Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Sil Mi Do - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 9 total items

finally after being on the waiting list for two weeks at a local rental store and literally waiting over a year for this movie to come out, I finally got a chance to see it today. hmm so the question is does it live up to the intense hype and anticipation recieved from Korea? and does the fact that it is the 2nd most expensive and highest grossing film in Korea show? it did imo, but not cause the movie was well made, actually to be quite honest, it wasnt made very well at all. It did enough to get the message across and show everyone the true happenings of the tragic events of Silmido. dont get me wrong, it wasnt horribly done cause i still loved it. and damn the story it had to tell was some god damn powerful stuff. I havent felt such emotional high from a movie since Last Samurai.
Okay now, if anyone hasnt heard of this movie, its a Korean movie as stated before and is based on true events during the Cold War. Basically sometime in the late 60s North Korea tried assasinating the South Korean President but failed, so in response the South Korean Govt came up with a plan in secret, essentially gather a bunch on people on deathrow, convicts, and other social outcasts and then brutally train them to assasinate the North Korean President, with the promise that they would be treated as heroes and given a 2nd chance at life if they were to succeed. But sadly, right when they they are about to carry out the mission, it gets canceled and are called back to face two years of waiting until an order from up above comes, which is essentially to kill them off, and cover the whole incident up. Essentially think Dirty Dozen gone wrong except it really happened.
The story is very tragic and is a must see especially for those of Korean heritage, this movie basically revealed the true story of what happened which had not been known until now by the one of the incident's only survivors.
well anyways, for anyone who got a chance to see it, what did you think of it?

Haven't seen the movie, looks interesting and I will try to find it. But the theme of using prisoners to do your nations dirty work is quite good thinking. In fact if you ever read the Blade of the Immortal comics they do just that exact same thing. Hopefully I will be able to find this movie as it sounds very good!

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

OoO...looks like a good movie...is it in korean? cuz i wanna understand it too haha

the movie is indeed in korean but the DVD comes with english subs which is what i watched so i can say the subs were pretty good. though you need a region free player to play it. also i dont think i explained the story clearly enough, the people who were talked into goin to Silmido island to take this mission were tricked and betrayed. they were promised to be given a new life and a 2nd chance to live honestly but instead the govt erased their identities, never let them fulfill their mission and were all finally killed off branded as communist guerillas. Only recently has the truth been uncovered because of the movie.

Sh0rT0nE

Ecchi King XD

me wants to seeeeeeee...will check if i can find it

BoneyCork

BoneyCork

Oshibori

Ill check it out.

£14.97 for 3 DVDs = ^_^

Signature

Bored? Read this.
Ok now find something else to do.

Sounds Fantastic!! I love true story stuff it just always has more than just a regular movie
You know what i mean? cause i cant exactly explain it,
I really am going to find this movie and see it as soon asap
Thanx

glad to hear that, if anyone wants to know where to find it you can get the dvd off of yesasia. im not sure if there is a dvdrip floating around on the net

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Even if I am Korean,... I haven't really bothered... *^^*
Might see it later... who knows??

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.