Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Homeless people: Do you care? - Minitokyo

Homeless people: Do you care?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I do care for them. I mean. We have it all. A nice home, food, water. But wat about those other people who live on the streets? So I ask you guys. Do you care about them? And if you do. Then wat would you do to help?

Signature Image

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I care very much indeed. I go at least once a week the entire year except summertime and do charity. I also am a member of the CommonCents Charity Organization(they have a website you can check out). I help collect and donate money,clothing and supplies to charities once a year with a dance and a penny harvest at my school. Still, I would like to keep helping out next summer as well >.>.

I care about homeless people..i truly do. But i do not donate or give out money on the streets. My reasons..
-Charities 90% of the time, steal money from what is raised and leave 1% of what was raised and give it to the homeless..which is hardly enough to buy a coffee
-Sending money to other countries is a waist of time..since their governments do steal them too
-Handing out money to a homeless person on the street may not be a smart idea because most of them are either faking being homeless, or only want the money. I've tried giving food to those who asked money for food..and they declinded my food for money...i knew it was for drugs..

I would rather donate my money to a country like haides etc..a place where they dont have a single thing to eat...i would rather go there myself and give it to the families face to face.

SouthernBoy504

SouthernBoy504

Da Southern Don

I care for them a lot as well, one of the things that get to me a lot is the homeless and how tough they have it without having the essential comforts the average person would have. I believe that everyone needs a home and an opportunity.

Signature Image
Thanks to Philyra for the sig and avy

umm. I guess I do... but I think if I were ever homeless due to a hurricane I would feel happy that other people had homes! and not everyone was miserable.... yeah...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

i really care for them!! i agree with toxictea23 but if they seem like they are very homeless than i might give them some food or money!!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

Koenken

Koenken

Crazy Tiger

Quote by toxictea23I care about homeless people..i truly do. But i do not donate or give
out money on the streets. My reasons..
-Charities 90% of the time, steal money from what is raised and leave
1% of what was raised and give it to the homeless..which is hardly
enough to buy a coffee
-Sending money to other countries is a waist of time..since their
governments do steal them too
-Handing out money to a homeless person on the street may not be a
smart idea because most of them are either faking being homeless, or
only want the money. I've tried giving food to those who asked money
for food..and they declinded my food for money...i knew it was for
drugs..
I would rather donate my money to a country like haides etc..a place
where they dont have a single thing to eat...i would rather go there
myself and give it to the families face to face.

I agree with your statements.

"You should never get between people and their pudding!" - Milly Tompson

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

yes!! i feel so sory for them. i donate to the poors but i only donate on the streets if i see they are handicapped or so. its really sad. :(

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

I don't care for them at all... don't want to sound mean but i think its their fault for not staying in school and now they end up in the street, it was their decision. i know not every homeless end up like that cuz of that reason but yea..
I do feel bad for those homeless people in New Orleans right now tho. those hard worker lost everything just cuz of flood..
Life is unfair.

<(^_^<) <(^_^)> (>^_^)>

This is my signature
You like?

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

my heart goes out to the homeless, and i feel quite sad for their awful situation. i've given them food, money, and donated to charities.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

It really depends on why they're homeless. If they're homeless because they're unemployed from lack of trying, I don't feel sorry for them at all. But if it was through circumstances beyond their control, I feel bad and try to help'em out.

"It is especially important to encourage unorthodox thinking when the situation is critical: At such moments every new word and fresh thought is more precious than gold. Indeed, people must not be deprived of the right to think their own thoughts. "

-Boris Yeltsin

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

Of course i do care about them... I feel really sad when i look at them and I'm crying from inside.... I'm always trying to donate with my money because i don't want to feel that I'm better than them and i want them to have what i have, i know it's impossible but I'm trying my best...

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

EVERLAST

Wild spectrum

i do care about them, and since i am a christian, i always go to church to give money, which they give to all those homeless/really poor people.

Shiz

Harmless Ronin

I care for them but that depends on their physical condition for example: having lost one of their leg or arm ; that I really care for them and donate for them but if they are physically well and having a perfect body like everyone else ; I dont really care much for them because they are capable of finding themselves some job like sanitarian work or.. I dunno.. labor work if they are desperate?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by miraku-spikeI do care for them. I mean. We have it all. A nice home, food, water.
But wat about those other people who live on the streets? So I ask you
guys. Do you care about them? And if you do. Then wat would you do to
help?

Yes, I really care for them... sometimes I give them food...
If I've millions of cash, I'll give them home... :)

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I care about all people, but most homeless people I could not care less about helping. They are their because they refused to do what was necessary to keep a home. The ones that are inclined to stop being homeless do, if they work hard to earn it. If you give it to them without them earning it, they just squander it if thats how they got on the streets the first time.

This is of course from an American perspective. In other countries I am sure the situation may differ.

I am invincible!

Welcome to everyone!!!

Hei !!! I will care about them !!!

Hei !!! NICE TO MEET YOU AND GOOD TO SEE YOU !!! Hope you have wonderful days everyday

I was to see an homeless person, i would feel great sympathy for him or her.
But at the same time not trust them, because there is a reason they are out there,
and you dont know for sure what it is, So i would give them some money not enough for drugs, and offer the tell them info that could help them..but it is was an family with children i would do way more. And nice Question i might add..Talk to you later.

Signature Image A little birdy told you to .... FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Whatever their reasons are for living on the streets, i wouldn't know. Can't read minds.
I very rarely give out change if asked, instead i usually buy something like a sandwich or some fruit and give that to them instead.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

pamkips

pamkips

?????

i care about homeless people.....alot
i like participating in charities and fund-raisers and such

idek.
Signature ImageEDD!

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Some of them I do feel sympathy for. But when they try to trick me for money(one guy asked me for money to get on the skytrain when there wasn't a station around) then the sympathy goes away.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

i care, but there is little we can do, because if we give them what we can spare we will only pay for meals so they can survive to live on the street another day. I say we should do something like live 8 but to help the homeless have a home because that is the only way we can put an end to their suffering.

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

okayillgonow

okayillgonow

Never tolerate oppression...

Hell Yeah, especially the hurricane katrina refugees!!

''From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.'' (Karl Marx)

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I feel terrible for people who are homeless...I don't know how I could do anything about it though...some of those people would be homeless because they spent their money on drugs and would do the same if you gave them money and that wouldn't help them at all.
I don't have enough money to give to truly help someone...
If I was an emensely rich celebrity...I would pay to build accommodation houses for those who are without homes and can't afford to live anywhere...but then I'd also be worried about people abusing the generosity...it's too hard to say what one can really do...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.