Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion On Submissions.. - Minitokyo

Suggestion On Submissions..

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmm, I have been thinking about the flooding submissions nowadays, and all...
I have a suggestion about how to tackle it...

Why don't you make it a rule that anybody who doesn't give proper credit on their work would get the submissions deleted ? What I mean by proper credit is that you state where you get the scans, and give some explanation on the wall/doujin... This way, maybe people would think twice on submitting something, and credits are given to the respective owner (..etc..) such as for the scans and brushes, etc...

Hmm, ok, maybe this doesnt really help to curb the flooding submissions, but maybe it would help ppl to get the credit they deserved, such as for those who made vectors, etc..
What do you think of this suggestion?

p.s. Thread on giving proper credit can be found here

+edit+
And maybe, as suggested by kyubinaruto, we should limit their submissions...
I suggest to limit it to one wall per day :)

Signature

kyubinaruto

kyubinaruto

The tabibi gang member

can't we limit their submissions?

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by kyubinarutocan't we limit their submissions?

Perhaps in the same way favourites are at the moment?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmm, maybe we should limit to one submission a day for wallpaper >_<

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenHmm, maybe we should limit to one submission a day for wallpaper &gt;_&lt;

Well, I saw this on the Policies...

- Level 1: max 3 submissions every day
- Level 10: max 6 submissions every day, can download scans
- Level 20: no limits on submissions.

But I must say that some things may be consider on changing these...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmmm, I even forgot that those limits existed >_< hehehe... maybe we should revise that..oops, not us I mean, the mods....

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenHmmm, I even forgot that those limits existed &gt;_&lt; hehehe... maybe we should revise that..oops, not us I mean, the mods....

Well, maybe so that we can prevent some flooding on the Galleries... especially the walls.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I think you're idea is very good. Credit is very important and even if we aren't officially allowed to use scans, we need to give at least credit. And some people use to make wallpapers with other people's backgrounds without even asking. If the mods accepted this rule, I'd report everything that's again the rule xD for sure >D

Limiting submissions is also a very good idea. I didn't know it was limited like that, but 1 wallpaper a day would be perfect.

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Quote by chibikkoAnd some people use to make wallpapers with other people's backgrounds without even asking.

This is against the rules right?I thought you can't do this unless you get permission from the one who made the background, and this would be a collab, not your own work

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tareren

Quote by chibikkoAnd some people use to make wallpapers with other people's backgrounds without even asking.

This is against the rules right?I thought you can't do this unless you get permission from the one who made the background, and this would be a collab, not your own work

Yup and that wall will be deleted without prior notice. Oh well, I think 1 sub per day is not good. 2-3 subs may do.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmmm, I think one subs per day for wallpaper only is fine... maybe for doujin and scan the 'level' rule should apply

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenHmmm, I think one subs per day for wallpaper only is fine... maybe for doujin and scan the 'level' rule should apply

Hmm... but still, I don't think that's a good idea. One sub on walls per day? To think what the others may say.

Two subs are fine.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

wait a sec
if i do not submit anythin would i be deleted from member of MT?

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by kumihowait a secif i do not submit anythin would i be deleted from member of MT?

No. To tell you the truth, I submitted none. Your account will still be here but just make it active. Forums may do good for you.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Quote by kumihowait a sec
if i do not submit anythin would i be deleted from member of MT?

Huh ? No... I do not think there is such rule OX

Quote by AkaikenYour account will still be here but just make it active.

Hmm, I think they never delete inactive account too ;)

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tareren

Quote by AkaikenYour account will still be here but just make it active.

Hmm, I think they never delete inactive account too ;)

I know but being active is better than inactive.

And I'm stickin' to two subs per day even though I don't submit walls or anything.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmm, I think two subs (for walls) is too many.. I mean, you couldn't produce a good wall if you do not think it through (a one hr work is not good too I think..)
and even if you happen to 'hold on' to your walls that was done few days ago, you could always submit it the next day ;)

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenHmm, I think two subs (for walls) is too many.. I mean, you couldn't produce a good wall if you do not think it through (a one hr work is not good too I think..)
and even if you happen to 'hold on' to your walls that was done few days ago, you could always submit it the next day ;)

Well, that counts but not all can wait for the next day. You know what I mean...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Haha, yeah, but I still stick on to one wall per week thingy ;)

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by tarerenHaha, yeah, but I still stick on to one wall per week thingy ;)

Okay, since this is an open forum opinions are welcome.

Is it just me or we're the only ones who are talking here?

Hmm... it's not just making the credit people deserves. This may also help MT produce some high quality walls since they'll really work it hard before they submit.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

rene3088

rene3088

call me ai~~

I think it's ok for the new member to submit more than 3, vice versa the modd will delete the poor quality one (^^)

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Quote by rene3088I think it's ok for the new member to submit more than 3, vice versa the modd will delete the poor quality one (^^)

Yeah, but this is making the mods doing all the work...

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by tareren

Quote by rene3088I think it's ok for the new member to submit more than
3, vice versa the modd will delete the poor quality one
(^^)

Yeah, but this is making the mods doing all the work...

Minitokyo has always been swarmed with submissions. I see no real difference. Actually , if you don't want us to make all the work, start to report the crappy walls. I'll delete them gladly.

One thing I feel the need to make clear. every member must follow the rules AND can have his walls deleted. Even mods had sometimes. Maybe someone will read this.. and think.. And there are some precise points listed in the FAQ on how the wallpapers are judged :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I also agree that there will be no real difference even if a limit was further established. There are just too many members here at MT, and as long as submissions are made, the gallery will become flooded. Besides, there is already a rule on giving proper credit, especially for scans. If members don't give credit, just report them. I think I took the words out of Keltosh's mouth. ^_^'

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 28 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.