Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion On Groups - Minitokyo

Suggestion On Groups

page 1 of 1 16 total items

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

This is just something that I have been thinking about..
I just visited the Group page, and there are like, 550 groups inside there..
It is so cluttered, and it is difficult to look for a group that I want...X(

So here is some suggestion:
1. Why don't the mods deletes all the inactive groups?
What I mean by inactive are those groups who are declared 'CLOSED' >_< by the admins/mods of the group, and those that are created 'out of accident', which are most likely having wrong spelling in its names x_x ...

2. Why don't we create a category for groups?
There are so many groups out here in MT, which, from my observation, could be divided to few groups, such as :
* Anime/Manga/Game lovers (Inuyasha-Fans, FullMetalAlchemist-Fans, Shaman-Loverz, FinalFantasyFans, ...)
* Mangaka/Idols fans (ClampFans , HyungTaeKim, Utada-Hikaru-Fans, Hirai-Ken, The-Killers, ...)
* Hobbies (Hardcore-gamers, GFX, RPG-lovers, Band-Jam, Music, Japanese, Chinese, ...)
* Community (Asian-Pride, Igarashi, MT-NY, Indonesianese, Minitokyo-Argentina, Brasil, ...)
* Critiques/Supporting a cause (Anti-Friends-Fav, MT-Revolution, EliteScanInc, BogchiDotCom, Cosplay-Lovers, Christian-Fellowship,...)
* Wallpapers/Art Group (NewWaveProject, Simple-ism, Vectorness, UserpageSkinDesign, TheUnderappreciated, ...)
* Miscelaneous ( AnimeLovers, Ivalthia, DayDreamerz, Tomboys-Welcomed, Photoshop-Users, Nocturnal-MTs...)

If we organised these groups into categories (not necessarily the one in my example), it would be easier for members to look for a group they want to join in, or simply browsing thru them.. X3

3. To actually make a group go through the process of approval before it could be established..
We have lotsa 'double' groups here in MT... it is true that there are groups that are simply too big (300++ members), that ppl starts to want to create a new group for the same objective (like FMA-fans and other anime groups...) Well, I think checking each group would reduce clutters of groups here in MT... though actually I do not really like this idea either, I just raise my suggestion >_< why? Hmm, cos I think there are too many groups, ... I do not really support this suggestion (not 100%) cos I think ppl has the right to create groups :) but still, with the checking process, we could reduce no of grps that are simply copies of another groups which is still perfectly fine to join to :D Uh, I hope you got my point...

Anyway, this is just my suggestions.. I am sorry if this has been raised before or even planned to be implemented already ... ^_^

Signature

TimothytheDarkMagician

TimothytheDarkMagician

The True Dark Magician

I'd like to see a search groups option

Signature Image

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hey that is a good suggestion too :D wonder why i didnt think of that ;D
Maybe we could get the groups to enter keywords that can describe their groups (while they make the group... e.g. Shaman-Loverz keywords would be Shaman King, anime, manga,... etc), so that we could do a search for it :)

Signature

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

1) no. inactive groups don't cause trouble.
2) mt3
3) 'double' groups cause competition, of of the fundamental ideas of groups.

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmm, it is true they do not cause trouble, but it is pretty difficult to browse around with so many groups around... Anyway, if you are gg to implement the categorising, I think the problem is much or less solved...

Signature

Ranie concure with tare tare!=D
theres way too much groups that are not active..>.>
i hink mods should delete groups with members under..lets say 10

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

A smallsize doesn't mean the group is inactive or something. Some small groups are WAY more useful for the community than vastly larger groups.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianI'd like to see a search groups option

Well, it is very much appriciate it if we can have this. So we don't need to flip through the pages to find one group.

Signature

pamkips

pamkips

?????

hm it would be a good idea....well i like the category part because its so hard to find a group you have to search every page and thats kind of annoying to me..

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

i think the fact that theres no search button leads to the "double groups" I accidently created a group for something that already exists, and i never knew till someone pointed it out to me (gomenasai!!!) I think a Group Search tool would really be helpful. is that going to be in MT3?

and i think there should be a way for the admins to delete a group. if the group just isn't working out, and no one participates, theres no point in having that group, right?

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

Sakura0chan

Sakura0chan

Nihongo o naraitai

Quote by tareren2. Why don't we create a category for groups?
There are so many groups out here in MT, which, from my observation, could be divided to few groups, such as :
* Anime/Manga/Game lovers (Inuyasha-Fans, FullMetalAlchemist-Fans, Shaman-Loverz, FinalFantasyFans, ...)
* Mangaka/Idols fans (ClampFans , HyungTaeKim, Utada-Hikaru-Fans, Hirai-Ken, The-Killers, ...)
* Hobbies (Hardcore-gamers, GFX, RPG-lovers, Band-Jam, Music, Japanese, Chinese, ...)
* Community (Asian-Pride, Igarashi, mt-ny, Indonesianese, Minitokyo-Argentina, Brasil, ...)
* Critiques/Supporting a cause (Anti-Friends-Fav, MT-Revolution, EliteScanInc, BogchiDotCom, Cosplay-Lovers, Christian-Fellowship,...)
* Wallpapers/Art Group (NewWaveProject, Simple-ism, Vectorness, UserpageSkinDesign, TheUnderappreciated, ...)
* Miscelaneous ( AnimeLovers, Ivalthia, DayDreamerz, Tomboys-Welcomed, Photoshop-Users, Nocturnal-MTs...)

I agree with you, MT groups should have categories.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by Sheqel1) no. inactive groups don't cause trouble.

That's true...

Quote: 2) mt3

Now that's I wanna see...

Quote: 3) 'double' groups cause competition, of of the fundamental ideas of groups.

Hmm... considering that, I think it's right...

And the search group option is very much appreciated like TimothytheDarkMagician said...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

that grouping system seems like a good idea...
don't like going through all those pages and such >.<

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

Quote by YugureKazethat grouping system seems like a good idea...
don't like going through all those pages and such &gt;.&lt;

yup.. i agree that having a grouping system is good..
and mt3 is going to have it.. sugoii.. :D

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

hytokiri

hytokiri

Drown your lungs in blackness

Quote by RainOfStars

Quote by TimothytheDarkMagicianI'd like to see a search groups option

Well, it is very much appriciate it if we can have this. So we don't need to flip through the pages to find one group.

Same here........
And the category groups would be very useful.......
Great idea tareren........

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

hmmz...
why dont we wait for mt3 then.....

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.