Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Fanfiction - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 23 total items

GallyAngel

GallyAngel

Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!!

What's everyones opinion on anime/video game fanfiction? Like it, hate it, so-so?

Signature

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

OOH YEAH baby~! XD Fanfiction is fun to read ^^

Yarashi

Yarashi

*squish*

First thing I do when I wake up is read the first fanfiction I find on my pc that hasn't been read.
I used to read a lot of Anime fanfiction, but I read more JRock couples related fanfiction now.

GallyAngel

GallyAngel

Yeah, ditto. ^_^;; Though I've become more picky these days! I read some JRock fics too, mostly Dir En Grey stuff.
I'm on an endless search for some HakuxZabuza, and some good JubeixKazuki. >.<

Signature

Final Fantasy Tactics Fanfictions in fanfiction,net were pretty cool. I'm at the moment reading fanfics from the WarCraft series, particularly ones from the Tides of Darkness.

I like reading a good fanfiction now and again but I find it harder and harder to find really good ones these days. However, there's little as great as reading an amazingly done fanfiction inwhich all the characters are written in character and doing them justice. The imaginitive and talented authors who do those can make almost any scenario seem possible ^^

I occasionally read Naruto fanfiction, and someday I really will actually read some One Piece fanfiction, but besides that, I haven't really read a lot of fanfiction. I do read a lot of Harry Potter fanfiction for some strange reason.

liegenschonheit

liegenschonheit

Fatally Yours

I write fanfiction, and my website was built to be primarily a fanfic site, so I'd say I like it.

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

I love fanfiction. It helps that I am a fanfic writer myself - my ff.net non-de-plume is The Narrator, and I write mainly Kenshin and Inuyasha fanfiction, though I've recently gone into Samurai Deeper Kyo. It's just another creative outlet for otakus, and you learn to appreciate new writing styles while developing your own! :D

Signature

Fanfiction is really cool. I go to fanfiction.net a lot of the time. I've written about 30 or so, but they're not that good.

Ardith

Ardith

white flame

I love fanfiction, especially the smutty stuff. :)

jedi

demons who ur fave

final fantasy 7 is the best fan fiction

I love fanfiction it's great.

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by ArdithI love fanfiction, especially the smutty stuff. :)

...Hehehe XD Except badly-written teeny-bopper smutfic --- that's only good when it's hacked XD

Fanfiction is good, and fun to read. It's especially fun to read the bad ones and laugh at them.
I've written a few fanfics myself, but I tend to kinda stop writing them and leave them hanging.

Moo.

Ravensky

Ravensky

Oishi's Secret Fish

I love fanfiction that even though I can't write that well I still write fanfics and other stories.

In general? No, I can't say that I usually do (I'm probably the first to say so here) like fanfiction. After reading a few hundred or so they get boring... the plots all start sounding the same, the characters are often out-of-character, there are people that don't understand the anime (or whatever it is) enough to be able to write about it, and then there are some "writers" that don't bother using spell check or bother with having a beta reader... argh! - it's like, if you don't care enough about what you're writing then don't bother! It's ridiculous sometimes really... just because your level of fandom is high, doesn't mean that your writing skills are as well.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people out there that are great fanfiction writers but it's really rare to find anyone that meets my standards. Sorry if I sound so picky about it... I just can't read anything if it is worse than my own - and yes, I do write fanfiction.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Diabound00

Diabound00

God of Darkness

I also really love fanfictions. There are many good stories out there and also many talented writers.

GallyAngel

GallyAngel

Quote by zephrynIn general? No, I can't say that I usually do (I'm probably the first to say so here) like fanfiction. After reading a few hundred or so they get boring... the plots all start sounding the same, the characters are often out-of-character, there are people that don't understand the anime (or whatever it is) enough to be able to write about it, and then there are some "writers" that don't bother using spell check or bother with having a beta reader... argh! - it's like, if you don't care enough about what you're writing then don't bother! It's ridiculous sometimes really... just because your level of fandom is high, doesn't mean that your writing skills are as well.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people out there that are great fanfiction writers but it's really rare to find anyone that meets my standards. Sorry if I sound so picky about it... I just can't read anything if it is worse than my own - and yes, I do write fanfiction.

Well said, and I completely agree with you. I find I can't stand reading over 90% of the stuff out there. The general lack of any sort of effort makes me sad. Kinda like Fanart. XD

Signature

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

Love it. I write so much, but it always tends to lean on fanfiction. I've got to say (if someone hasn't mentioned it already), Fanfiction.net is an excellent website for fanfiction. I don't know why it's so addictive though. ^_~

You need only believe. . .

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

I like to read fanfiction. There are many a good fiction out there, and you just have to find them.

But, like others have said, it gets a little old after a while. Soon the same kind of stories come up and the same plot is evident- it makes me want to scream!

a thing about Fanfiction.net is that it's good for people to post their stories. But I've seen good authors removed from the site because people have unfairly reported them for really no good reason at all. This frustrates authors and they have to find other sites to post. Also fanfiction.net is the hub for really bad high school fics >:(

Signature Image

Rella

Rella

Tsukihime

I love fan fiction! I love reading it and I write it too! I visit fanfiction.net everyday!

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Anyone and Anything XD

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Depends on the fanfic. For example I hate the Sailor Moon fanfics (yeah, the henati ones) but i read some days ago Tomoyo42's Room and i couldn't stop laughing my head off.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.