Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your country. - Minitokyo

Your country.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 40 total items

Zero-Ultimate

Zero-Ultimate

Strike Freedom

Quote by michel000hi every one,
im curious about other country's so i made a little question list to
releave me of my curiousity
i ask of you to answer my question (not a demand ^^;;)
also its good to understand people of an other culture beter =)
ok here we go ^^
-say the name of the country you live in
-describe the average family in your country(jobs, school, friendships)
-what kind of climate do you live in
-are there many big towns or is there not a very high population
-what is the steriotype that people of other country's think you are
well to make an example i will fill it in for myself:
-The Netherlands.
-man who has a desk job, women who does the work at home or works
halftime, 2 childeren, 1 on high school and 1 on the elementary school.
-the climate i live in is mostly nice temperatures but sometimes to
warm in the summer and a lot of rain.
-the netherlands i fairly high populated but this is mostly
concentrated to the northwest.
-the stereotype is that dutch people wear clomps, eat cheese and all
live in windmills.(totaly not true, clomps are uncompfortable , i hate
cheese and i only 2ce saw a windmill:p)
now its your turn ^^

lol looks like we are the only one from The Netherlands^^

Sit upon the frozen heavens
DAI GUREN HYOURINMARU
Signature Image

michel000

michel000

Reach for paradise, no less.

ya!!!
hoi :p
welke provincie?
ikke limburg

[center]Signature Image[/center]

Austrailia! The weather can get pretty wierd down here!

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Malaysia (a.k.a. M'sia)...
*Usually, 2 adults, and no. of children can range from 1 to more than 5 [this includes those who live in town and kampung (villages)]. The men in town either have white collar or blue collar jobs, while most women nowadays work full-time. However, in kampung, the men works outside while the women would either work part-time or stay at home. Most children, of course, go to school - primary schools, secondary schools, vocational schools, colleges or even universities. Many parents would rather put their children in private colleges (including me!) if they can afford, else they go to public ones.

*The climate here is "panas dan lembap sepanjang tahun", which means (from my not-so-good Malay translation) "hot and wet all year round". Malaysia is situated close to the equatorial line, so it's hot for most of the year. If it rains, either light or heavy (get it?). Rain is normally expected during the monsoon season. Unfortunately, no 4 seasons :sweat: .

*The ever so popular city here is Kuala Lumpur (a.k.a. KL). I would say it's the most well-developed city so far in M'sia. Basically, there aren't many big cities, but there are big towns. In terms of population, most capital cities in most states have high in population. However, mostly concerntrated in West Malaysia (the Peninsula).

*Well, I can't really say for Malaysia generally, but people (even West Malaysians) think people from Sabah and Sarawak live on trees or walk to places...in other words, Sabah and Sarawak are considered UNdeveloped. This is absolutely NOT true, because Sabah and Sarawak have vehicles, roads, houses (semi-detached, terrace, you name it!), etc. My friends who study outside Sarawak were asked of those kinds of questions. C'mon, everyone! Quit that kind of thinking already OX .

Movin'...

LadyKitana

LadyKitana

Princess K

I live in Canada!
Average family? well usually mother father kids lol. i have 3 sisters younger, an older brother, and i live with my mom and dad. plus i have two kittens and a hamster lol
It can very either very hot in summer or very cold in winter, sometimes it has those "just right" days, but right now its really hot
There are many big towns and cites. people come from all over the world and recide here,
They think we always say "Eh" after every sentence! i hate when i say im from canada and they say "ohh , that place where everyone says "Hi eh" or"how are you doing eh"
lol :sweat: ^_^'

Signature

No one lives forever, But when I'm with you i feel immortal

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

Quote by michel000

Quote by kawaiikiyomi *Well most people in here have 2-3 children and the
kiwis are really friendly.

oohh i really want to meet some friendly kiwi's >.>XD

AAHHH!!!! electric shock on the balls! (oops underaged ppl around? [i am :p])

heya! ill add you to my friendlist. im guessing im the only kiwi around here. i havent meet anyone yet.hmm....wonder whea they are. all the countries are really interesting. nice thread by the way.

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

ShinoMatrix

ShinoMatrix

to infinity and beyond

Quote by kawaiikiyomi*uhmm for the stereotype part, i actually dont know.maybe if someone
knows maybe they could fill it up.
well thats all. one more thing, products like cellphones or any
technology devices markets late in here cuz its in the other side of
the world. :sweat:

Stereotype... sheep... need I say more :P (j/k)

Signature Image

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

The Philippines
-average members of the family: about 4, my mom and dad are business people
-tropical climate, sometimes sunny but today there's a storm goin' on.
-many urban areas in Manila (the capital of the Philippines), many tourists spots all over Philippines, many people yup, thousands! :D
-Hmm... ~_~

Quote by jakulitoFilipinos are all farmers. And that is absolutely false, the Philippines is one of Asia's leading commercial regions.

Yeah that ain't true! We're not all farmers. Some are very succesful in terms of technology, marketing, own-products, pasalubong (specialties of a certain region in the Philippines), etc....

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Just for the record, yes, all of us Canadians do live in igloos.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

Sanzo-kun

Sanzo-kun

Masafumi Gotou

-say the name of the country you live in: Philippines

-describe the average family in your country(jobs, school, friendships):
. Most Filipinos work in office. Some Filipinos are teachers... But we still need teachers..
. Most students are in public schools than in private.

-what kind of climate do you live in: tropical (two seasons only)

-are there many big towns or is there not a very high population:
.There are many cities here in the Philippines. Quezon city, Manila, Cebu, etc...

-what is the stereotype that people of other country's think you are:
They think that Filipinos are servants. But actually they are not.... >_< I really hate this...
I want this to be changed... But that will take a long time.

Anyway, I still hope that our country will develop.

michel000

michel000

Quote by MizunaJust for the record, yes, all of us Canadians do live in igloos.

I knew it!!!

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Costa Rica
Man with desk job, woman work out the house, usually three kids and one or two dogs.
The climate is so nice, we have 2 stations (summer and winter)
The popullation is small (4,000.000) we speak spanish and ohter languages like english and in my case a little japanese.
For the stereotype, some people in Central America said that the costarricans are very greed, presumptuous and hard to handle, but that is no true

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

michel000

michel000

Quote by RedimerCosta Rica
Man with desk job, woman work out the house, usually three kids and one
or two dogs..

For the stereotype, some people in Central America said that the
costarricans are very greed, presumptuous and hard to handle, but that
is no true

is it a standart to have 1 or 2 dogs? thats kinda lol ^^
i'dd rather say thaat the americans are greedy and so on
*evil american-taunting laughter* j/k XD

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

South Africa

Weeeeell, it differs, we have a huge class gap between middle class and lower class. They say that 20% of our population has aids, although I have only ever met one person and that guy gave us a speech on it while I was a sophmore in high school 9 years ago. anyway, the middle class have your average office jobs, but there's a growing number of private entrepreneurs (spelling?) arising due to all the affirmitave action since '94.
Culturally rich and politically tense, dear ol' SA

Mediterranean, ie, warm, dry summer, cold, wet, winter. Although the seasons seems to be shifting. Winters are becoming dryer and summers longer.

Our biggest city, Johannesburg, numbers (I thinik) probably around 2-3 milion people. Other cities are mostly a few hundrd thousand, but mostly we have a lot of small towns.

Recently I toured with a group through Turkey and Greece, and for some reason nobody in those contries wanted to believe that we were from South Africa, since we're not black. As far as I know our Apartheid past still haunts us overseas, but since we have our 2nd deomcratically elected president everything's soposed to be dandy ~_~

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Quote by moonbaby

Quote by kenkazeCanada
-family are usually 2 adults and 2 kids, there are over 10 elementaries in my school district, 2 middle schools and 1 high school (might be more i don't know). Both parents work anywhere
-the climate is medditeranean, hotish summers, coldish winters.
-Iny my area I know of at least 3 cities, close by maybe four, there all pretty big too
-THe we live in igloo's(sp?). We live in houses just like the rest of you.

Yups same for me ^_^ .....

I live in a smaller community but this is pretty close, ppl don't belive me that its 30 degres celcus (80f ibelive or more) and i talk to alot of americans on the phones at work and get asked silly questions like is it cold how far north are u and stuff. Even tho i live above main almost lol - and belive it or not i asked a few ppl what they think i was gonna do after i leave high school last year most said i was gonna go into construction or some heavy labor job lol

WaCa

WaCa

Solitaire soul...

Well i dont know if im the first one but here it goes:

Canary Islands (Spain)

Average family: from 1-2 kids. dad works at office mum teacher. In my case 2 lower school me in last senior school years

Climate: Awesome, all year warm or hot, never very cold. Plenty on beaches here so its good also :D

Towns: wtf its an siland but yes, some of big towns but i think they cant be compared to those in USA or Mainlands

Stereotype: Well i dont know what people think about spanish people or spanish guys but i think that we are very much normal and we try to look good to other peoples eyes.

think thats all.... ;)

Signature Image

Proud administrator of the AnimeMangaLovers group!
Bleach-Central proud member!

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 40 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.