Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gundam Universe Question - Minitokyo

Gundam Universe Question

page 1 of 1 9 total items

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

In the UC & Alternate Universes there are three types of Gundam Pilots:

Newtype (Amuro Rye, Char, Mu La Flaga)

Natural: (Kou Uraki, Hero Yue, etc)

Cooridinator: (Gundam Seed Characters)

Which of those three types do you prefer and why?

Personally, I think that I'd prefer naturals. Not because of any specific pilot but because of the fact that they aren't relying on any "special" abilities that differentiates them from everyone else in that way to win a battle.

Think about it, a coordinator versus a natural, for example. If the coordinator were to win, his winning would be attributed to genetic enchancements not the hard work he put through in training, his talent, etc. But if the natural won... that would seem to be a testament to true skills and determination.

i suppose that I just think it more honorable to fight a fair fight.... or at least, as fair a fight as you can get. On a broad scale, if everyone were a specific type then it wouldn't matter... but I don't find that the case most often. That discriminatory factor is most distateful, though I suppose, necessary in an anime about war...

~zephryn

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Vasaga

Vasaga

The Crazed Designer

Nwtype for me.
i just love Funnels bits and dragoons.
nu gundam is also one of my favourite units.

BUT Kira is way out.
super coordinater? its overkill

Signature

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by zephrynPersonally, I think that I'd prefer naturals. Not because of any
specific pilot but because of the fact that they aren't relying on any
"special" abilities that differentiates them from everyone else in
that way to win a battle. Think about it, a coordinator versus a
natural, for example. If the coordinator were to win, his winning would
be attributed to genetic enchancements not the hard work he put through
in training, his talent, etc. But if the natural won... that would seem
to be a testament to true skills and determination. i suppose that I
just think it more honorable to fight a fair fight.... or at
least, as fair a fight as you can get. On a broad scale, if everyone
were a specific type then it wouldn't matter... but I don't find that
the case most often. That discriminatory factor is most distateful,
though I suppose, necessary in an anime about war... ~zephryn

I see your point of view and can agree with it from that standpoint.

Quote by VasagaNwtype for me.
i just love Funnels bits and dragoons.
nu gundam is also one of my favourite units.

BUT Kira is way out.
super coordinater? its overkill

The Newtypes do appear to be different from UC to CE (seed). La Flaga is a new type but the bits they use are still wired to the mobile armors. Dragoons are from Seed and they have only been used by Coordinators.

Kira appears to be a Coordinator & a New Type (he sensed Neo/Mu).

i support the UC newtype. =] amuro or char are my fav characters =]

Well i dont think you can say that Mwu is a new type. He just knows when that one guy is near

Kira is a new type and hero had zero system which made him new type...

But i think new type are the strongest so i liek em the best...
well that with kira of corse ^^ and Hero

Acyx

Ork Warlord

I'd personally take a natural and a Strike Fighter over a mech, easier to produce, cheaper, easier to launch and recover, can make use of heavy ordnances such as high-yield nukes, etc. They also tend to accelerate and handle better in a vacuum, and are a bit more acceptant of higher propulsion yields and engine dedications in comparison to a gundam. Full-blown starships would also do the trick. Although you'll need alot of point-defense batteries and anti-fighter ordnances against a mobile suit, as well as dedicated systems. Throw in dedicated systems, and the mobile suits are hosed.

"And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu..."

Nucleous

Nucleous

I will be taking you to.....

I personally like the Coordinators they are descent and do not always seem to like to make war unlike the Naturals they seek war coz they are jealous of the Coordinators who are stronger and faster the thing is the child when he is born can't say hey you listen here I want to be a Coordinator the parents make that decision and the child is born a Coordinator. So personally I think the Coordiantors are best!!

Don't like Newtypes much Mwu La Fragga was cool and all but didn't do much do convince me newtypes are all that.

My faviourite Coordinator is of course Kira Yamato and then the beautiful Lacus Clyne although she does not fight she still one beautiful Coordinator babe!

SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!
Life is not Measured by the number of Breaths we
take, but by the Moments that Take our Breath Away.

dstorres

dstorres

Gunslinger75

Quote by NagoyaXWell i dont think you can say that Mwu is a new type. He just knows when that one guy is near

Kira is a new type and hero had zero system which made him new type...

But i think new type are the strongest so i liek em the best...
well that with kira of corse ^^ and Hero

From Bandai:

Mu La Flaga is an accomplished mobile armor ace, called the "Hawk of Endymion" for his exploits in the Battle of Endymion. He was said to "make the impossible possible", as his accomplishment of destroying 5 zgmf-1017 GINN mobile suits in a single battle was previously considered unthinkable. His experience in flying, combined with his natural Newtype abilities, make him far more deadly in combat than most pilots, so much so he is one of the few pilots who can use the TS-MA2mod.00 Moebius Zero mobile armor which require amazing spatial perception in order to control its wire-guided gunbarrels (four external weapon pods each carrying a pair of machine guns).

Kira is an Ultimate Coordinator but has shown newtype abilities as well.

Hero is not a newtype. He is a natural. The Zero System does not give one Newtype powers It just interfaces with the users brain.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.