Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 17 year old kills 14 year old after playing Manhunt - Minitokyo

17 year old kills 14 year old after playing Manhunt

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

itsDchlorine

itsDchlorine

The Yin & The Yang

Quote by SENTRIONICmature behavior doesn't depend on age. a person at age 30 with problems can also kill someone after playing a
bloody shooter game.

I totally agree ppl shouldnt be judged to be mature by their age i have friedns who still act like 8 year olds, you cant really tell who's crazy and who's sane cuz that basically impossible now, it was jsut one incident in 6.9 billion people thats nothing compared to a world war where ppl are knowingly be put in harms way. It was jsut one incident that doesnt mean all 17 year old gusy who play this game is going to kill all the 14 year olds. Age doesnt make maturity it is more effected by the enviroment they grew up in.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

OH dude thats just wrong...

Signature Image

Gojira2K

King of the Monsters

Its a shame stupidity isn't illegal. Video games aren't to blame, idiots are. Simple as that. My saw my first R rated movie at the age of 4 and I've grown up a lot on Doom 2, but I'm one of the nicest people you can find. Although, I have zero tollerance for a lot, if not all, of illegal things and believe prisons shouldn't really be around. Only gallows or iron maidens and the various other torturing mechanisms and so forth. Game and movie ratings should go something like "__ intelligence or more to view/play this movie/game." Age has nothing to do with it. I say hang Warran! Dont even bother dropping him, just let him hang till he dies! (I know, doesn't sound very nice, but, like I said, I have zero tollerance for a lot, if not all, illegal things.)

Signature
The King of the Monsters

I agree with you , Gojira2K , in that game and movie ratings should not be based on age . Age is at best a poor indicator of the required maturity to view such materials .

that dude is so stupid that make that game take control over him
ahh , I've seen 40++ yrs ppl still act like a kid , age doesn't matter

now, this is dumb....that dude seriously got a problem

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/manhunt/news_6104067.html

This article is interesting. It adds on to the story by pointing out that the game was actually found in the *victim's* bedroom. Sooooo, it sounds like, yes, the murderer may have played the game a lot, but he wasn't the one to *own* it. The 14 yr old victim did, raising questions of who got it for him and how did his parents not know about it?

Knives

Knives

Sleepy

heck that kid is F**ked up! jees i feel bad for him...i wonder how many points he would of got for that...

Parents let their children get away with so much these days, there to busy spoiling them rotten. It annoys me so much cause they dont care.

UndyingShadow

UndyingShadow

Snake Eater

it's a sad world we live in.

Signature Image

Limality

Limality

Sleeping Beast

blaming such things on games i pretty lame. its just another way not to take the responsibility for what has happened...i agree with undying shadow... kono minikukumo utsukushii sekai....

Nobuyushi

( ^_^')

They shouldn't blame video games for horrible acts. People should play video games with a clear mind, knowing the boundaries between right and wrong.

"This is the purpose of living for those who have no life" -A.D.A. Z.O.E.

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

dam! o.o!!! that is messed up -_-

giving it all away...

croquis

Minitokyo.Lover

i think kids 17 years old could play 18+ games but there must have been soemthing wrong with him if he doesn't know that if you stab someone people dies and that games are not real

thegunblademaster

thegunblademaster

Nine Is God

Quote by misl3dI just think that the games aren't responsible for that. It's only a stupid excuse, 'cause at that age (17 years old) people know what they do, the boy wasn't a child, so...... and we see more violent stuff at the television, not to mention, sometimes, at home......

yeah i can't stand that cause that leads to real good games getting removed from the shelves I also can't stand seeing kids like 9 or 10 that have games like vice city *clenches fist*

Quote by niXanGames don't kill. Weapons do. And only f***ed up people kill.

oh yeah big time that's why they are serving life and i'm chatting with cool people

Signature Image

Sesshoumaru-sama

Sesshoumaru-sama

Demon Lord

Whoa, too many repitions of thoughts...
Should I try to defend under dog or say what I'm thinking?

^_^ Just kidding

¬_¬ I think it's not the video game's fault. A classic scapegoat blame like this one is just one of the many methods the irrational human society devise to accept tragic things... So to all the people out there "concerned" about the correlation between teen violence and violent media, I say "#$#@% you, figure out your own damn faults before you start blaming others."

The borders of this world, I wish to shatter them all...

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

What's pathetic about this is that the deed was supposedly related to such a poor game.

Archenius

clover

well actually I blame on the advertisement and marketing of the game. The advertisement of games such as these games (blood thrill etc etc) gives an image of "cool" and " great " to the actor who played this game (the player) so that the game will be selling. This action of the advertising may have caused a change in the society (it IS, you've heard about the marketing power haven't you) and then the kid started to feel that it is a bit of rationalistic to do or to copy the action that they played in the game because it looks sooo damn cool!!!
anyway what happened is the past, let's hope it will not happen again in the future

(I suppose blaming the media is not totally wrong, since the medias are the ones "sending" the advertisements to kids and society)

Thats Really sad but BAn Violate Video Games??? I blame the Parent for the kid's "InherateLy Evil" Behavior
and not teaching him enough

there had a massive discussion about this on talk sport radio (for anyone that lives in the UK and stays up till 5am .lol.) but if video games makes people do this kind of stuff, then would we see people pick-pocketing after playing mario sunshine ? :\

Deathstrike

~Colors~

Really sad that such a tragedy happened. I'm really concerned about the people playing games and actually imitating them in real life. It's really sad to think that many people play games without knowing common sense of what is right and wrong. People always need scapegoats and it's really sad that gaming companies have to take the blame for everything when clearly there were other greater causes for such behavior. I don't understand why the parents won't take responsibility in what there child does and admit it could partly be their faults instead of hiding from the truth.

Kevorkian

The Worst

The NRA has a saying, Guns dont kill people. People kill people. The same applies to video games, movies, tv shows, animation. If only people would get that fact into their heads. Im not condoning the NRA, but in this they are right.

athiest, faceless, ageless, shapeless, mind elevates into states i'm weightless, spines shake when they in the wake of greatness

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.