Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 creating nice backgrounds for wallies - Minitokyo

creating nice backgrounds for wallies

page 1 of 1 17 total items

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

hi there... i'm pretty new around here. just wondering where do all you experts get the background for your wallies?

any tips? as to how to match the scan to the background. how to create a background or modify one?

i've seen some who say the produce the background from scratch! which is AMAZING!!! how do i go about doing all these for a beginner?

thanks!

dear mods, if this is a duplicated topic, please delete. thanks! sorry if i'm blundering around!

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

Deathent

Deathent

buzy??

hmm.. i tot abt dis.. don ask me.. by the way.. add more fren cos..
when you post threads like dis.. it will be shown on your frens notification..
i forgot to tell abt dis earlier.. sorry..

noting 2 say ( or write ) abt me... i like kill my time reading manga, watching anime, play games
and enjoy anime ost....

polarie

polarie

oh! ok thanks!

Signature

well some of us use sections of images that we have as a bases for an idea or to incorporate into our work, others use a wide selection of brushes to which if you do not use brushes in my opinion your photoshop skill is very limited unles you are good at making you own brushes ^^. in my case i use both of them that i have mentioned. i also use alot of my own photos that i have taken as bases for sections of my work.

as for the character first thing is to make sure that it is of high quality and will suit the style of background that you have made. One way of getting the character to blend in with the background is to add a slight outer glow or alter the colour to match/ blend with the background. adding layers of effects and fillters ontop of the character as well as some brushes can also help to blend the chatacter in.

if you do not think i have explained clearly or if you need some more help dont be hessitant and just pm me and if i can help i will give you as much advise as i can. good luck

Signature Image

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

Beside the above tips mentioned by twistedfreak I sometimes use layer masks, adjustment layers, and experiment with multiple layers and their layer styles/blending options.

I'm not sure what software you use to make walls but if you use PhotoSHop this site will help you out pretty well: www.good-tutorials.com

or maybe this site might help: www.pixel2life.com .

polarie

polarie

thanks twistedfreak!! it's very detailed! however where you do find those nice brushes? is there a site that offer free downloads for brushes to be installed? admittedly my photoshop skills is only average... T_T ^_^'

thanks zerofear! what does layer masks do? & what's the adjustment layers for??

thank you for all your advise!! :D

Signature

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

Quote by polarie.....what does layer masks do? & what's the adjustment layers for??
thank you for all your advise!! :D

Your welcome! Glad to try to help.

Anyway: Layer mask-

You can obscure an entire layer or layer set, or just a selected part of it, using a layer mask.
Basicly you can hide or fade parts of an image without causing "permanent damage: with erasing. Don't like whta you did? Delete the layer mask.

Adjustment Layers-"Adjustment layers let you experiment with color and tonal adjustments to an image without permanently modifying the pixels in the image. The color and tonal changes reside within the adjustment layer, which acts as a veil through which the underlying image layers appear. Keep in mind that an adjustment layer affects all the layers below it. This means that you can correct multiple layers by making a single adjustment, rather than making the adjustment to each layer separately. "

Hope that explained it clearly for you...

you can type photoshop brushes into google and you will get many sites that come up

here are a couple of sites for you to search through
deviantart.com
rebel-heart

if you need anything else just ask, i would give you a few more things but have to go out. just pm me and i will get back to you as soon as i can

Signature Image

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Well, most of us make our own background, using PS brushes (which you may download, though the default set given by PS itself is quite good enough) as well as combining with stock photos,..
Other methods would be using lots of different techniques and filters to actually 'draw' your own background digitally ;D

Signature

polarie

polarie

thanks so much guys!!! i'm still learning & learning! there's so much for me to learn! hey twistedfreak the rebel heart link is really good! thanks!!!

btw.. i've submitted my very 1st wallie! pls have a look and comment when you are free!

Signature

uhhh what i do to make a background is i take some backgrounds from other pictures and edit it but i dont know thats just me like making it blend in and not stick out

polarie

polarie

just that i wonder if it's weird... especially if it's like real life photos (stock photos) with an anime character?

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Use of stocks is not encouraged here on MT but you can still use it as long as you give proper credits and such.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Well.. if you take a background from a scan, and edit it a lot it might be ok. Depends on effort. If you take a background from a wallpaper or doujinshi, it's ripping. If you use a photo as background, you have to work on it a LOT for it to be acceptable.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

polarie

polarie

Quote by white-zeroUse of stocks is not encouraged here on MT but you can still use it as long as you give proper credits and such.

o i see! i have no idea! so if we take the pictures ourselves it's considered ok?

Quote by KeltoshWell.. if you take a background from a scan, and edit it a lot it might be ok. Depends on effort. If you take a background from a wallpaper or doujinshi, it's ripping. If you use a photo as background, you have to work on it a LOT for it to be acceptable.

do you mean to say we can just actually expand the background on the scan? would that be still considered our work? i mean would our wallpapers be deleted because we didn't really create something new?

Signature

to the first one the answer is yes. if you take your own photos and use them as whole or part of your background it is very acceptible as it is entierly your own work/phot so you have copyright on it.

moving on to you second question there, you would have to make drastic changes to the background if you took it from someone elses work by adding differnt colour tones layers with different filters and brushes so that the back ground is say 60-70% differen from its original. also you would have to give credit to the person whos back ground you used as a bases/ inspiration to help you with you own work

hope this helps answer them questions for you. anything else all you need to do is ask. good look with your next wallpaper

Signature Image

polarie

polarie

very useful & helpful! thanks alot!!! will try to do something better for my next submissioN! thanks!!

Signature

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.