Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Which Is Longer: Forever, Eternally, or Infinity? - Minitokyo

Which Is Longer: Forever, Eternally, or Infinity?

page 1 of 1 24 total items

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

Ok MT'ers, time for me to get a really questionable fourm for ya!

Which Is Longer: Forever, Eternally, or Infinity?

Forever Means:
1 : for a limitless time

Eternally Means:
1 : having infinite duration

Infinity Means:
1 : unlimited extent of time, space, or quantity

So, which one do you think is longer?

For Me..
Forever is considered longer.
Eternally feels longer.
Infinity sounds longer.

However, If I knew which one was longer, I wouldn't bother with this thread.

Hope To Hear Your Thoughts!

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

newtype2010

newtype2010

nightmare ghost

you forgot about the immortality well for me i think that eternality is the most longer

cenocres

cenocres

a blind witness

is it for an exam?
i just can say that: it doesn't matter if you don't have two things to compare. for example, you know that idea: between fives minutes with the ass on flames and eternity with the girl that you love in your hands, i think the first point is longer than the second.
you don't understand why i say that: it's just a word!! eternity of suffering and forever in love, or infinity pain and eternity in love, just words!!
it's like to compare near and not far: something witch is not far is near, ok? so what is the nearest between near and not far....

hahahaha, that's again a good question ....

libre de tous ses carcans,
il se leva et partit vers l'ouest.
plus rien ne le retenait, maintenant

endsoftheworld99

endsoftheworld99

Free and Unfettered

Infinity is a mathmatical term, and if you think about it, infinity mean that it doesn't end, whether it loops forever like sine wave or something or what it doesn't end. So infinity can loop back to the same place, so really, it can be quite short if the loop is short, hahaha.

Forever is simply a word that we use to describe something that will never end. Unfortunatly it has been overused now-a-days and has well sort of become corupted. People make wedding vow's 'forever', but 5 years later, pooof there they go, up in a cloud of divorce smoke or sumthing like that.

Eternal, a word which is not as often used as the other two I think is the longest. It is kind of a mysterious word, and besides sounding more 'powerful' and 'everlasting' that the other two, eternal is used to describle many things that are beyond what our mind can comprehend. Like for instance, eternal life, you really can't think of what living eternally would be like because we can only think about finite things in a finite time.

But yeah thats what I think, eternal is the longest.

Signature Image

~ I am free, unfettered, and without a care in this world which revolves around love, beauty, freedom and life ~

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

Infinity i think.... ^_^'

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

akazookin

akazookin

Okinawan doughnut

Quote by endsoftheworld99Infinity is a mathmatical term, and if you think about it, infinity mean that it doesn't end, whether it loops forever like sine wave or something or what it doesn't end. So infinity can loop back to the same place, so really, it can be quite short if the loop is short, hahaha.

wow..u are veri wise hehe :D really nice description
anyway..i think eternality is the longest..sounds ageless to me :)

Signature

I believe it is eternal. It has no beginning and no end.
Infinity and forever only means unlimted, but still start at a certain time. (Which means there is a beginning)

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

I thinks its Eternally but its a random guess, so I dont know :sweat:

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

Well, let's see....

things can be eternal without actually lasting/enduring the longest, such as love, etc. In that sense then, "eternal" wouldn't be the longest.

"forever" definitely implies a sense of time. but then, you have a phrase like "diamonds are forever" and that's not true either...

I guess "infinity" is the best term... it has mathematical implications, so that detaches it the most from human relation, and puts it more in the realm of pure duration.

they're are all the same meanin but they descibe different situations ... for ur meanin i mayb consider eternal as the so called"longest"

I think that strings are longer..
"How long is a piece of string?"

but then again.. a string that goes on forever sounds pretty long but it sounds like it had started somewhere.. a string that's eternal normally means it will last longer.. but then it can be pretty short in physical length (since you don't really say something is eternally long physically). a string that's infinitely long probably the longest since it's infinite in time, space and quantity :)

They're all the same... forever, eternally, and infinity are confined to the existence of time. What beats them all? Always.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

hellbomb

KaBoom!

they're all the same. :sweat:

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

hmm...infinity i guess. they kinda have the same meanings.

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

me? Eternity. Forever is used to much so i don't feel like it's really "forever", eternity... i just LOVE the word! :D and infinity always seems to sound like parts of numbers XD

so... eternity! ^^

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

For me "forever" implies "forever from now".

Ifinity is, as someone stated, mathematical. It involves numbers. Not necasarily time. Astronomers and phycisists (spelling??? OX ) use it to imply that the univers are uncalculable big. It takes more than a never ending amount of numbers to calculate that size.

Eternal means never ending but also never changing.

Basically all the same in the context of time, but used differently in different situations. Since forever means (for me) from now, infinity numbers, and eternal always unchanging, I'd go with eternal.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

SmiL3y

SmiL3y

scotty doesn't know xP

i would say infinity is the longest. even though it implies math a human invented tool to calculate things. time, also something human invented to keep track of movement and to calculate things, which pretty much means it involves math. even though infinity is in a loop its still forever. never ending. that would the longest.

Signature
"One whos knows where to go is a cab driver. Pay him"
The answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42!

WaCa

WaCa

Solitaire soul...

i think eternal is the best one it sounds and looks longer for me as it gives it a mistic non-ending effect :D

Signature Image

Proud administrator of the AnimeMangaLovers group!
Bleach-Central proud member!

well i think that they are all the same they are all words to describe ongoing and never ending as you can see ongoing and never ending are the same aswell

don't worry the site will be up soon
Signature
http://junto.sytes.net

violina

violina

detached from the world

They're all the same; it's just that they are used in specific ways. I prefer "infinity" to the others, since major studies tend to either shy away or accept that term more readily. The others are more poetic.

Signature
To regret one's own experiences is to arrest one's own development. To deny one's own experiences is to put a lie into the lips of one's life. It is no less than a denial of the soul. -- Oscar Wilde

In a technical standpoint the words are all synonyms which means they can all be used to describe something to the same degree.

eternally, it just seems longer than the others

aiya.

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

eternally. it is nine letters long.

Signature

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I think they are can be used in the same way....They mean the same thing..their just different words for the same thing like cold, freezeing, chilly...etc...

Jaszi5

Jaszi5

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.