Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you 'win'/'lose' in an agrument with your parents? - Minitokyo

Do you 'win'/'lose' in an agrument with your parents?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

i hardly agrue with my father but i mostly do with my mum and i always 'lose'. sometimes, i feel so irritated when i feel that i'm actually the one who is 'right'. so in the end, i learn to keep quiet and not talk back to my mum...

Brightens up my life. Paint me a RAINBOW!
Signature Image

well... i always stay quiet. or tell them" yes, yes... i'll do it later." it's not really a argument because i haven't really have any heated debate with them in a very long while.

you won't say but i can tell you love me too
sometimes you'll smile, but have no clue
you also kiss me but don't know why
say things from within when you look into my eyes
sometimes it just takes more than words to realize
that the one that love you is right by your side

the last argument we had, which occurred yesterday, I lost. I was even threatened by my mom. my mom and I had always have these little disagreements ever since I started middle school, we would argue about the topic for even an hour, but we never really had serious arguments, those are forbidden at my house.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

When I argue with my parents, I always seem to lose, simply because they think they're right because of their wisdom from over the years. I can never seem to win over my mother; the both of us had an argument about being on forums and chatrooms in that she said most people impersonate themselves online just to try to prove something. She believes that people online are full of crap with the exception of the people who she came across in life and chatted with them online. My mother believes that her way is the right way. As for my father, he seems to have alternative solutions to my problems instead of completely contradicting me. I can work with his ideas better than I could agree to what my mother says.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Whenever I argue with the parental units, it usually ends with them believing they have won. In the end, though, they always come to me and admit they were wrong.

Moral of the reply? I always win against my folks. They're usually too old school for their own good.

"I wanted to change the world, too. But I changed nothing. This is my story."

I'd have to say it's almost always lose.

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

for me i always go to my point of view and i dont care if they agree or disagree wif me. if we have an argument, i say what i feel is right then if i see that they are right, i shut up. i usually win. :)

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Whenever I argue with my dad..sometimes I win, but most of the time I just shut up and nod and say "yes.."
With my mom it's probably the same thing, usually I try to ignore her or I just give up and give in to what she says...again I just nod and say "yes.." even though I know that I'll just keep doing my own thing..but i still love them..

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote by SilentMasamuneWhen I argue with my parents, I always seem to lose, simply because they think they're right because of their wisdom from over the years. I can never seem to win over my mother; the both of us had an argument about being on forums and chatrooms in that she said most people impersonate themselves online just to try to prove something. She believes that people online are full of crap with the exception of the people who she came across in life and chatted with them online. My mother believes that her way is the right way. As for my father, he seems to have alternative solutions to my problems instead of completely contradicting me. I can work with his ideas better than I could agree to what my mother says.

that sounds like my problem as well >< my mum is very...uptight, and she always wants to be right. not that she thinks that she's right, she just wants to be right, even when she's not (and with proof as well) *rolls eyes* i argue with my mum every few days or so...and she's against online chatting as well...

as for my dad...all i can say is my poor dad :( he always gets blamed for everything :P

but anyway...back to the question...i usually lose. even with proof, i'll lose because my mum will just refuse to understand or listen. it's not very pleasant to live under the same roof as her when she's in 'the mood'.

you can never win an aurgument wiht your parents. its not they style. even if your right you lose. but just be confident and stick to your guns ( even if thier empty). MAdlion __________________________________________________________________________(...)

storm-dragon-girl

storm-dragon-girl

I am unseen, unheard, & unknown

I can never win against my parents. Because when ever I reply they think I'm being rude and then they just talk some more about stuff that I already heard from them before. So most of the time I just nod every now and then and if my Discman is near I just listen to the music while I nod here and there.

My parents always think they are right, i get along with mum better because she is more patient with me and can see things from my point of view, but my dad however is a different story, his rules are: 'rule no.1: dads always right, rule no. 2: if im wrong, look at rule no. 1'

Hes always doing that, and starts arguments all the time over stupid things. The last time we argued was a few days ago when he had a go at me for what musaic i listened too, whihc is linkin park, hoobastank, evanescence ect. He said i got my taste from other people and dont have my own opinion, which isnt the first time he suggested this. I dont get on well at all with my dad, which is probably because when we're in an argument neither of us back down so it goes on for ages, which doesnt help anything.

I guess i should just learn to accept that sometimes i need to just humour him and say hes right when he isnt, but its just not in my nature, lol.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

lose...n i hate it >=0!!
they'r too harsh about me...everythin i do is always wrong, wht's right, there's always wrong...n if i done somethin wrong they'll shout at me...aspecially my father..he always think tht he's always rite..the master of everythin (indeed he is, n i admire him, i want to beat him at everythin) but i'm 16 for God sake...i can handle everythin myself, even though it's wrong, well tht's the meaning of experience

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

i have never in my 28 years of life on this earth ever won an argument with my parents. and that really ticks me off. oh well life goes on

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

If I get in an argument with my parents (which is very rare), I'll lose badly. I'm not very good at arguing.

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.