Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MOO, MUX or MUSH? - Minitokyo

MOO, MUX or MUSH?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Anybody play on an RP oriented MOO, Mux or Mush? (NOT a MUD). er... for that matter anyone know what I'm talking about? They used to be popular back in the day... haven't been in the scene for a while now though. Just wondering if there are any good active ones out there....

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about... Just thought I would share that with you. :)

Heh... Multi Object Oriented (moo) or Multi User Dungeon (MUD)'s are text based environments, often used for Role Playing (though there used to be some that were just big hang out joints). Create a character, role play as that character by typing, etc. It was like you were controlling a character in a novel... Oh well... I guess I'm showing my age ;)

Haven't played on a MUSH or MOO, mostly on MUDs. I've dropped out of the MUD gig because ... well, I was just too slow to pick up on all the triggers and quirks of fighting stuff, and people disdainfully looked down at me if I asked for an explanation or tutorial. I'd go try a MUSH or MOO, because I'd roleplay more than worry about getting the Gimcrack of Doom to defeat the Hound of Hellspawn or whatever. Any suggestions of a good MUSH or MOO? Text adventures don't frighten me; I cut my teeth on Adventure and Zork on a Kaypro II, back in the day, and those are still some of the best games I've ever played.

macguges

macguges

yet another otaku geek

I don't know if mu*s have fewer people today than they used to, but now that the commercial alternatives have become so popular many players who would have found the traditional muds end up on EQ, DAoC, Ragnarok & roleplaying web forums. The online population has grown so much since the endless September that a lot of the old net culture has gotten obscured .. but I don't believe we've lost it.

Nowadays of course the web is the best resource for finding mu*s and muds. Yahoo has a listing, and if you're looking for the combat-oriented variety there's Mud Connector. I've played on AnimeMuck for several years, and Lambda MOO is still around. There's also Skotos, a new company providing pay-to-play prose roleplaying at Castle Marrach, along with a lot of excellent writing about the game design of muds & mu*s.

And if that's not enough assurance, DarkParagon, I've announced my own quixotic intentions to create a new text mud of my own. Perhaps you'd like to add your own two cents to my forum?

All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense. A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.