Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is your philosophy of life? - Minitokyo

What is your philosophy of life?

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 147 total items

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

Life is a dream of those who remember. One day you will wake up to realizes that you life pass you by. It is the embraces of all things in the world. The moments that we will always remember. Here's a quote/poem that I like...

'I dreamt I was a butterfly.

i couldn't tell if I was dreaming, but when I woke
I was I and not a butterfly.

Was I dreaming that I was a butterfly?

Or was the butterfly dreaming that it was me?

Even if there's a difference between the butterfly and I
the distinction isn't absolute.

And there is no relationship of cause and effect.

-Soshi (Japanese poet)

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

Orkin

Orkin

Belive in you

Is:
so single it lives the moment

it is to never say to waste no opportunity since one never knows when you will return it to have.

well i would like to answer you by trying to find another similar topic i've already answered the way i would like to answer this one, but i can't find it so i'll write it again.

you asked a few very important questions for a person who likes to deal with philosophy and i've thought about those questions, too.

well ... i came to a certain point (dont know if it is good or not) where i dont ask myself those questions anymore and i tell you why:

imagine there would be a person who would come to you and tell you "well, your existance has no reason, god made you, because the past influences the present." now tell me something and be honest about it ... are you satisfied with this person's answers? i bet your not. you would ask "but why ...?".

well after we realized that the next question would be why dont those answers satisfy you? and i tell you why, because you know the answers, you already have an opinion to every question you've stated. that might not be that obvious but the following questions will make it.

so if you know the answer, why do you ask those questions? and i tell you why, because you dont know if your answers are the truth, because you're unsure, you don't know if you can rely on your philosphy, if it will brake down if somebody tries to destroy it. so when you ask about your existance you're not sure why you exist, you have doubts in it.

so what if you wouldn't have those doubts? ... i tell you the answer, you wouldn't ask those questions and life would be good. so to sum it up, you are not self-confident enough in your life philosohpy so you're asking other people those questions with the hope that they'll answer them the way you want them to answer OR with the hope that they'll answer them with an better argument you have for your philosophies. but to be honest, nobody likes to see his life-philosophy fall apart so people start to defend themself, they start to do everything to overcome this conflict, because loseing your life-philosohpy means loseing everything, losing your sense for living, that's what christians do (without being offensive). they invented something that stands over everything. the "ultimate argument" that makes your philosophy the best one. and yes they did it right and the more you believe in it and the more you're asking other people if your philosophy is the right one and the more the asked people agree with your philosohpy the more power your philosophy gets and people start to believe in it. ... and manipulating people isn't very hard now, is it?

so where's the actuall problem? well sir ... it's your/our human psychology. you do not want to accept an answer that is YES and NO at the same time. you do not want to accept the fact that there is no sense in life and at the same time there is. you do not want to accept that god is and is not.

so, i already said the hard yet simple solution to it and you can believe me or not, i dont care. you have to learn how to accept and the only way to do that is asking yourself such questions because they are important for forming your own philosophy. because then those questions are not needed to be stated. it won't matter anymore if god exists or not, because he does and does not. it doesnt matter if you exist or not because you do and you dont.

... i know my post may sound quite stupid but i think it's worth giving it a thought.
thanks for reading.

viralvexer

viralvexer

live a little....
and kick some @$$ on the way! XD

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Quote by GOMFwell i would like to answer you by trying to find another similar topic
i've already answered the way i would like to answer this one, but i
can't find it so i'll write it again.
you asked a few very important questions for a person who likes to deal
with philosophy and i've thought about those questions, too.
well ... i came to a certain point (dont know if it is good or not)
where i dont ask myself those questions anymore and i tell you why:
imagine there would be a person who would come to you and tell you
"well, your existance has no reason, god made you, because the past
influences the present." now tell me something and be honest about it
... are you satisfied with this person's answers? i bet your not. you
would ask "but why ...?".
well after we realized that the next question would be why dont those
answers satisfy you? and i tell you why, because you know the answers,
you already have an opinion to every question you've stated. that might
not be that obvious but the following questions will make it.
so if you know the answer, why do you ask those questions? and i tell
you why, because you dont know if your answers are the truth, because
you're unsure, you don't know if you can rely on your philosphy, if it
will brake down if somebody tries to destroy it. so when you ask about
your existance you're not sure why you exist, you have doubts in it. so
what if you wouldn't have those doubts? ... i tell you the answer, you
wouldn't ask those questions and life would be good. so to sum it up,
you are not self-confident enough in your life philosohpy so you're
asking other people those questions with the hope that they'll answer
them the way you want them to answer OR with the hope that they'll
answer them with an better argument you have for your philosophies. but
to be honest, nobody likes to see his life-philosophy fall apart so
people start to defend themself, they start to do everything to
overcome this conflict, because loseing your life-philosohpy means
loseing everything, losing your sense for living, that's what
christians do (without being offensive). they invented something that
stands over everything. the "ultimate argument" that makes your
philosophy the best one. and yes they did it right and the more you
believe in it and the more you're asking other people if your
philosophy is the right one and the more the asked people agree with
your philosohpy the more power your philosophy gets and people start to
believe in it. ... and manipulating people isn't very hard now, is it?
so where's the actuall problem? well sir ... it's your/our human
psychology. you do not want to accept an answer that is YES and NO at
the same time. you do not want to accept the fact that there is no
sense in life and at the same time there is. you do not want to accept
that god is and is not.
so, i already said the hard yet simple solution to it and you can
believe me or not, i dont care. you have to learn how to accept and the
only way to do that is asking yourself such questions because they are
important for forming your own philosophy. because then those questions
are not needed to be stated. it won't matter anymore if god exists or
not, because he does and does not. it doesnt matter if you exist or not
because you do and you dont.
... i know my post may sound quite stupid but i think it's worth giving
it a thought.
thanks for reading.

wow what a huge quote... i won't argue against or for it...

my personal philosophy stems from doubt, I have humbled myself to be open to criticism and not take things personally - for emotions tend to lean a bias that is unwelcome in arguments

I am not actually looking for answers from anybody, I am merely asking questions that require some deep thinking or looking on the inside to find pieces of a puzzle that looks unsolvable or too enigmatic to solve alone... If someone states something that looks like a thought I had but didn't put into words, it helps to understand myself better from a written perspective... thats all.

what you stated actually is true, we cannot escape our personal philosophy and bias - then things get contradictory, we make contradictory statements and assumptions - it becomes a mess ^_^

-repeat-

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

I thik that once you've got to the top, there nothing more to do than go all the way down again or stand at the top until someone grabs you and take your place. So it's better to stay around the middle instead of always being in competition.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

You see a chance you have to take it or else you will regret later.

I think that people are usually much to negative, so my one is a quote frome Luis Armstrong:

"oh, what a wonderful world."

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I follow karma...everything you do will be returned to you (not necessariloy tenfold....but enough). Because of this i can smile and laugh in almost all situations and live happily. As long as you can live happily and it isn't at someone elses expense then your life may be considered perfect.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Ghost357

Ghost357

Da da fua!

Life, To me it is a test, adventure, a place to find friends, find your soulmate, do what you were destend to do, and most of all, live your life with the ones you care about and your love one, before your jugement after death.

Everything happens for a reason, the key to life is to learn what matters most, is that your Answer?

.. hhmm... well everyone seems to have an interesting view.. then again its different for everyone since we're all a product of whatever environment we grow up in.. but to me.. life is what you make of it.. its your choice what happens and you can change things.. but only yourself.. you cant change the people around you unless they want to.. as for knowing you exist.. well.. you cant know you do.. people have to acknowledge you and recognize you for you to exist.. well thats what i think at least.. kinda doesnt help anti social people but uhh.. yeah..

[1] Why do you exist?
I personally wouldn't know, and regardless of whether or not I know the circumstances that brought about my existence, it doesn't matter. I'm here now and that's what matters. My continuous existence, why not entirely my choice, however, is because I'm too afraid to let go...
I exist because my being - my existence - relies on the fact that I'm connected to others. The presence of my thought and their thoughts determines my existence.
From a more philosophical stand point, I believe that I neither came to be because of chance nor did I come to be because of predestination. I exist physically as an embodiment of something that is metaphysical.

[2] Where did you come from?
I don't know what you're referring to... my mental (or soul) or physical being? I was born of my mother - that's the physical aspect of myself, but I can't answer the second part for the reason that I don't know. However... I guess you could say that the metaphysical part of my existence came from a collection of energies that have and continue to exist throughout the history of non-existence.

[3] Why is reality the way it is?
"Reality" is how we percieve it to be. Like points of view, everyone sees the world differently... if you think about it, there's no singular explanation for that question. Reality is what and how people percieve. "Reality" is a collection of manifested energies and we percieve things different because we react differently with different aspects of the world.

My philosophy in life?
Simple. I don't have "one"... there is no singular way to describe what I believe, but I suppose that you can say that I'm partial to the quote found on my signature image: "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing only in myself." Selfish? It is. Why am I partial to it? Because, I believe (in addition to so many other things) that in the end, it's all up to us as individuals to decide. "Follow your emotions" (Gundam Wing - Heero Yuy) is what it really comes down to. If you believe in something/ someone, with all your heart, who's to say otherwise? We're constantly bombarded with other people's philosophical ideologies (rules, laws, norms, etc) that at one point, we find ourselves at a crossroads and we don't know what to do. Well you know what? Sometimes, you should look to yourself for the answer and not anyone else. It's your life, live it.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Quote by Youri.. hhmm... well everyone seems to have an interesting view.. then again
its different for everyone since we're all a product of whatever
environment we grow up in.. but to me.. life is what you make of it..
its your choice what happens and you can change things.. but only
yourself.. you cant change the people around you unless they want to..
as for knowing you exist.. well.. you cant know you do.. people have to
acknowledge you and recognize you for you to exist.. well thats what i
think at least.. kinda doesnt help anti social people but uhh.. yeah..

no we are not products of our environments we grow up in; we can break away from it and exists solely in our own... at least that's what I think...

ya, only the self can change the self, other's can contribute and support the change.

can't know I exist, people have to acknowledge my existence, that stuff does not exist... well generally, it depends on a relative viewpoint... we can argue all day/night...

it's great chattin up with all of you... i feel inspired by all your comments... it helps break barriers in my personal life if that is even believable... thoughts can be written more patiently and deliberately - so it helps to open up our collective opinions

-repeat-

i dont have one but to take steps forward and face anything that stands in my way

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

Quote:
no we are not products of our environments we grow up in; we can break
away from it and exists solely in our own... at least that's what I
think...

..well thats true i dont disagree with that.. that we can break through that.. then agian thats not an easy thing to do.. we cant help but carry on the morals passed onto us by others somtimes..

Ghost357

Ghost357

Da da fua!

Good night everyone.

Everything happens for a reason, the key to life is to learn what matters most, is that your Answer?

Be good and in the afterlife, you will be rewarded.

I guess my philosophy of life has nothing to do with God... or whatever you call It! I mean I believe there is something Greater than everything and I like to call that the Universe, something that we can't see nor touch, but we can feel.
Why do I exist? It is to accomplish things that will balance the order of the Universe.
Where do I come from? From an illusion!
Reality is this way to achieve balance, everything happens for a reason, but still I doubt that our path in life are already decided. I believe that every decision you take, and every action you take has an effect on everything on this planet... sometimes it's a direct effect, sometimes an indirect one!

EDIT : As you can see, it's still not clear for me, so it will eventually evolve toward an unknown direction as time passes! What happens in life helps people create their philosophy of life, so I guess it will change and evolve all my life! ;)

~ sweety, you can't buy the necessities of life with cookies ~

argh! so many aspects to this question, sooo hard to get your head round them all!
i cannot try to answer this question as its too grand. i think we are here for a reason, though we may or may not know it.

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

-Kira Yamato from gundam seed- "What in hell can you protect if your feelings are the only weapons you've got?"

Do not suppoze opportunity will knock twice at your door.

We lose the certain things while we seek the uncertain ones.

Life is like a video game, you can level up by training. Elves have a great sight, just as dogs as a great sense of smell. Everything is related to video games.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

WasZanz

WasZanz

Doin my part.

My philosophy on life is meh....everything works out in the end.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Thats a deep question and can be taken in many ways. I am cristian in my beliefs but i do not believe that everything is done for your deity whomever it might be. Our ultimate goal in life should not include worshiping day and night. We are here for a limited time and should enjoy it while we can. If God put us on this earth merely to worship him then why are we not wearing robes and going to church every day, and every hour of our day? If a god had intended for everything to be done for him and to glorify him then it would not make any sense to provide the populace with so many distractions and alternate forms of worship? Ultimately i believe that we are here to enjoy ourselves and then to go off into the after-life and provide him some company.

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

i exist only to help other to be happy, to enjoy the life . . .

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

I think of life almost everyday and compare it to something. It will be too lengthy to give out all my thoughts on life.

page 3 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 147 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.