Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The legendary kinds show Power Rangers! - Minitokyo

The legendary kinds show Power Rangers!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

I remember the first episode of power rangers i was 7 years old and when i saw their Zords i just fell in love with the series. When everybody started watchin it we all talked about it all day long and fighting who will be what ranger... It was such a thrill...
But now when i look at it its funny... The actors are not acting right (u can see that they are actually acting and not the real characters in the series) the costumes are wierd and you can see the monsters are guys in puppet suites... But still i like to watch just to remember the old days... But i dont know when they are broadcasted on tv...
I just remembered the Power Rangers and wanted to know your oppinion about this legendary kids show... :)

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

laurent

laurent

..:: Kuro ::..

Yeah, I also remember when I was about the same age (7/8 years old) I also was a huge fan of it. I also liked their Zords very much. But passions change. The Zords have been replaced by Gundams ^^ Oh yeah, just a while ago I saw they showed Power Rangers Dino Thunder ( or something like that ) on the Belgian television. Thought you might wanne know ^^

Signature Image

DoubleBarrel

DoubleBarrel

Banisher of Spam

i use to love mighty morphin power rangers, but as i grew older the show started to lose my intrest. :D

Slicing spam into nothingness so u wont have to.

I used to love the first couple of seasons of Power Rangers. I heard that it originated from Japan, and the yellow ranger was actually a guy.

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

I still watch it in Jetix. Is fun and you got the Original Green Ranger too!!!! Tommy, The Green Ranger, and his DragonZord are sooooooooo cool.
I stop watching Rangers shows in the Turbo Saga and start watching them again in PW in Space I think. I can't remember the name of the show but there was this kick-ass virtual cyborg. I couldn't see the entire season opf Lightning Speed REscue but I like it, Time Force was cool, Wild Force was excellent, Ninja Storm was...ah....good and DinoThunder was priceless.
I also watch Zeo Rangers in weekends!!! Yupiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

choppar

choppar

Tenchou of Urahara Shop

I recall when the Green Ranger first appeared on the show, everyone wanted to be him. Was never the biggest of fans though, although I can't help but notice it is still around in one form or another (some kind of Super-Legend-Mega-Blaster-Ultra-Power-Rangers series I saw in the shops the other day) :\

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Yeah it was a pretty cheesy looking back on it but as a kid but I didn't care I just could never get enough of it. I got into so many fights with my cousins as to who was best ranger.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

I remember watchin it a few months back and laughing at it every minute!

(\_/)
(~.~)
(> <) This is Bunny's cousin George. George keeps messing up Bunny's plans for world domination

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

I Used To See Power Rangers When I Was Around 5 Or 6, I Was Very Hyperactive At That Time, I Played With My Friends And Of Course Fought Over Who Would Be Who......But Now I Don't Like The Series At All....Which Is Kind Of Funny Because I Used To Love It, But I No Longer Like It....Some Of You Said The Acting Is Cheesy...But You Forgot The Crappy Effects....lol :)

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

HEY the effects became "better" over the years. lol

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by MrchakHEY the effects became "better" over the years. lol

That's because the original Sentais which PR was ripped from improved their special fx. BUt I'm still a sucker for Zords and Rangers in Red.

I remember the first episode... woah, it's quaking!

Alpha: This is the big one!
Zordon: It's Rita!

... something like that...

Signature

power rangers was goodwhen i was a kid, but i cantwatch a whole episode now without laughing at how pathetic it looks

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

I only like the first series with the first Megazord. With Zack the black ranger (the black guy) and the Yellow ranger Triney (or something like that, the asian girl).
There are also a lot of japanese series like power rangers. I remember when i was in Phillipines i watched a bunch of series like these (i remember VR Troopers, i even hade the game for Sega) and on those series there was only one girl and she was the pink ranger and the others were male even the yellow one...

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

I still remeber watching power rangers as a kid when it was early saturday mornings and i loved it as a kid. Im actaully glad i watched it as a kid. But now, im actaully surpirsed at how many different power ranger series were actually made that relied on one basic story concept. Overall, the span of time in which power rangers existed is quite astonishing.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

You can't really blame Power Rangers for having the same formula for all series.

Evil threatens Earth - Five/Three kids are selected to be rangers - Another one joins in after a while - They beat the evil. - Things go back to normal. - They loose their powers. - The End.

The original Japanese Sentais also rely on this formula for their shows, the only advantage of Power Rangers is that they provide consisitency throughout the series whereas the Japanese Sentais don't pick from the last left off.

And also, it's a kiddie show. What more can you ask?

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jakulito

That's because the original Sentais which PR was ripped from improved their special fx. BUt I'm still a sucker for Zords and Rangers in Red.
I remember the first episode... woah, it's quaking! Alpha: This is the big one!
Zordon: It's Rita!... something like that...

Woo hoo! Power Rangers rules! I love it when it was first aired in our country. Indeed the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger are good!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

Even If The Effects Became Better Over Years The Effects Are Still Crappy....They Could Make The Effects Waaaaayyyyyy Better Than That With The Technology We Have Today, But They Stick To The Old Piece Of Crap Effects Which Really Sucks, They Could Make Power Rangers Better But They Don't, They Just Have The Same Crap......Sorry For Saying All That Stuff But It Is True, Hope You Don't Take It As An Insult.... ^_^'

The Old series still pwnz the new ones like ninja storm lol.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

i loved the power rangers hehhehe, watched it as a lil kid in the afternoons :D

i watched the series until somewhere in the Turbo series, after that i got sick of it, but i think it just got taken off tv so i didnt bother after that lol

Signature Image

The moment I saw a Power Rangers episode, I thought of it as a Voltron ripoff and never watched it again. Sorry, but no <3 from this side.

Yay Voltron. Yay Thundercats.

Eeesh I'm feeling really old right now -_-

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Voltron ripoff i never thought that. I loved voltron tho. Great cartoon. Never thought of it as an anime tho. Soon i'll have the whole series of Voltron lol. :nya:

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

But Voltron and Power Rangers are supern sentia show. So it's ok if they are similar. It's like saying: "ah, I don't watch Shurato 'cause is a SAint SEiya ripoff".

BTW: I just buy the Rangers movie :D . Is junk but I like it.

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

I like that "Its junk but i like it"-type of people...

There are a lot of junk stuff out there and maybe what we think is cool now our kids are gonna laugh at us for todays movies so i try to enjoy in every "junk" that comes on my path.

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Well the Rangers movie is quite old and the FX are pathetic but still Is enjoyable. I wonder how the Zords will look with today's CGI.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.