Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is The Ring scary? - Minitokyo

Is The Ring scary?

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 95 total items

Well, my buddies said it was the scariest thing in the world, they had nightmares, and jumped at small sounds. One of them even cried, and when I finally watched it, I could not stop laughing. It really is not scary, I saw nothing in it that was bad, it was like an old frankenstien movie, and they really messed up the computer graphics. I would say save yourself two hours and do something productive, like watch the wall, but then again you can do whatever you want.

diospada

diospada

ULTIMA WEAPON

it's not that scary man. for me it was funny. :D when sadako come out of the TV, and there's this guy... you should see his expression... ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

TenchiFan

Anime Fan(atic?)

I found the Ring to be very scary......

TF

Tempus Fugit; Momento Mori.......

Yes, the Japanese version.

I think japanese version was scary >_< There is such a great atmosphere in this one!!
But, the american version really gave me the impression of a parody... >.<
I hope it won't be the same for dark water! The japanese one was so scary :(

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

It's boring. I liked the Japanese version better.

Brownie the Cat

Mindfullcat

Mindfullcat

You don't get owt for nowt

I didnt think it was scary at all ^_^'

Quote by gerritNo, its not that scary, but the Japanese version is very scary. So I have heard. I havn't seen it. The Jap version is called Ringu. Try google search on it.

Yes i agree. The japanese version is much more scary than the english version

Signature Image

No....the movie sucks... I hate it....that's all

...Shunning the field broken by Wave,
The shadowed girl whispers,
"Surely I will return."
Alas, the truth unbeknownst,
Awaiting her at journey's end:
Eternal mourning for her land.

----------~~~~~------------~~~~~-------------~~~~------------~~~~~~~~--------------

And so I shall name her Aura.
Without you she would not exist.
The shinig girl, Aura.
We will entrust her with our will.
Our future is in her hands.
She is our...
Signature Image

I've only seen the first english version, but it wasn't at all scary. Even the story was poorly done, in my opinion. There are much better movies out there if you want something scary.

i don't know anything about the sequal or the original Japanese version, those might be better, but with how disappointing the first was I haven't had any desire to want to see either.

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

The Ring and Ring 2 were boring as hell. The only good part in the movie was when it ended. The credits were more entertaining than the movies itself.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

-chaos-

-chaos-

=[x]=

tak tau........

Signature

visit my*My Gallery*

visit my*Userpage*

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

I think it's not really scary, but creepy (the book and Japanese versions are a l-o-o-o-o-t worse) from the way the plot is set up. By not scary, I mean there's not going to be some creature busting out of the wall or someone's chest (like the Alien series). It's more of something that results in slight paranoia of TV's (especially fuzzy screens), VHS, VCR's, and blank tapes. Also, if you play Fatal Frame or Fatal Frame II, it will most definitely be not scary or creepy (those games will make weak-hearted folks go in their pants, have r-e-e-a-l-l-l-y bad nightmares, and some bad paranoia of twins).

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

That movie scared the holy carp out of me. I get scared at most horror movies a bit, but this one stayed with me for a while. Dunno inevitable death at the hands of a little creepy girl whom you can't hurt is scary to me. The atmosphere was also very good imo.

IcyBlade

IcyBlade

eXceed Master

yeah............right...................................................

Signature
Ready to shootout! eXceed!
-Rain Lindwurm-

The Ring (english ver) -----> not scary

The Japanese versions:

Ringu 1 -------------------> scary
Ringu 2 -------------------> very scary
Ringu 0 -------------------> mild, made me pity Sadako

Overall, The Ring/Ringu is scary...but very addictive. :)

man...it's not scary at all.....they can make it better than that...i'm talking about the one in canada...the kinda modified version....i havn't watched the japanese one yet...i heard it's scraier than the modified one...

I watched Ring long time ago, all the parts, few times ;D i really enjoyed it back then.. Now there lots of other more scarry movies.. But I think Ring is great, I was verry scarred during the movie ;)

heck yeah

i don't thing it is really scary..and the story is not one of the best.

AngelTAP

AngelTAP

Keeper of the Midnight Sun

It was a total waste of money. I didn't even flinch.

When Injustice Becomes Law, Rebellion Becomes Duty

Eh, I didn't think it was scary at all.

x-gear

x-gear

Running away...

It's not scary, it's all suspense and some freaky stuff. Thats all

What is it?

the american one wasn't half as scary as the japanese one. omg....ringu.....yeah, that scared the crap out of me and i've seen my fair share of horror movies.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 95 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.