Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is The Ring scary? - Minitokyo

Is The Ring scary?

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 95 total items

the only scary part in the ring is the ending, when the girl comes out of the tv

when i watch this movie it was around 24:00 o'clock and after it before i go to bed i pull out the contact-plug on the TV.Yes it's scary.

Anime lover & PSP owner
Signature

I dont think The Ring is scary. There`s not so many movies that are scary anyway. Bur if you know any REALY scary movie, gimme a call XD

I only saw the ring part one and i didn't find the movie scary at all.

it was pretty scary.............i had nightmares bout it for 3 days. but the 2nd movie was not that scary

Konnichi wa
I was scared, veeeery scared, but then again i'm useless with horror stuff ^_^' It was funny and scary cuz right after watching the 'video' part the phone rang and everyone screamed, lol It was just another friend saying why they couldn't come lmao, people get freaked cuz when I put my hair infront of my face I look like the girl ^_^
Ja ne

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

I didn't think the Ring was scary necessarily, though it did have kind of an eerie vibe about it.

I can admit to being a little disturbed about the possibility of the phone ringing while I was watching it. Heh.

TessaLover12

TessaLover12

MT is My Home!

No, if anything it might give you a quick gitter.

R.I.P. The King of the Ring Eddie Guerrero, and The King of Pop Michael Jackson
Signature Image
Courtesy of soujiokita

I didn't see the japanese version, but I think the movie is boring... Or maybe not exist movies like this that I get scary... But Scary movie is funny! ^_^

schwindelmagier

schwindelmagier

Anna Vi Britannia+++

I watched it and I can only say it depends on the the person if he find it scary or not.I do not think it was scary but it was a great psycho horror-movie though.

Signature Image
+s.m.i.l.e. - the illusion of humanity+

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

The Ring is somewhat scary. For me, the creppy part is the expression on the face of the girl they find in the closet.

For real scares, go see Ringu. I agree with the general consensus that Ringu is scarier than The Ring, mostly due to the movie's climax when Samara/Sadako comes out of the tv. In The Ring (Samara), you can see most of her face; however, in Ringu (Sadako), all you see of her is a close up shot of her eye...

*shudders* ...still give me the creeps just thinking about that eye. To make it worse, I have that eye printed on a T-shirt I own.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

DarknessInTheLight

DarknessInTheLight

eyes are the windows to the soul

No the ring isnt scary. The only thing that might be remotely scary is the images on the video they watch.

Signature Image
Thanks to Spystreak for making my avatar and Sig!

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivelent exchange. In those days we believed that to be the world's one and only truth.

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

the only freaky part was the one with the horses o.o

rest of it was ok

Hi

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

lol! the ring was like..blah to me. i mean it's not even scary, just creepy. i got over it in like a day =/

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Yes. For sure.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

The ring isn't just scary...its evil. The girl climbing out the well, then out of the TV, has to be one of the most infamours/famous moments in horror movie history.

It was as disturbing as Child's Play, but not even half as ridiculous.

Tehchibifangirl

Tehchibifangirl

Chibi- Feared by Bishies

(I unno if we're still on topic, but I thought I'd give my opinion)
I thought it was freaky.. I didn't want to see rings or static on the tv for weeks. I also wanted to stay away from the bathroom, and keep my lights turn on at night... And my boyfriend really didn't help (he made me jump alot and made calls that scared the shnazz outta me) Oh yeah, and you will probably wanna stay away from telephones. but other than that... well.. It wasn't really that good of a movie >.>

I personally enjoy horror films. Speaking relative to other scary movies, the Ring is one of the more scarier ones I've seen so far. The sequel Ring 2, on the other hand, was definitely not.

The first one scared me (I'm a total wimp, too). I would never have actually watched it on my own, but I had friends round. We were the only one's home and pulled the cutains so it was totally dark, and scared ourselves silly (especially because the phone rang in the middle of the movie!) We emailed each other for a week afterwards to make sure we were all still okay... :D

I've watched the second one, which has its scary moments but in my opinion is nowhere near as scary (or as well made) as the first one.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Nah the Japanese Ringu is pretty freaky but I like Ju-on way better. (Japanese version of the Grudge)

sakuraUsagi

sakuraUsagi

Sakura's Page

I saw a bit of the American remake,and boy was it BORING! I hear the Japanese original is much scarier.

lets do some comparison test now...
american ver: the ring
jap ver: ringu

IMO...i watched ringu 1st...since i m an asian...scary doesnt suit the movie...i say it is more like horrifying...at the moment i typed these words...i m still having goosepumps still thinking about some part of it...

then we have 'the ring'...after watching ringu...i dun think that 'slowly-builds-up' can match that of ringu's ...(not including those ones that appears suddenly...like the boy from scary movie 4....that was funny yet scary lol)

yes...the jap one is way more horrifying...if u think the ring is scary alrdy...i advice u not to watch the movie...since there was actually a guy died of a heart attack of being too scared in japan when the movie aired...lol ^^;

Not very scary to me just weird/creepy but the ring open the flood gates to long hair white dress clones in horror flims...

page 4 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 95 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.