Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What about RSS feed for MiniTokyo? - Minitokyo

What about RSS feed for MiniTokyo?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Well, I'm thinking for this idea for some days now : why not have a RSS feed for recent submissions?

I'll explain for others who don't know very well what or why the rss feed could be interesting :

A RSS feed is - to be simplist - a page where all recent news are linked. You can have rapidly all new recent submission like articles for newspapers, new subjects for forums communities or why not new recent submissions for us in this case ? It would be fast and more easily to follow the news submissions on MT.. ;)

We could watch or have a few informations about these recent submissions for one day, two days, a week and a month like RSS Viewer for Safari on Mac Tiger.

It's just some suggestion

Signature

mitchell

mitchell

Dragonfly789

that sounds like an excellent idea....i us RSS for all of my anime releases and i think it would be good to use on MT.....Great Thinking!!!!!

Signature

Anime Currently Watching:- Haruhi Suzumiya - Dragonball Z - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Games Currently Playing:- Final Fantasy IX/XIII - Star Ocean The Last Hope - Oblivion GOTY

It would work, but RSS isn't really that amazing. If people who use RSS feeds promote the fact that they are XML files, then I'll happy. If MT gets an RSS feed, that would be nice to promote XML and maybe use XSL to style the feed.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Yes it's true that it's better have a RSS feed based on XML than sometimes as we can see on some forums where there's bizar RSS feeds done thanks to others languages.

But anyways, for me and as for the definition of a RSS feed gave by the W3C, a RSS feed is based on a XML file that respect some special rules inherant to this new type of XML files, that actually we call RSS. What I mean is in any ways a RSS feed as mitchell said is helpfull to have the latest news, uploads or whatever the admin had wanted us to keep up to date.

And yeah you're true about XSL. This way, the RSS could be personalized to MT chart defined by Shequel. But whenever there is one or not, this thing is not so crucial. Most of browsers always have one by default, as on Safari which I like personnaly

Signature

Quote by WillemYes it's true that it's better have a RSS feed based on XML than
sometimes as we can see on some forums where there's bizar RSS feeds
done thanks to others languages.
But anyways, for me and as for the definition of a RSS feed gave by the
W3C, a RSS feed is based on a XML file that respect some special rules
inherant to this new type of XML files, that actually we call RSS. What
I mean is in any ways a RSS feed as mitchell said is helpfull to have
the latest news, uploads or whatever the admin had wanted us to keep up
to date.
And yeah you're true about XSL. This way, the RSS could be personalized
to MT chart defined by Shequel. But whenever there is one or not, this
thing is not so crucial. Most of browsers always have one by default,
as on Safari which I like personnaly

Woah RSS has been done in other languages, thats not possible because then it wouldn't be readable by all RSS readers (aggators or something like that) and such. I mean I want MT to show the fact that RSS is an XML file and not do something stupid like t3hMtRss.rss like so many idiots do.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Well, what I meant when I said in others languages was that you can emulate the RSS princip. But I agree with you that IT IS NOT any kind of RSS :)

rss has been defined and we can say is part of XML because of its relations.

Well, it's true that something that would be done in hurry will not be surely userfriendly and powerfull but I don't fear about that because, after all, MT is well done no ? Sometimes I would expect some differents things from MT that are not here (but could be done, well I have developed many website in different languages for a while now).

Just to say that one (big or little as you prefer but for me important) thing still lack, the subject of this thread ;)

Anyway, though it is not the main problem of our discussion, I think all of us will want a kindly interface for a RSS feed but before having such a thing, we should have its basement that does not exist yet ^^

Signature

As long as:
1. MT named it *.xml instead of *.* then I'm fine (* stands for any character.
2. They conform to the RSS standard ( http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss ); ( http://feedvalidator.org/ ).
3. They don't get wierd about the fact that they are using RSS. I mean RSS is okay, but its not that great... -_-

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Maybe not that great but could be very helpfull ;)

Signature

Quote by WillemMaybe not that great but could be very helpfull ;)

It seems as though it won't be helpful enough Willem due to the fact that only you and I have discussed it with one post from mitchell >_<

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Yeah it's quite true .. maybe people don't care about, or .. well never mind, I think I'd better keep for me what I think ^^

By the way, has MT some connections problems? because I had some problems to connect the last week end :/

Signature

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/33554/ Yes MT does have connection problems. Guys please post your comments! This is a really good idea!

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.