Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 parents - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 11 total items

michel000

michel000

Reach for paradise, no less.

hi all
i was wondering...
my parents think using the pc is a total paste of time and asocial
while actualy i am almost having fun and talking to ppl making friends etc...
now parents dont get that -.-
do more pppl have this problem...?

[center]Signature Image[/center]

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

yes most people do have that problem i have noticed and i think the reason behind it is old fashioned.
most of your parents have gone out and made friends by meeting them personally not like us all here where it is thru the net via mt.

most of my friends that i do talk to are here. i dont have many personal friends that i talk to in person anymore they are all here :)
which i dont mind one bit..

No, my parents don't really care about what I do at home, as long as not using drugs or anything like that

Judging by how I used to waste most of my teen years couped up in the room in front of the PC playing computer games, your parents' concerns are not totally unfounded. There are many things you can see, hear, feel, smell, etc, out there that you can't with a PC, so it won't hurt to balance your free time between the net and the true physical world out there.

Regards.

michel000

michel000

Reach for paradise, no less.

nice 3 totaly difirent answers ^^

-BlkLorus: yeah my parents ar pretty old fasioned ...
i mostly like talking to ppl online more because i most likely would have never met then...

SketchDR10: that would mean there not really intrested in you...

Enchanter: wise advide but a bit ... overdone , it's not like im 24\7 on my pc...
and there are also things you might never experiance if u didnt have a pc...

tnx for the reply all

[center]Signature Image[/center]

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Your parents have legitimate reasons for showing concern.. ^^ Social interaction via PC is pretty one-dimensional, and you have full control over it (with lots of freedom), whereas real social life is much more complex. It's not unreasonable to think that you're missing out from the real world when you're in front of the PC during most of your free time. :) Try to get out some!

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

Yes, my parents love to bug me lol. But they are a one o a kind, you won't get such l33t parents anywhere else.

Well it is better for your health to go out...You can make new friends on the way? I don't spend too much time on the computer...

Heh, I spend about 40 % of day near my PC (in the Net or playing games and increasing my skills, you know). During the other part I sleep and study at the university. And yes, my mom really likes to tell me that "i should be not so concerned about my computer". but i have a lot of friends too so it's not that big problem to discuss, i think.

Что ж, иду своей дорогой...
Russian otaku community is growing steadily.

My parents used to bug me about being on the pc too much but they don't so much anymore.

same here

you still have friends even if you don't seem them face to face at least you have friends and if you wanna do that you should go ahead not everybody wants to do things the old fashioned way like parents do of course your gonna go out from time to time but if you like what you do then do it and don't let anybody tell you otherwise

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.