Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I find difficult drawing hands - Minitokyo

I find difficult drawing hands

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

I always try to avoid drawing hands 'cause I just can't get them right, most of the times I draw them too small... So tips and suggestion are welcome.
Thanks for your time!

Signature
Thanks a lot to sumomo- for the awsome signature. :)
Proud member of ~.:Doujinshi-Support-Club:.~.:Hispanime:.~

PAche

PAche

hoarder

me too.but here's a tip i got from someone, it sorta works.of course practice is best, but this is sometihng you can try too.

break the hands to parts.something like this once you got the basic figure then draw over it hard, befor that lightly is enough

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Well hands to me are not a porblem. But drawing the hiar with a lot of curves is where I have a porblem.

Signature Image

Koenken

Koenken

Crazy Tiger

I have trouble with hands, but sometimes they turn out good.
Also, I have problems with feet.

"You should never get between people and their pudding!" - Milly Tompson

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

Quote: I have trouble with hands, but sometimes they turn out good.
Also, I have problems with feet.

Yeah, feet are even harder to draw, but usually you won't have to draw them, I mean the fingers, mots of the times u will use boots, shoes, etc. You'll have to draw something different every time.

Signature

Shadu

Shadu

Lost Myself

It's funny, I usually have problems drawing hands on say, characters, but when I draw real hands that are close shots, I don't really have a problem. I guess it's just because it looks like they should be more detailed, but aren't from such a distance.

My tip: practice of course, but like said before, draw the hands in parts. Draw like a square, but think of it in space. It's just like starting a head with an egg shape (sometimes) and then sketching in the eyes and such with lines.

You need only believe. . .

you can also use poses that cover hands so you dont have to draw them like putting them on the pocket or something

Signature Image

Hands are quite hard, but I got some great tips from my dad who's an architect and he told me: "If you hide them you'll never learn. Practice hands and then eventually you'll get better!" And it's true XD Even if they're horrible, draw em' on your picture anyways ^-^

pogimonzgt

pogimonzgt

boku wa... bakemono ka?

yeah. just keep doodling, and eventually, you'll get them right. ^-^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

The best tip is to practice. The second one is to try and hide them. Many people have problem with hands, they are one of the hardest parts of human anatomy to draw. There is a very efficient way to learn which many teachers use for their students in artschool. It's hard to explain now and it would be better to be showen in schetches. If you think that my help would be welcome mail me and I'll do some schetches for you and explain:)

pamkips

pamkips

?????

hands are hard for me

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

Hello everybody... Just trying to contribute and putting my ideas here....

I had problems with hands before, one drawing teacher (as a lot of books say) told me that I had to use circles and cilinders, (circles in the joints and cilinders for the finger between the joints), the palm should be something like a circle too. It is hard to explain because I dont have a scanner here but it helps.... Practice and you´l get it.... What helps too is putting your hand the same way the character would put it (even taking pictures) and draw it. Once I took pictures of my hand to make a 3dmodel hand, and it helped a lot....

Cheers

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

how i do it is i draw a trapezoid with a rounded top(at the joint of the wrist)
now i cant really help you with the fingers...
but i would reccomend using cylinders etc

to get them to be the right size draw them compared to the face
and the palm should be around half the face

i cant say that i always draw them the right size, but that is how you could do it

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

Thanks to all of you. I've been practicing this last days and I think I'm getting it.

Signature

u dunt .. jus draw five fingers then connect them together then connectin them to the hand then the arm then the body n finish/..

I love drawing hands... I learned by drawing my own hand in 8th grade.. Art teacher made us.. like we'll take the peace of paper and pose our left or which ever hand you dont use to draw and draw it.. it works..

sometimes i draw a shapes first as a base before i go into detail.. that works well too.. maybe you should look for a tutorial site.. like Polycarbon.. google that name and you'll find good hand tutorials X3

Zombies rule the world!

Drawing hands is difficult for me as well.

My solution is to find a picture of a hand that fits the description (pose, size, shape, ext...) of your needs. Afterwards copy the hand on a separate sheet, make adjustments to it if needed, then copy the hand onto your drawing. (Do not trace, you won't get better.)

Hope this tip helps.

i hate drawing hands
i try avoiding drawing them as much as possible
but sometimes if i have to draw hands
then i would use frame structures.

well it can be hard, but i found that its not as hard as it looks, because the only one who really thinks that the hand looks bad is you, to many other vewers hands are easy as 5 or 6 curved lines

if its going to be a long shot, im still going to take it, and trust my aim that it hits
Signature

I used to have problems with drawings hands too. But usually, you can always start off drawing a round ball figure to start off. After that, draw 5 lines of how you want your fingers to be. After that, you start inserting details by drawing the fingers.

Anyways, you can always refer to some other anime which shows variety of finger poses to practice. That's how I get to improve my fingers. But anyhow, I sometimes will use my finger as model too. Since it's close and you can always make the pose you want with it, I think you can always start with your fingers. ^^

Well, hope that works. I'll congratulate you after you've done with your fingers, heheh. ^^

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

kyohimura

kyohimura

The burning spirit

Thanks guys, I hope this thread hepls more than one. And you can be sure I'm trying everything you say I should try, after all thats the least I could do.

Signature

dragongirli

dragongirli

girl of the dragons

i had the same problem myslef. the way i got better, was that i got a LOT of references and drew my own hands. i used those to practice and develope my own style.

the trick really is to practice a lot, but i got better a lot faster if i used hands that some one had already drawn for a reference, i guess because it shows it can be done!

maybe if you try this, it will help :)

knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard. be evil.

I've been studying human anatomy for a good while now, but no book can truly teach what needs to be practiced. Study your own hand. I know it sounds silly just to sit around and stare at your hand but you'll notice the way your muscles move, tiny curves, the proportion of your hand compared to your arm, and many fine details. You'll also find that a hand can be simplified into a series of circles or squares.

And if not...well, I suggest Drawing and Painting Hands & Feet-- Robert E. Fairley

I like drawing hands, but sometimes it's pretty difficult to get them to look right XD; People have too many fingers!!! But that's besides the point. >>;

Hmm. Try coping your own hands or from photographs. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. :D And... a good way to check is to compare the size of the hand to the face of whoever you're drawing - it would reach up to the eyebrows. :3

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.