Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your country. - Minitokyo

Your country.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

michel000

michel000

Reach for paradise, no less.

hi every one,
im curious about other country's so i made a little question list to releave me of my curiousity
i ask of you to answer my question (not a demand ^^;;)
also its good to understand people of an other culture beter =)
ok here we go ^^

-say the name of the country you live in
-describe the average family in your country(jobs, school, friendships)
-what kind of climate do you live in
-are there many big towns or is there not a very high population
-what is the steriotype that people of other country's think you are

well to make an example i will fill it in for myself:
-The Netherlands.
-man who has a desk job, women who does the work at home or works halftime, 2 childeren, 1 on high school and 1 on the elementary school.
-the climate i live in is mostly nice temperatures but sometimes to warm in the summer and a lot of rain.
-the netherlands i fairly high populated but this is mostly concentrated to the northwest.
-the stereotype is that dutch people wear clomps, eat cheese and all live in windmills.(totaly not true, clomps are uncompfortable , i hate cheese and i only 2ce saw a windmill:p)

now its your turn ^^

[center]Signature Image[/center]

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

The Philippines
- Father works at a company owned by Chinoys (Chinese-Filipino), Mother, if not working too, stays home with the young kids, there are 2 kids in high school, 2 at elementary, 2 are already out-of-school youth and are married and 2 are still young but are barely alive
- The climate is tropical, but it hasn't been very good recently. Very hot temperature and very heavy rain are common.
- The Philippines is densely populated and much of the main cities are highly commercial.
- Filipinos are all farmers. And that is absolutely false, the Philippines is one of Asia's leading commercial regions.

Signature

michel000

michel000

we have a start here
wow 8 childeren? i wouldnt like thats if i was 1 of then...
hot and a lot of moist in the air (dunno how to call it ^^;;) is not very nice for a person to live in...
i actualy dont know many stereotypes of other countrys :p
belgium-quality above looks
germany-bratwurst und bier
UK-butler called james
US-instant satisfaction
ty for the reply ^^

Canada
-family are usually 2 adults and 2 kids, there are over 10 elementaries in my school district, 2 middle schools and 1 high school (might be more i don't know). Both parents work anywhere
-the climate is medditeranean, hotish summers, coldish winters.
-Iny my area I know of at least 3 cities, close by maybe four, there all pretty big too
-THe we live in igloo's(sp?). We live in houses just like the rest of you.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

-America
-Single parent, one to three kids, all fairly close in age. Company job, working behind computer screen all day, mid level sort of job. living on credit cards and juggling bills.
-well I live in North Carolina, on the coast. So it's muggy hot in the summer and cold in the winter. We actually have like all 4 seasons, which is nice.
-There are lots of big cities on the coasts and then smaller inbetween. I would say on a whole there is atleast one decently large city in each state.
-Americans all rich assholes who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. We all support or president and think we are the best thing out there next to sliced bread.

This is entirely not true. Alot of American's do NOT support Bush or the war. We are not rich, most American's your average joe is living almost paycheck to paycheck. Most of us don't think we are so great, but we do mostly take pride in ourselves. There's a difference.

"I shall call him 'Squishy,' and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy." - [Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) from Finding Nemo]

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

*Singapore
*Father, mother, two kids (five-seven kids if you are Malay, I guess..)
*School would be til Polytechnic (Diploma) or University
*Job would be office job
*Tropical climate, very hot and humid
*Well, Singapore has lotsa malls and shopping place, as well as having a big business center at CBD there..
*Ppl stereotype Singaporean as Asian ppl who are very Chinese-y.. this is not true, as the primary language here is English now...and I think most of them thought Singaporean is just another Asian city, but it is as developed as HK, and not as populated

Signature

michel000

michel000

oohh lol already 2 ppl from singapore XD
a bit diferent vision of there country but i gues they live in other regions of it
(also i have no friggin idea where it is xcept that it is located in asia :p (lol)
any dutch ppl btw?

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Well canada
but...
-2 parent 2 kind, (we have about 16 elementary and 8 highschools)
-Weather: moderate, not too hot in summer and not to cold in winter (maybe because I live in Vancouver)
-Well around where I live, It is basically a bunch of cities, that is generally grouped by others call vancouver. It is the most populated city in northwest part of North America.
-

Quote by kenkaze-THe we live in igloo's(sp?). We live in houses just like the rest of you.

Signature

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

- Belgium
- Father, mother, 2 or 3 kids ( but we have exceptions: largest Belgian family has 14 kids)
- Job: mostly office jobs
- The climate is like in The Netherlands. (Duh, we are neighbours ... hahaha ^^ )
That means a lot of rain
- Well, Belgium has some big city's. (Brussel, Antwerpen, Gent, Leuven, Brugge, ...)
But most city's and villages are not to big.
- People always see us a big eaters with fat stomachs because of all the beer we drink. They
also say we're very bad drivers. But not all is bad. We also seem to be very nice people.

Signature Image

ShinoMatrix

ShinoMatrix

to infinity and beyond

Australia

Typical 2.75 kids per family. It used to be 2.5 actually, but I guess people are wanting more parts of children these days :p

Jobs wise, well, it's an industrialised country so there are the trades people, the factory workers, the office people and there's the expert professionals. School's are fun, friends are plentiful and generally a very welcoming place to be in.

Climate is temperate, but I live in Melbourne which means labels don't really have a meaning. The weatherman may predict sunny weather for the following day but don't be surprised to see wind, hail, heat waves, rain and maybe fog all one after the other. It's fun! Melbourne was voted most Liveable City in the world actually but it scored fairly low on the weather chart.

I'm a suburban boy, but of course, the city (about 40 minutes drive) offers the hustle and bustle of cosmopolitan living. There's a lot to do, and people live by schedules, and I sometimes get sick of the busy lifestyle... I really enjoyed it when I went to the Philippines to visit relatives and lived for a few weeks a life of simplicity in the farm.

Stereotype huh? Yeah, I'll say it now... convicts... do not roam the streets. Heritage wise, in early days, of course they did exist and some of the heroes of the outback were from these generations. But the civilised life in Australia today is so far from that, and I can honestly feel safe in the streets of my city.

Yeah, that's it... I love Australia :D

Signature Image

michel000

michel000

ha a belgian neighbour!
big eaters>> never heard of that
but the part that the'rre mostly nice is true ^^
i go to school in belgium (maaseik)
en daar zitten een hele hoop van die relaxte mannekes :p
erm.. sorry for the ppl who cant read that :p

oohh australia
i want to go there on vacation someday
my parents have been there and they said that there were a lot of dutch ppl there >>
founds like a fun climate :p

lammo

lammo

UK ... London
- Mum and dad both work ... one owns take away, one works as a cashier, me and bro (leaving for uni soon)
-climate changes 24/7 ... raining one day and burning the next lol
-quite populated ....
-steriotype is that .... errm .... yea no sure reli :P

michel000

michel000

yeey another neighbour !
well if you dont count the fish ^^
leaving to ? US? why?
stereotype i think would be cocky ppl with butlers XP

lysodren

lysodren

Elli

so here comes germany:

- like in most other countries: parents (father, mother), maybe 1-3 children (2 high school, one kindergarten), parents should both work but often they don't have work, especially in some regions in the ex-DDR the unemployment increases, as a matter of principle many people can't afford to have children (because our government hardly supports families with children) but mostly the social weak families have the most kids, many women become their first child at the age of 25 or 30 (first career, then children), our population becomes older because to less children are born today

- our climate is moderate (warm summer up to 30-35 degree but often precipitation, cold winter, sometimes -10 degree)

- yes I think we have a high population ( ca. 88 million citizens) and also some big towns like Muenchen, Koeln, Hamburg and of course berlin (I love this town), but the highest population rate we have in the midwest, in the federal state Nordrhein-Westfalen. The so called "Ruhrpott" is a overcrowd region consisting of many big towns like Duesseldorf, Dortmund, Duisburg, Essen and so on

- you almost said it: "bratwurst and beer", but no not all germans are bavarians and eat things like "Weisswurst", oh it's a difficult question for a german to say what other people could think of germans, better I say what I think of germans: they are accurate, precise, tidy, disciplined, a bit to unspontaneus and repressed, and we (mainly the younger generation) don't know what it means to be proud of our own nation

so thats it (and I love our highways, mostly no speed limits)

REAL DOCTORS TREAT MORE THAN ONE SPECIES!

Unfertig kommen wir auf die Welt und werden dann fertig gemacht.

moonbaby

moonbaby

<3 SOCCER

Quote by kenkazeCanada
-family are usually 2 adults and 2 kids, there are over 10 elementaries in my school district, 2 middle schools and 1 high school (might be more i don't know). Both parents work anywhere
-Iny my area I know of at least 3 cities, close by maybe four, there all pretty big too
-THe we live in igloo's(sp?). We live in houses just like the rest of you.

Yups same for me ^_^ .....

.... Yeaaaaaa... The Soccer Season Has Finally Started!!!
.... <3 My New Friends...
.... <3 M&M's... :D

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

New Zealand :)
*Well most people in here have 2-3 children and the kiwis are really friendly. most people are employed and school is really cool. you get to meet new friends and NZ has different people in it, i mean different ethnicities like Pacific Islanders-Fijians Samoans, Indians, Asians-Koreans, chinese,Pilipinos, Europeans, Maoris and heaps more.
*the climate has 4 seasons and we are currently in spring waiting for the summer. In the northern island, it doesnt snow during winter but it does in the south island.
*the populations is small compared to other countries. there are 4,035,461 estiamated people in July 2005. you guys might have heard of sky city in auckland.
*uhmm for the stereotype part, i actually dont know.maybe if someone knows maybe they could fill it up.
well thats all. one more thing, products like cellphones or any technology devices markets late in here cuz its in the other side of the world. :sweat:

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

-Singapore
-Er dad and mom working deskjobs and 2 kids one is secondary sch one is primary
-warm climate bout 25-33 degrees C
-Singapore is a small country so er its pretty urbanised theres the city area and the area with housing n stuff
-Er hmm i duno actually...whats the sterotype for asians??? lol

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

Brazil
-Usually parents and a couple of siblings, both father and mother work, usually... usually maids to take care of the house, since others are too busy to do it XD
-It's damn hot and if the temperature comes even close to like 10 celsius we freeze.
-Not too many big towns, but we have the biggest town in South America, and a fairly large population. 5th biggest country in the world in territory extension, so~
-Oh, they think we're savages. But then that's the stereotype for every south american and african person in the book.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

-Philippines
-most Filipinos are working in office, Lots of public schools than private
-tropical climate, usually hot weather
-The cities in my country are very populated than provinces
-They think Filipinos are only servants or farmers T_T well... they are wrong :hmpf:

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Quote by moonbaby

Quote by kenkazeCanada
-family are usually 2 adults and 2 kids, there are over 10 elementaries
in my school district, 2 middle schools and 1 high school (might be
more i don't know). Both parents work anywhere
-Iny my area I know of at least 3 cities, close by maybe four, there
all pretty big too
-THe we live in igloo's(sp?). We live in houses just like the rest of
you.

Yups same for me ^_^ .....

Bring out the electric underwear.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

well heres mine:

country - australia
description:
well i live in a suburb 30 minute drive away from sydney. the place i live in is pretty peaceful until midnight onwards to 5am. during this time drunks roam the suburb XD.
average job i guess would be labour work around here, like electrician, plumber etc.
my parents work in a resturant and i work part time as a martial arts instructor.
most of my friends work as well, alot of people around my area attend highschool.
my friends and i pass time by spar (fighting each other using martial arts) and hanging around arcades and parks.

michel000

michel000

Quote by kawaiikiyomi *Well most people in here have 2-3 children and the
kiwis are really friendly.

oohh i really want to meet some friendly kiwi's >.>
XD

oohh many country's already!

Quote by Mizuna
Bring out the electric underwear.

LOL!
AAHHH!!!! electric shock on the balls! (oops underaged ppl around? [i am :p])

kinoko-san

kinoko-san

snow and winter~~

Me...
-Indonesia... ^_^'
-Mother is a housewife and father still working^^ only have 1 sister
-climate is very bad here...very hot in dry season and heavy rain in rainy season...
-i'm just a junior high school student
-many big towns and have extremely high population(especially in jakarta,the capital city)
x_x
-steriotype...if chinese(i'm chinese),mostly hardworking.If indonesian,mostly they like to corrupt money
^_^'

singapore
8ppl in my family
hot weather whole season
small country
fine country

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 40 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.