Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 17 year old kills 14 year old after playing Manhunt - Minitokyo

17 year old kills 14 year old after playing Manhunt

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/3934277.stm

that's the link
I'd like to hear about people's opinion about this, although it is bound to have been discussed before.

my opinion: kids with the age of 17 shouldn't even be playing games that are rated as 18+. this guy obviously had some sort of problem, not to mention the parents, cause they let him buy the game!

I don't believe that all video games rated 18+ should be exclusive to that age group. They have different levels of rating things just like with movies, but I don't believe those should be taken so seriously -- they are more of a guidline to show what level a certain thing is at. The fact is I wouldn't blame the game for that incident. I blame the kid. For a kid to murder someone, it takes a lot more than the influence of a video game -- that kid was probably screwed up long before he ever played that video game.

That sounds like the guy who killed his mum after watching NGE. >_<

Quote by Choy-kun-- that kid was probably screwed up long before he ever played that video game.

I agree.

SENTRIONIC

SENTRIONIC

Color-Monk

mature behavior doesn't depend on age. a person at age 30 with problems can also kill someone after playing a
bloody shooter game.

-live your life the sentrionic way-
Signature

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Quote by SENTRIONICmature behavior doesn't depend on age. a person at age 30 with problems can also kill someone after playing a
bloody shooter game.

I totally agree on that. it's like Choy-kun said:

Quote by Choy-kunI blame the kid

ludoman

ludoman

Hentai Seeker

Those ppl that do this already have some bad intent but excuse themselves with videogames!
These kids just don't know the bad from the good, or are just stupid!
How can a friend kill another friend?? It's madness!
Bye

free yourself from hate
and don't die all alone
else one day you'll break
and you won't stop till the last bone!

If you're crazy before playing a game, playing the game isn't going to make you more sane or crazier. Regardless if he played the game or not, he was a bad egg and woulda gone off and killed someone eventually no matter what. Blame whatever you like but some people are just plain fucking nuts! Sorry for 'cursing' but its the simple truth.

EDIT- Manhunt is also a terribly crappy looking game. Perhaps he was so frustrated with playing a horrible game that it drove his weak impressionable mind to commit such abloody act of violence....
Do you honestly think banning a game or a genre of games is going to solve all of humanites problems? When I play Mars Matrix it doesn't make me pilot a jet and stop an uprising on Mars! When I play Guilty Gear X2 it doesn't make me get possessed by a ghostly spirit and attack people with 3 giant centipedes! When I play Tekken it doesn't make me wave dash back and forth like a crackhead dodging imaginary bullets! C'mon people get with it, stop blaming something and take some responsibility for what you do!!!!

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

I just think that the games aren't responsible for that. It's only a stupid excuse, 'cause at that age (17 years old) people know what they do, the boy wasn't a child, so...... and we see more violent stuff at the television, not to mention, sometimes, at home......

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

i think theyre using the videogames as a scapegoat, like otheres said maturity doesnt come with age and the boy was probably screwed up before he even heard of a ps2, if anything they should look into the neglect of the parents as a probaly cause, sheesh

toonleap

toonleap

Just a Waller

First time I ever heard of that game....but as I see, that game seems pretty violent...I play quake, doom, etc, but those are staged in fictional worlds, in fictional circunstances...When people play that kind of games, they should know that they are playing something not real, and not to take seriously....if kids plays those kind of games, they should be guided by their parents and tell them...thats not real...guess the actions taken by people depends on themselves and not directly on games....

Not sure if I am talking non sense, but thats my opinion.... :\

Signature
Visit my Gallery, make a comment, fav it if you like it and best of all, Download it! Enjoy!
Unete a Hispanime Other groups I joined: Anime Club, MT Singles Club, ::Simple-ism::,
::Mai-Hime-fans::

kino

kino

tabibito

Quote by bucket-shotThat sounds like the guy who killed his mum after watching NGE.
&gt;_&lt;

Quote by Choy-kun-- that kid was probably screwed up long
before he ever played that video game.

I agree.

ooo that really happened? first time i heard of it >_<; that's sick.......

Signature Image

niXan

l337

Games don't kill. Weapons do. And only f***ed up people kill.

w0rd

zephiris26

zephiris26

Vector Addict [TM]

Quote by bucket-shotThat sounds like the guy who killed his mum after watching NGE.

Oh, I never heard of that one before...
Yeah, the easiest and most unintelligent way out is for them to blame manhunt.

Quote by drunkenmunkeei think theyre using the videogames as a scapegoat, like otheres said maturity doesnt come with age and the boy was probably screwed up before he even heard of a ps2, if anything they should look into the neglect of the parents as a probaly cause, sheesh

Exactly >.<

liegenschonheit

liegenschonheit

Fatally Yours

There have been media scapegoats for violent juvenile behaviour for years. In the 70s it was comic books, 80s it was music, 90s they said TV was responsible, and now they've turned on videogames. Some children have violent tendencies because of their innate personalities and because of their environmental factors. Seeing or enacting violence in a videogame setting could be a trigger for violent actions, however if a child (or adult) has these tendencies then there are many factors that could set them off. I think it is the responsibility of the parent to recognise the signs and get help for their child before they hurt anyone or themselves, and using videogames as a scapegoat isnt helping the problem at all.
However, the game genre, Rockstar in particular, isn't really helping their image. Rockstar routinely makes the most violent and bloody games possible, which then have blanket advertising on networks and timeframes when children are most likely to be watching. These games are rated M, and it is up to the parent to decide whether or not their kid can play, but I think some of these games go too far to be advertised for alongside cartoons aimed at young children.
Sorry to get off on a tangent for a bit there, the bottom line is that the responsibility of these actions lies on the child, though at 17 he is old enough to be tried as an adult.

FallenAngel

FallenAngel

dead 12/28/08

To the people who haven't heard of the evangelion murder, I found the link. [Link]

I think the whole thing is wack. For one, they shouldn't be anyone under age playing games like that unless they are the exception, like me. I play Manhunt, but I'm mature ebough to know not to believe what i see in a game. If parents know that there children aren't mature ebough to handle content of the such, then they obviously shouldn't let there kids buy it :)

If beauty is only skin deep, get the best skin XD

Like others have said, it wasn't the fault of the video game, but the kid's own problems that were probably unknown, poorly treated, or not treated even tho' known. It is sad when kids kill other kids, but blaming a video game isn't the way to go. It's a good scapegoat for parents sometimes, so it seems.. blame it on someone/something else.

-- Mishkali

skunkie

skunkie

discipline whore

Quote by liegenschonheitThere have been media scapegoats for violent juvenile behaviour for years. In the 70s it was comic books, 80s it was music, 90s they said TV was responsible, and now they've turned on videogames. Some children have violent tendencies because of their innate personalities and because of their environmental factors. Seeing or enacting violence in a videogame setting could be a trigger for violent actions, however if a child (or adult) has these tendencies then there are many factors that could set them off. I think it is the responsibility of the parent to recognise the signs and get help for their child before they hurt anyone or themselves, and using videogames as a scapegoat isnt helping the problem at all.
However, the game genre, Rockstar in particular, isn't really helping their image. Rockstar routinely makes the most violent and bloody games possible, which then have blanket advertising on networks and timeframes when children are most likely to be watching. These games are rated M, and it is up to the parent to decide whether or not their kid can play, but I think some of these games go too far to be advertised for alongside cartoons aimed at young children.
Sorry to get off on a tangent for a bit there, the bottom line is that the responsibility of these actions lies on the child, though at 17 he is old enough to be tried as an adult.

Those words above, were taken out of my mouth.

i agree entirely 100% with liegenschonheit. Your right on.

Signature

discipline: it's a good thing.

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

saki's .. going .. to lock ... the door now ..

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Quote by shyxsakurasaki's .. going .. to lock ... the door now ..

lock the door?? what do you mean saki-chan?

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

^-^

making sure the door is locked ... in my house ...
so ppl like them dont come in and come after me ..

saki's just scared and shocked ...

why would anyone kiill someone? why? ... saki doesnt understand ..

*walks away*

Gamefish

Gamefish

Sashimi-san

Quote by shyxsakura^-^ making sure the door is locked ... in my house ...
so ppl like them dont come in and come after me ..
saki's just scared and shocked ...
why would anyone kiill someone? why? ... saki doesnt understand ..*walks away*

neither do I saki, and afterwards blaming it on a game, that just has to be the lamest thing someone can think of... I mean, example: when I'm really good at Sim City, you won't see me running for mayor now do ya? :S this 17 year old kid was already crazy before he ever played Manhunt.. besides the gamecover clearly states on the back that it's a game for people OVER 18... and not under that age..... some crazy people just don't understand..

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I never heard of the game before, but it sounds pretty gruesome....I mean, what is the point of a game like that....it's bone-chilling...Anyway, I don't think that in spite of that, people should blame the game...If that boy couldn't tell reality from fiction than yes, he had a problem.

Signature Image

This has already been said.

People need to stop blaming things (movies, games, etc) for there actions. I hate it when this happens because while video games may have a very very minor influence, they don't have enough for someone to commit murder or we'd be seeing a lot more murders then there are. I think this whole thing is bullshit and people want soemthing to blame when things go wrong instead of taking the blame. I think its al ot more likely that this is caused by bad parenting or countelss other things that have a lot more influnece then video games.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.