Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ask the Atheist - Minitokyo

Ask the Atheist

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 189 total items

Quote by kazuki21A skeptic states...
"I am perfectly content as a non-Christian. I do not believe in an afterlife and would never consider a religion so restrictive and exclusive as Christianity anyway."
Answer:
You are content as you are -- fair enough. If contentment is what you are after, the Christian faith may not have much to say to you for a while. But lots of things that bring contentment are not true. Would you be willing to consider something if it disturbed your contentment, but might actually be true?

Atheists do not claim to be more content then Christians. I think it is fair to say both Christians and Atheists have their own challenges in life. Being a religion does not cause discontent. Doubting your beliefs is what causes discontent. An Atheist has eternal punishment to fear if they are wrong, hence they have a strong inclination to investigate if they might be incorrect. We do investigate, but we simply do not find any reason to give in to irrational fear. A Christian fears they will not be eternally rewarded and instead simply cease to exist. Even if a Christian were to convert to being an Atheist, this would not change. They have no motivation to consider they might be wrong and will often ignore rational arguments simply because being incorrect on this matter is unacceptable. Would you be willing to consider something if it disturbed your contentment, but might actually be true?

Quote by kazuki21How do you know that there is no conscious existence after death? The main reason that people claim to not believe in an afterlife is that they think that the idea is a naive wish-fulfillment in the face of the fear of death. But disbelief in an afterlife could have the same intellectual status. It could be the hopeful wish that there might be no accountability to anyone after we die, and the hope that there is no intrusive authority in our lives before that time.

Of course we can not truly know if there is an afterlife, but we have no reason to believe there is one. There is no evidence of it at all and no logical reason why there should be an afterlife. There is absolutely no reason to believe in an afterlife, but don't want to die so we simply invent them. Accountability is irrelevant. If some higher power did exist, why would it punish someone for being logical? For simply not believing in them? Eternal suffering for a bit of analysis? If in the end, we are wrong, we can face death with confidence knowing we did only what we thought was best.

Quote by kazuki21Christian exclusiveness starts with the idea that the Gospel of Christ is true in a way that will exclude some other claims to truth. Is this so arrogant? Everybody in the world who has any religious or metaphysical convictions believes that the majority of people in the world are wrong about their religious and metaphysical convictions. For example, you exclude my convictions. But that's okay. We can talk about it much better knowing where we both stand -- two absolutists having a civil discussion.

The problem is not that you think your beliefs are correct. The problem is what you believe. An Atheist says "There is no afterlife." The Deist says "There is an afterlife." The Christian says "There is an afterlife of bliss for those like me and an afterlife of pain for those who are different." Do you see why this can seem like an exclusive and unfair religion to those not in your club?

Quote by kazuki21Text author: Richard B. Keyes, Director of L'Abri MA, a residential study center in Southborough, Massachusetts. L'Abri was founded in Switzerland by the late Dr. Francis Schaeffer in 1955. Mr. Keyes is also and author and lecturer. Since 1997 he has served as an AIIA Resource Associate (worldviews). Above text provided by AIIA Institute.
Why the Atheist doesn't exist
There can be no such things as an atheist. This is why: Let's imagine that you are a professing atheist. Here are two questions for you to answer: First, do you know the combined weight of all the sand on all the beaches of Hawaii? We can safely assume that you don't. This brings us to the second question: Do you know how many hairs are on the back of a fully-grown male Tibetan yak? Probably not. It is therefore reasonable to conclude that there are some things that you don't know. It is important to ask these questions because there are some people who think they know everything.
Let's say that you know an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. To know 100 percent, you would have to know everything. There wouldn't be a rock in the universe that you would not be intimately familiar with, or a grain of sand that you would not be aware of. You would know everything that has happened in history, from that which is common knowledge to the minor details of the secret love life of Napoleon's great-grandmother's black cat's fleas. You would know every hair of every head, and every thought of every heart. All history would be laid out before you, because you would be omniscient (all-knowing).
Bear in mind that one of the greatest scientists who ever lived, Thomas Edison, said, "We do not know a millionth of one percent about anything." Let me repeat: Let's say that you have an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. Would it be possible, in the ninety-nine percent of the knowledge that you haven't yet come across, that there might be ample evidence to prove the existence of God? If you are reasonable, you will be forced to admit that it is possible. Somewhere, in the knowledge you haven't yet discovered, there could be enough evidence to prove that God does exist.
Let's look at the same thought from another angle. If I were to make an absolute statement such as, "There is no gold in China," what is needed for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock, in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute knowledge before I can make an absolute statement of that nature. Conversely, for me to say, "There is gold in China," I don't need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.
To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.
If you insist upon disbelief in God, what you must say is, "Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God." Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don't know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be an atheist. The only true qualifier for the title is the One who has absolute knowledge, and why on earth would God want to deny His own existence?
The professing atheist is what is commonly known as an "agnostic" - one who claims he "doesn't know" if God exists. It is interesting to note that the Latin equivalent for the Greek word is "ignoramus."

An Atheist is agnostic. We don't know if God exists, but until there is evidence that he does exist, we are justified in believing he does not.

Quote by kazuki21The Bible tells us that this ignorance is "willful" (Psalm 10:4). It's not that a person can't find God, but that he won't. It has been rightly said that the "atheist" can't find God for the same reason a thief can't find a policeman. He knows that if he admits that there is a God, he is admitting that he is ultimately responsible to Him. This is not a pleasant thought for some.
Excerpted from God Doesn't Believe in Atheists by Ray Comfort

This is untrue and biased. If we feared Hell we would be Christian. If we knew we were ignorant, by definition, we would not be. The author doesn't understand. We don't deny some overwhelming proof of God. We deny what does not conform to reality. Don't you see that we reject Heaven as well as Hell? We see the world without the stories you have placed on top of it.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote by kazuki21To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

Yes, but you can also say:

To say categorically, "There is a God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is a God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion

Using the same arguments, there are no "Christians" or any believers, since they cannot prove the existence of their gods.

i have seen atheists accepting the possibility of the existence of a god. I also accept that.
But I've never met a believer accepting the possibility of the non-existence of a god...

Untill someone proves to me the existence of a god, I don't believe in anyone...

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

samu02

Back to Basics

This would be great on your tombstone
"Here lies an Atheist, all dress up and nowhere to go"
I read it once, kinda struck me funny. Think about it.
No soul, no god, no heaven. What do you believe in anyway?
It's kinda sad, really. Why did you become an atheist anyway?
It will help understand you better if I know the reason so as to not judge you.
Me, I believe in a God, I didn't a few years back. I questioned the need of a god.
Someone who controls what happens to me is kinda insulting, really.
They say all your questions get answered when you die. I got a glimpse of that answer, when I thought I was going to die. I ask out loud my questions and I was given an answer. So if you want something, ask for it. You'll get what you need when you do so. Buh-bye

"If faced with a life or death situation, an average person would choose life; a hero also chooses life, just not for himself"
"Knowledge is Power. But Power unused accomplishes nothing"
[CENTER][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote: No soul, no god, no heaven. What do you believe in anyway?

We believe in ourselves and in other people.

It's not sad at all. That's what is annoying me most. Believers think of atheists either as "evil" or as sick beyond cure. Why that attitude?

I did not become an atheist immediately. It was a period around 3-4 years ago, when I had just finished school and was waiting for the university ot start. I had plenty of time to think and free of the influence of school and the Christian teachers, I discovered that my philosphy was a bit different than that of Jesus. Eventualy, I stopped believing in Jesus' divine side and in God.
There was no other reason. It was not because of some dissapointment by god, if that's what you mean

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

Quote by samu02This would be great on your tombstone
Me, I believe in a God, I didn't a few years back. I questioned the need of a god.
They say all your questions get answered when you die. I got a glimpse of that answer, when I thought I was going to die. I ask out loud my questions and I was given an answer. So if you want something, ask for it. You'll get what you need when you do so. Buh-bye

We are atheists because how sad or happy something is does not define its truthfulness. Reality shows nothing that promotes the existence of a God or afterlife. Life has an ending. This is the inevitable truth that is reached when you accept rational thought. Life is worth living, but death is nothing more then the ending of life. Knowing life is finite should not lead to depression or suicide. Knowing life is finite is great motivating factor to live life to the fullest since this is all we get.
Second, prayer does not work. Don't you find it odd that what you "need" is hardly ever what you "want". In fact, what you "want" is almost always given as if it was by chance. But you always get what you "need" even if you don't know what it is. Even if its nothing at all. I find it is the same as not asking. Don't you think its possible that getting through tough situations is evidence of your strength, not God's strength? That what you receive is from other people who care for you and not God's love? You can use prayer to make yourself stronger, not because God helps you, but because you believe God helps you.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by kazuki21How do you know that there is no conscious existence after death? The main reason that people claim to not believe in an afterlife is that they think that the idea is a naive wish-fulfillment in the face of the fear of death.

There is no conscious after death because with death comes the rotting away of our brain, the origin of our conscious. I do not fear death but I fear a life without fulfillment. I want to contribute to humanity as best as I can before I die because, as imperfect as humanity is, I love humanity. Atheists concern themselves not with an afterlife but with this life, unlike Christians whom always come up with ways to avoid Hell and aim for Heaven to the point where chosen methods of avoidance become ridiculous and detrimental to society. Atheists say there is no afterlife just like Christians state there is a Heaven and Hell. We both make absolute statements which should only be considered as opinion based on belief. Atheists use science to extract a belief while Christians use a 2000 year-old book written by man whom claimed Heaven existed in the clouds hence the name of where God resides.

Quote by kazuki21First, do you know the combined weight of all the sand on all the beaches of Hawaii? Do you know how many hairs are on the back of a fully-grown male Tibetan yak?

No I don't and neither do you. Atheists don't know if there is an afterlife and see no scientific possibility for it as far as science is concerned. That's one absolute based on what science has to say. Christians claim there is an afterlife and that afterlife is called Heaven where our 'souls' go. Those are three absolutes based on what a book has to offer. I'd have to say Atheists are a bit more reasonable.

Quote by kazuki21Let's say that you know an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. To know 100 percent, you would have to know everything. There wouldn't be a rock in the universe that you would not be intimately familiar with, or a grain of sand that you would not be aware of. You would know everything that has happened in history, from that which is common knowledge to the minor details of the secret love life of Napoleon's great-grandmother's black cat's fleas. You would know every hair of every head, and every thought of every heart. All history would be laid out before you, because you would be omniscient (all-knowing).

Bear in mind that one of the greatest scientists who ever lived, Thomas Edison, said, "We do not know a millionth of one percent about anything." Let me repeat: Let's say that you have an incredible one percent of all the knowledge in the universe. Would it be possible, in the ninety-nine percent of the knowledge that you haven't yet come across, that there might be ample evidence to prove the existence of God? If you are reasonable, you will be forced to admit that it is possible. Somewhere, in the knowledge you haven't yet discovered, there could be enough evidence to prove that God does exist.

Let's look at the same thought from another angle. If I were to make an absolute statement such as, "There is no gold in China," what is needed for that statement to be proven true? I need absolute or total knowledge. I need to have information that there is no gold in any rock, in any river, in the ground, in any store, in any ring, or in any mouth (gold filling) in China. If there is one speck of gold in China, then my statement is false and I have no basis for it. I need absolute knowledge before I can make an absolute statement of that nature. Conversely, for me to say, "There is gold in China," I don't need to have all knowledge. I just need to have seen a speck of gold in the country, and the statement is then true.

To say categorically, "There is no God," is to make an absolute statement. For the statement to be true, I must know for certain that there is no God in the entire universe. No human being has all knowledge. Therefore, none of us is able to truthfully make this assertion.

True, very true. But we know more now than we ever knew 2000 years ago when Jesus preached his lies to the ignorant. We know we came from apes not from Adam and Eve. We know that the sky only holds clouds and nothing more, not a bearded man in a golden throne. Perhaps there is a force behind us all but I see no signs of it and I would have to say that if there truly is, I would not believe it were the god spoken of in the bible. I don't believe in a god which falls in the same category as witches, dragons, unicorns, and fairies. In other words, I believe that all religions are wrong. And by the way, Christians who say that God, as in the bible, god, exists, they are stating a much bigger and more specific absolute than the statement that there is no god.

Quote by kazuki21If you insist upon disbelief in God, what you must say is, "Having the limited knowledge I have at present, I believe that there is no God." Owing to a lack of knowledge on your part, you don't know if God exists. So, in the strict sense of the word, you cannot be an atheist. The only true qualifier for the title is the One who has absolute knowledge, and why on earth would God want to deny His own existence?

I am an Atheist because I do not believe in a God. Agnostics believe that it is an uncertain issue. Both groups do not deny the existence of a supernatural entity, they simply have a difference in belief based on current available evidence. It is very possible to be an Atheist. And Christians should state "thou I lack a gram of evidence that supports the existence of the god that is spoken of in the bible, and even less a gram of evidence that diproves all other religions and the belief that Atheists hold, I believe in what the bible says even though the people who wrote it lived a long time ago when people weren't very smart and believed that females were inferior and that we came from two people named Adam and Eve and that claimed that all other religions are wrong and inferior to Christianity.

Quote by kazuki21It is said that Mussolini (the Italian dictator), once stood on a pinnacle and cried, "God, if you are there, strike me dead!" When God didn't immediately bow to his dictates, Mussolini then concluded that there was no God. However, his prayer was answered some time later

Mussolini was not struck down by god, he was executed by other people.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by samu02This would be great on your tombstone

I plan to be cremated for one thing so no tombstone for me.

Personally I believe once you die you die for good. There is no heaven. The question is why do religious people need a heaven and hell? Because they are so afraid of dying probably. They would rather spend an eternity in Hell so long as they get to continue existing. That's my take on it anyway.

The reason most likely that I am an atheist is because I grew up with non-devout parents. I grew up pretty fine with no serious depression and suicidal thoughts. Since my life is going fine what's the point of believing in God I thought. Later I began a more serious study into the God vs. No God. I found that I preferred the No God side for various reasons.

So my question is what would you do if you found that your God is the wrong God ? What I mean is this. There are several thousand religions in the world. Each say that they are the one TRUE religion. If for some reason you knew definitively that the religion you have currently is wrong and some other religion is the true one what would you do? Would you convert? What if God told you that your religion is wrong? Would you believe God?

Please don't say that God would never do such as thing because that is plain silly. This is a what-if question ok so just imagine God doing that.

For me if God came down and told me that He existed I probably would ask for proof. Surely God being God could persuade an atheist that He existed.

Hey there, not asking a question, but i'm here to support! woohoo!
I am not a full atheist, my parents were buddhists, and i have been taught buddhist values. But i am now more into atheism...
Anyway, i realise a lot of these people need a god to watch over them for them to have moral values... Because they claim atheists to be moralless and heartless.. pretty shallow to me...

Well, here i am to reiterate the beliefs of an atheist.
Atheist do not believe in anything where there is no metaphysical evidence to support. They are not, in fact, against any religion whatsoever. Atheism is also not a religion by itself. It is just... the non-belief of gods.. I find that a lot of people use stuff in the bible to try to ask questions. Here is my question. not to the atheist, to the theist.
Why do you base your beliefs solely on a book?

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by CyberDragoon
I plan to be cremated for one thing so no tombstone for me.

Personally I believe once you die you die for good. There is no heaven. The question is why do religious people need a heaven and hell? Because they are so afraid of dying probably. They would rather spend an eternity in Hell so long as they get to continue existing. That's my take on it anyway.

The reason most likely that I am an atheist is because I grew up with non-devout parents. I grew up pretty fine with no serious depression and suicidal thoughts. Since my life is going fine what's the point of believing in God I thought. Later I began a more serious study into the God vs. No God. I found that I preferred the No God side for various reasons.

So my question is what would you do if you found that your God is the wrong God ? What I mean is this. There are several thousand religions in the world. Each say that they are the one TRUE religion. If for some reason you knew definitively that the religion you have currently is wrong and some other religion is the true one what would you do? Would you convert? What if God told you that your religion is wrong? Would you believe God?

Please don't say that God would never do such as thing because that is plain silly. This is a what-if question ok so just imagine God doing that.

For me if God came down and told me that He existed I probably would ask for proof. Surely God being God could persuade an atheist that He existed.

I agree. If the clouds split, called out my name, and I heard a thunderous voice tell me that I will burn in Hell if I didn't convert to Christianity, AND I knew that I wasn't crazy or hallucinating or anything and everyone saw what I saw, I would fall to my knees and pray. Until then, though, no, I'm an Atheist to the very end. By the way, I've been to where heaven, according to ancient scriptures, was supposed to be but all I found was condensing water.

Quote by Aki18Hey there, not asking a question, but i'm here to support! woohoo!
I am not a full atheist, my parents were buddhists, and i have been taught buddhist values. But i am now more into atheism...
Anyway, i realise a lot of these people need a god to watch over them for them to have moral values... Because they claim atheists to be moralless and heartless.. pretty shallow to me...

Well, here i am to reiterate the beliefs of an atheist.
Atheist do not believe in anything where there is no metaphysical evidence to support. They are not, in fact, against any religion whatsoever. Atheism is also not a religion by itself. It is just... the non-belief of gods.. I find that a lot of people use stuff in the bible to try to ask questions. Here is my question. not to the atheist, to the theist.
Why do you base your beliefs solely on a book?

Yes, well, it's not easy to be an Atheist. America is one of the most intolerant countries I know. I prefer Europe. It's slowly moving towards Atheism. Anyways, it's funny how Theists call Atheists moralless but I'd like to ask the Theists how many Atheists do they see hijack planes and fly them into buildings or banish Jews to gas chambers. When a Theist gives money to the poor, it's usually in expectance to be rewarded by whatever their god may be or avoid a bad afterlife. When an Atheist does it, it's usually to truly benefit mankind and don't expect anything in return. Atheists, after all, love their fellow man more than any god or deity. One example of an atheist philanthropist would be Bill Gates.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Quote by ProgramZEROI agree. If the clouds split, called out my name, and I heard a thunderous voice tell me that I will burn in Hell if I didn't convert to Christianity, AND I knew that I wasn't crazy or hallucinating or anything and everyone saw what I saw, I would fall to my knees and pray. Until then, though, no, I'm an Atheist to the very end. By the way, I've been to where heaven, according to ancient scriptures, was supposed to be but all I found was condensing water.

If that happened to me I'd probably just flip off the sky. Even if someone proved god existed conclusively I still wouldn't get down on my knees and worship him/her/it. I'd admit I was wrong about god's existence, but that's about it.

Quote by ProgramZEROYes, well, it's not easy to be an Atheist. America is one of the most intolerant countries I know. I prefer Europe. It's slowly moving towards Atheism. Anyways, it's funny how Theists call Atheists moralless but I'd like to ask the Theists how many Atheists do they see hijack planes and fly them into buildings or banish Jews to gas chambers. When a Theist gives money to the poor, it's usually in expectance to be rewarded by whatever their god may be or avoid a bad afterlife. When an Atheist does it, it's usually to truly benefit mankind and don't expect anything in return. Atheists, after all, love their fellow man more than any god or deity. One example of an atheist philanthropist would be Bill Gates.

I agree. It really is sad that so many people need the threat of punishment in Hell just to help one another, the hypocrisy is sickening really.

Isn't religion just a means to keep people in line? The morals embedded within every type of religion serves as a means to ensure that people carry out righteous deeds and be rewarded passage through the gates of heaven. I don't think this type of enlightenment should be strictly applied to religious people. I think atheists can choose to follow self-made guidelines and seek their own revelations rather than through a deity.

erebusnight

::Kickass Imposter!:: <(^.~)>

Quote by muyojoeIt sounds easy to be an atheist.

How is it easy to be an atheist? To one that believes in the presence and divinity of God, you should not look down on an atheist. You should, instead, feel pain and pity from your point of view. To deny the warmth and love, the care and nurturing that you believe God has given you, is nothing near easy.

Someday we'll know
Why Samson loved Delilah
One day I'll go
Dancing on the moon.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by erebusnightHow is it easy to be an atheist? To one that believes in the presence and divinity of God, you should not look down on an atheist. You should, instead, feel pain and pity from your point of view. To deny the warmth and love, the care and nurturing that you believe God has given you, is nothing near easy.

Atheist do not believe in the existence of that love. Therefore they do not feel any loss in denying a love that they believe to not really exist. You should not feel pity for atheists. That is condescending and pointless. Condescending because it will appear like you think that you're better than atheists because you believe in God. Pointless because in all likelihood the atheist will feel pity for YOU instead. Atheists believe that you believe in nothing. Smoke and mirrors. They will pity you instead because you pray and no one will ever hear you.

But that's besides the point. My point is that anything can be made easy so long as you believe what you're doing is right.

Quote by muyojoe It sounds easy to be an atheist. Only worry about yourself, worry about what you do, say you have no control, and say, even if you are doing nothing, that you are doing your best.

I'm sorry, but at least religions (all that I know of) teach you to turn the other cheek and that it is your responsibility to help others (poor, misfortuned, etc...). I may not agree with all of their methods, but the message is better and sounder than yours. Good luck with your beliefs though. I really was hoping that either of you was truly trying to make your heaven better for all of us, but I guess not. Personally when your son is having heart surgery, your wife is giving birth, or you almost die yourself (some of what I've been through) you find out what you believe in. I take that to heart and won't forget it, because that would be hypocritical.

I wish people would stop assuming that what one atheist says all of a sudden pertains to all atheists. There is no message for atheists. WE DON'T HAVE A MESSAGE OR A CERTAIN LIFESTYLE OR A CERTAIN WAY OF VIEWING THE WORLD. Atheist means you do not believe in God. Period. It does not mean that you're an activist trying to make everyone else stop believing. It does not mean that suddenly you no longer have morals. It does not mean that you do not "believe in turning the other cheek". These are also labels that people put on atheists in society. There is no other term for an atheist, no other requirement, no other idea that they have to follow. Atheism is simply a philosophy people choose that means that they do not believe in God.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Funny. From what I've read, no Theist has challenged for a while. I guess I am a Master Debater.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by KoutetsuWhich is the real god? I just can't decide, there are so many. That in and of itself doesn't prove itself wrong, or anything. I'd like an answer to my lifelong feat.. :(

There is only one god that I KNOW exists. His name is science and he has blessed us with things like medicine and technology. He is the ultimate god.

Quote by muyojoe

Quote by ProgramZEROI'm not an activist. I have not participated in any form of activism besides this thread. I can only wait until I am in the position to become an activist.

Funny your signature says you have alot to do, but you say you are waiting to do it. Sounds like you want to be an atheist, but your not one yet. You say you are supposed to be working for heaven on earth, but you aren't doing anything to accomplish this. Are you sure you got this right?

That signature contains a quote that belongs to an activist whom fought prayer in public schools. It is not my quote.

well i only know of one god called God(or Jesus if you will) that even made science possible...so your trying to say God created another God to overrun him?

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by kingray100well i only know of one god called God(or Jesus if you will) that even made science possible...so your trying to say God created another God to overrun him?

Jesus isn't God. Jesus is the son of God.

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by kingray100well i only know of one god called God(or Jesus if you will) that even made science possible...so your trying to say God created another God to overrun him?

Jesus isn't God. Jesus is the son of God.

yeah but if you read the bible Jesus is involved with the trinity of God the Father,Jesus the Son, and the holy spirit.I classify the entire trinity as God.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by kingray100well i only know of one god called God(or Jesus if you will) that even made science possible.

Science is man's ability to reason. Science was developed by man, not a deity. God isn't reason, He's superstition.

Quote by kingray100so your trying to say God created another God to overrun him?

I'm saying science, a creation of man, is superior to God, another creation of man.

Here's an idea, STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS... especially 85 week old ones...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by kingray100well i only know of one god called God(or Jesus if you will) that even made science possible.

Science is man's ability to reason. Science was developed by man, not a deity. God isn't reason, He's superstition.

Quote by kingray100so your trying to say God created another God to overrun him?

I'm saying science, a creation of man, is superior to God, another creation of man.

Yeah but man was created by God if you like it or not, and will never be a superstition.And nothing is superior to God.Your words are so wrong i think im gonna laugh.

merged: 07-16-2007 ~ 08:42pm

Quote by DarkRoseofHellHere's an idea, STOP REVIVING OLD THREADS... especially 85 week old ones...

if its a religious matter where everyone wants to stomp on God,then Im gonna revive it if you like it or not. Im gonna try to set things straight.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by kingray100Yeah but man was created by God if you like it or not, and will never be a superstition.

It IS a superstition because there is no evidence that suggests that God created man. The fact that the only reference to God is in the creations of man such as in books or dialogue is plenty of evidence that God was created by man.

Quote by kingray100And nothing is superior to God.Your words are so wrong i think im gonna laugh.

Science is superior to God. Science gives us medicine, technology, and a higher standard of living. As far as I know, God hasn't given us anything.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Quote by kingray100if its a religious matter where everyone wants to stomp on God,then Im gonna revive it if you like it or not. Im gonna try to set things straight.

Firstly, it's MT's policy for us to not revive old threads, not because we don't want you to revive old threads. Get your facts straight.
Secondly, this thread is none of your business. If you like to preach about your religion that much, then I suggest for you to make your own thread, and enlighten us about your religion. Not hijack a thread that's not related to it and going on and on about it. I came here to see what the atheists think, not to see you telling them that they're wrong.

Quote by kingray100And nothing is superior to God.Your words are so wrong i think im gonna laugh.

That, is your opinion. That is what you believe in. Not everyone agrees with you. Don't go around telling other people that their beliefs are wrong just because you think that yours is correct. It's rude, and intolerant.

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 189 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.