Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Dragonball sexist? - Minitokyo

Is Dragonball sexist?

Tagged under Dragon Ball

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Deneiko

Deneiko

7 D A Y S

Quote by undeadsymphonyNot just dragonball, but z and gt too. You notice there are never any powerful female fighters in any of them, whether good or evil. Videl in DBZ starts to get powerful but lets the men do the fighting when she realizes she's not strong enough. In DBGT Goku's granddaughter Pan starts out as an awesome super-heroine but by the end is reduced to a helpless little girl. Not to mention she never reaches the "Super Saiyan" level, even when Trunks and Goten did it when they where much younger.
Has anyone else noticed this?Thoughts?

I thought girls could never, ever get to being saiyans... Or whatever.
Anyway, I thought you meant "sexist" as in the pervert thoughts of that granpa/old guy in the island whose name I forgot :P

Signature

Ephix

Ephix

Chibi Dark Elf

I'm not sure if thats really sexist, i mean naturally men have more potential strength than women. Lots of animes though do over use the girl in distress idea a little much, or like naruto where some of them just seem to scream the guys names instead of doing anything (sakura, hinata). They sort of make up for it by making tsunade the physically stongest character in the series.

Signature

"Sleep is for the weak. *yawn* DAMNIT!"

Shebes

3 Star Hunter

Dragonball is just like most stories written by men. The men are the coolest/strongest characters. It was extremely disappointing when Pan was denied the ability to be a Super-Saiyan, but all one can do is personally boycott such anime and in some form convey to the author your feelings.

Make this conveyance appropriate and keep it very clean.

Concerning Pan not going SS, one of her male children did. Near the end of GT Goku visits the planet for a day during the Budokai, and little Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr. are battling it out as Super-Saiyans. Those little kids were at most 1/4th saiyan and were probably only an 1/8th.

You can fight the truth, but it is usually not advised.

i just stopped watching dragonball z, it takes too long when 1 fight lasts for weeks worth of episodes

Signature
"People who still use 800*600 should be shot"

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Ahahhaah, men have always had bigger muscles due to nature, know your place women.

Ahahahahah, I am sorry, but this is funny. Most men know their place, except the few confused ones. Women tend to over-exaggerate the role they play as that specific sex. We are different and should be aware of the differences, screw equal rights. It's all a dream.

-repeat-

Considering that fighting in db revolves around ki energy and not brute strength, it doesn't really make sense that there aren't any strong females....

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by Shebes
Concerning Pan not going SS, one of her male children did. Near the end of GT Goku visits the planet for a day during the Budokai, and little Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr. are battling it out as Super-Saiyans. Those little kids were at most 1/4th saiyan and were probably only an 1/8th.

Whoa, i forgot about that... Thanks for bringing that up, that's a good point.

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

Shebes

3 Star Hunter

Quote by jasaiyajinAhahhaah, men have always had bigger muscles due to nature, know your
place women.
Ahahahahah, I am sorry, but this is funny. Most men know their place,
except the few confused ones. Women tend to over-exaggerate the role
they play as that specific sex. We are different and should be aware of
the differences, screw equal rights. It's all a dream.

No there's never going to be "true" equality between men and women, because they are obviously very different in very important ways.
For instance in the USA if a woman is in the Armed Services and in Active Duty, she can be favourably discharged if she becomes pregnant. If a male's counterpart is having his child the man can not be favourably discharged from the service.

For something like DBZ and the Super Saiyan transformation, none of that matters like Celonis just said. SS is more about rage than anything else and the desire to overcome an obstacle to protect something else. Everytime Goku reached a new peak he was trying to protect and was in rage.

Who better than a woman to show these types of emotions?
Do women not have extremely strong desires to protect ( especially their children ) in most cases?
Can women not become enraged, as in "a woman scorned"?

Pan not being able to go SS is really atrocious, given that her father Gohan is soo terribly strong and has the potential to be more powerful than Goku and her mother is a warrior as well.

Imagine a chick with Goku's muscles.

'nuff said.

no its not its only a anime

Shebes

3 Star Hunter

The muscles really have nothing to do with it.
Pan was stronger than most humans on Earth and she's never had super muscles.
People who are talking about muscles are really talking about nothing at all.

Muscle animes are mostly guy stuff. U can't expect girlz to have muscles all over them ... Then u wouldn't know which is the soft muscle and which is the hard one... ANd when fighting... U don't possibly want to punch on a girl's breast do u ?

Signature Image

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by TveirImagine a chick with Goku's muscles.'nuff said.

Watch project A-ko. Super-strong girl, no bulging muslces.

Signature Image

Probably, but I don't let it bother me too much.

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

i dont think so there is Andoid 18. i guess it all revolves around Goku so i have no objection about that. besides thats the concept of the whole story anyway.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I reckon da gals should have at least a super (hot) saiyan
where their clothes stripped off leaving few patches or... or...
a transformation like da sexy Agent Aika.

Now dat would be sexy, Not sexiest XP

Well, in the times of dragon ball, Japan were a more sexist country than now so I can understand that situation.. but anyway you can say the same thing of sailor moon... mmm.. nah.. forget that.

Signature

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

That not true!!! Dragon Ball is not sexist, in this anime exist powerfull women too, remenber n.18, Pan and Chi Chi in the first series!!!

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

That not true!!! Dragon Ball is not sexist, in this anime exist powerfull women too, remenber n.18, Pan and Chi Chi in the first series!!!

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

Quote by undeadsymphony

I didn't say "imagine a girl with Goku's strength" I said "imagine a girl with Goku's muscles".

There is a distinct difference.

Sammie-Chan

Sammie-Chan

SanaAto!!

:\ I'd say it's pretty sexist.. but only in some ways... if you think about it.. the Girls (Bulma) have the brains whilst the guys obviously have the brawn.. ho ho.. ^^;

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by Tveir

Quote by undeadsymphony

I didn't say "imagine a girl with Goku's strength" I said "imagine a girl with Goku's muscles".
There is a distinct difference.

i know. i just thought you were inferring that in order for there to be a strong girl fighter in DBZ she'd have to have huge muscles.

Signature Image

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Pan is 3/4 human so that's doesn't have enough Saiyan blood to reach the Super Levels.
And Milk is always hitting Goku and hurting him so I think she is quite powerful. :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

Quote by WMagnusPan is 3/4 human so that's doesn't have enough Saiyan blood to reach the Super Levels.
And Milk is always hitting Goku and hurting him so I think she is quite powerful. :D

Yeah, but if you watch the very last episode of GT Pan's grandson turns supersaiyan.

Signature Image

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.