Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Purchasing DVDs - Minitokyo

Purchasing DVDs

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

It seems that many people on MT are spending money on their DVD regardless if anime or not sooo...

What kind of DVDs do you purchase?

When it comes to buying a DVD are you picky?

Do you buy only one or a dozen?

How much do you spend in one shopping session?

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

DoubleBarrel

DoubleBarrel

Banisher of Spam

I dont buy alot of DVDs its because its pretty hard to find places where they sell anime at. :D

Slicing spam into nothingness so u wont have to.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

well majority of my dvd buying is anime dvds lol, more so of late

do you mean picky? well i guess i am in a way, but usually i decide before i go out and buy

i usually layby and since at EB games its $25 deposit and 1 dvd is normally $29.95 seems kinda stupid to put one on so i usually put like 2 or 3 on layby or a boxset

Signature Image

Most of the dvd's I buy are anime since my parents usually pick up any of the Hollywood movies I want to see. As far as how many I get when I go shopping, it's pretty much just the ones I went for unless something is out early or on sale. I haven't made a blind purchase on an anime for several years.

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

I have like...4 dvds that arent anime -.-
anyway, i order my anime on the net since its much cheaper.
Ans i dun buy normal movies that often...try...once a year if even that.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ChaoticOni

ChaoticOni

Timeless Existence

Yes, i agree its hard to find anime on dvd sometimes, because its usually dual audio and they have to license the entire anime and dub all of it><. which will probably take a year. I usually buy dvd movies. Depending on the deal, if its like at hmv or music world where u can buy 2 dvds for 30 dollars, its not bad.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

you could always buy complete boxsets, it works out cheaper in the long run

only real blind/spur of the moment buy was yu yu hakusho, first 5 dvds, they were 50% off so i thought y not

Signature Image

i buy dvds once in awhile because my parents dont like it when i buy anime and i usually spend like $20 on a dvd the most i have ever spent on a dvd was like $30

I buy DVDs when the movie/show seems interesting or I've already seen it and love it. I buy movies when they come out the first week so I get them at about the $15 range, or I wait a while and browse the used shops for the $12 or cheaper copies of the same film. Same with box sets of anime or TV shows, or any box set. Used shops sell them for less than Best Buy or whatnot. The ultimate store? Ebay. Rather than go to Best Buy and buy the entire box sets for Hellsing or Rurouni Kenshin (Hellsing in one big box of several cases, about $130, Kenshin in 3 different boxes for about $130 per) incredibly overpriced, I go on Ebay. Hellsing's about $15-$20, and I bought the entire 96-episode series of Rurouni Kenshin in a 12-disc (single) set for $89.95 (that's with S&H in it already).

But does one even truly have a choice? One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate...and thus defy the tyrannous stars.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.