between people...

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Life s price can vary with people, some dont want to live or some are going to die soon. Personally I dont like the live much, I didnt selected to be in this planet with this people but here I am, and if i have been born i will try to live well

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

Life is precious, nothing is above life.

Why do you value life?
Because my life is valuable to the persons they really love me.

I respect life and i value the life of others very much. Maybe more than my life.

Money means nothing to me. The life is the most inportant thing for me. So yes, i will choose the life of a stranger without second thought.

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Life my life means nothing to me, but the life of my closest friends and relatives are important.

I don't value my life.

I only value the lives of my closest friends, and my loving family.

In truth, I would choose the life of another. There are numerous benefits to saving someone's life.

hytokiri

hytokiri

Drown your lungs in blackness

Life is us, theres no life without us, i value it cause of my friends and father, we only live one time, and its a shorter time, theres a purpose to it. My friends life is more important than mine, my life with them is nothing, i already lost one important person to me, i don't want to lose more, and like they don't want to lose it too, i try to value mine. Money can give us lots of thing, but it can never give us a friend. This is my opinion, i have no regrets on it. Take care.
Nice thread by the way, the way people nowadays live, is always about money, its true that without it we can't live is this world, but theres no money that can buy u. Take care.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

you make a really sad point there about the news focusing on the economics side of these disasters, especially the repetitive comments about the inevitable rise in gas prices across the country... >.<
but i'm gonna take a more hopeful stance on these newscasters and give them the benefit of the doubt...maybe they need to wait for things to settle down there before they can find people to interview for more human interest segments. let's hope we'll see the more human side to these newscasts.
and now to your very difficult and thought provoking questions...
life to me is precious and priceless. i'm so thankful that my luved ones and i are alive and for the most part healthy. i know we sometimes take this for granted, but we really should be thankful that we are here and shouldn't waste this wonderful gift.
Why do you value life?
i guess it's just the fact that it's so amazing that we are here to begin with.
and i also value the lives of my family and friends.
most definitely! we are so interconnected with other people that we don't even realize the impact we have on other people and that is a wonderful thing. and my life is no more valuable than someone else's so of course i value the lives of others.
yes, of course, because life is priceless and no amount of money can replace the value of someone else's life...even a complete stranger!

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

Quote by toxictea23
My questions are..What does life mean to you?Why do you value life?

(My) Life doesn't mean anything to me. I do value the lives of others. I would choose the life of a person over money any day. I think the life of a person is way more important than money, but your going to have people who value dollar signs over life, and that's just sad. I don't care for such people. Frankly I never will.

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Quote by MayaNatsume17

Quote by toxictea23
My questions are..What does life mean to you?Why do you value life?
Do you chose the life of a person, a complete stranger, over
money?

(My) Life doesn't mean anything to me. I do value the lives of others.
I would choose the life of a person over money any day. I think the
life of a person is way more important than money, but your going to
have people who value dollar signs over life, and that's just sad. I
don't care for such people. Frankly I never will.

that's probably the same as me!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Ic3DOutV

Ic3DOutV

Phr33ze and Think...

Life means possibilites in all ways.
I value life because it allows me to experience many things firsthand and create memories.
Yes, I value the lives of others.
I would prefer to choose the life of a stranger over money, because "no one has the right to take the life of another". (<--taken from Trigun).

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Life means nothing. It has no meaning otehr than survival and the animalistic tendecnies humans have.

i don't value life too much. I take interest in my own but others not so much. This is the view of most Americans otherwise there'd be like free health care for all. But most people are too cheap to pay for the increase in taxes to pay for it.

I don't value the life of others only my own. I don't expect others to value my life but if they want to...

Stranger's life or money? Hmm....I think I would go with the money. I mean I wouldn't be guilt-ridden since I don't know them or know people who would be affected by them.

Also although life may or not be a gift from God (depends on whether or not you're an athiest which I am) sometimes the gift is pretty crappy sometimes. Think of all the murders, rapes, and generally terrible things that happen to good people. And what about Katrina. It is a part of life and therefore you think it's a gift?!?!?! Heck no! What if someone gave you a really shiny looking bomb as a gift? It's really shiny so it must be nice right? Wait til that counter goes to zero and then we'll see.

In short I believe life is life. There's no moral or ethical things behind it. Everything else is just a human response to explain why hurricanes happen to good people and etc.

i seem a bit crazy don't I?

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote by toxictea23My questions are..
Why do you value life?

life means a lot to me. it's a chance for me to live my life the way i want it.
i value life because it's valuable....you only live once
yes, i do value the lives of others. everyone's life is precious.
i would choose the life of a person, compared to money, because as long as you live, you still have the chance to make a difference in someone else's life.

Kyrokushen

Silent Masamune's Mercinary

I am a suicidal person so i dont value my own life but i do value the life's of other eg. girl I love, friends etc.

and as to the question about money it depends on the stranger is he a hobo(homeless), hot girl etc. I'm really shallow I think

Come to the Dark Side we have Cookies
Signature
Prepare for a Revolution!

i don't care if i die
so theres no value of life for me
but yes i do care bout others life

Signature Image

luckymouse

luckymouse

Always getting the last laugh

hmm kinda like the meaning of life,well i see it this way ,my goal is to make me happy and others around me to,when i dont accomplish this goal i do get sad,but i have more than one goal,like to live a life full of joy with my love to make her happy to to daring stunts to have fun,just to not worry about life,thou hard to do its not imposable,i do it,and im very happy to,and if i die tommorow then so be it i died happy thats why i get pissed at people who are sad,and thats why i try to help them to at the same time

I THOUGHT WHAT ID DO WAS PRETEND TO BE ONE OF THOSE DEAF-MUTES ^_^

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

1.Life Means Everything To Me, There's Nothing More Impotant Than A Human Life Not Economy Not Jewlery Not Anything In The World!
2.I Value Life Because It Is What Keeps Us Alive (Everyone Already Knows This), And Also Because A Human Cannot Come Alive Again It Is Impossible To Bring A Human Life Back.... Unlike Money, Personal Objects, Buildings, Etc. (Which Can Be Easly Replaced)
3.Yes, I Value The Life Of Everyone.....Even My Enemies.....
4.Yes, I Would Rather Save A Total Stranger Than "Money" (Money Is The Source Of Greedyness)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Well first of all. People only care about someone dying (I mean really care) if they know that person. It's the way of the world. Crazy yet it makes so much sense. Answering your q's now.

1)A lot
2)Because you only get one. (But I beleive in ressurection y'know so I'm not gonna put this part out of parentheses)
3)Yeah. Sometimes.
4)Depends. How much money and how important is the stranger. It may sound cruel but it's how things work nowadays.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

hum..... my personnal religion is life, so those who died are of no interest to me, i'm more interested in bringing comfort and happyness to the living ones. and it's hard for me that the living find happyness through helping the dead, which is only done because they want to feel alive and not dead. if you really loved someone, you don't need to mourn them, you'll just give the exceed of love and life to others around you.

the problem with your example is that it's kinda contradictory with your questions : i'll sure choose the life of someone else above any money, but if this someone else's dead (like in your example), take the money and give it to the living to rebuild their house, buy food and keep living safe.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.