Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Unappreciated work. - Minitokyo

Unappreciated work.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

52 views, 42 downloads.
80 views, 62 downloads.

Still no comments or signs of visitors, except two counters getting vaguely higher.
We would realy appreciate a wee bit of feedback. Maybe a word or two of appreciation or even critique, so we can improve to the extent that we'll recieve your, the MT forums gratitude.

Or are we asking for too much?

EDIT: Oh, if anyone wonders, I'm talking about removed, a recent work of me and a friend of mine (removed).

Lol maybe you are asking for too much. After all, once your works are submitted it really is at the whim and mercy of mods and the general public. I guess people are just too lazy nowadays.

Signature Image

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by shinsengumi
+Advertising
Threads and posts should not be made advertising submissions, threads, groups, or otherwise. Such advertisements should only be made in userpages and guestbooks.

Please read the guideline
^^ Btw, you are asking too much

Signature

Quote by RainOfStars
+Advertising Threads and posts should not be made advertising
submissions, threads, groups, or otherwise. Such advertisements should
only be made in userpages and guestbooks.

Please read the guideline
^^ Btw, you are asking too much

Maybe it came out wrong, but I was trying to generaly complain about the lack of response in this community... not to advertise :s
I already asked for response in the work itself...
Response, critique, gratitude or a glimpse of interest is alla an artist can ask for.
Since you two already confirmed my suspicions, I'm starting to view MT as a less serious community than I first reconed, which is a shame. Oh well, I'll stay, I'm not that noble myself...

Marissa

Retired Moderator

Marissa

Antisocial Butterfly

Quote by VetroxMaybe it came out wrong, but I was trying to generaly complain about the lack of response in this community... not to advertise :s

If that's so you won't mind that I removed the identifying references.

Signature Image
I used to be that bitch who deleted your pictures. Now that I'm gone, nobody is gonna delete your pictures anymore. Good for you.

A similar topic was brought up on:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/33094/

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Quote by frozenwildernessAfter all, once your works are submitted it really is at the whim and mercy of mods and the general public.

I think frozenwilderness said it perfectly. If people like your work and want to leave comments and give favs, they will. If not...try something else and see if they respond to that. Sorry if it sounds harsh but, that's how MT works.

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Quote by bluSake

Quote by frozenwildernessAfter all, once your works are submitted it
really is at the whim and mercy of mods and the general public.

I think frozenwilderness said it perfectly. If people like your work
and want to leave comments and give favs, they will. If not...try
something else and see if they respond to that. Sorry if it sounds
harsh but, that's how MT works.

Yeah...it's still sad though :(

starkid

starkid

Lost.

I can understand your frustation very well, but all you can do is hope that next time will be different.

My first wallpaper was deleted because it was "too simple", and so far my second one has 0 comments and well...its not so good for my self-esteem. So i don't think it's asking for much, a simple "i like it" comment would have alot of inspirational value (for me atleast) and a more serious and constructive feedback would allow us to develop our skill's and not to repeat our mistake's.

i always leave a comment in every wallpaper i download, but unfortunatly, it's simple: this is how MT works, you don't like it, it's your problem.

Cya

Signature
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You're relaxed, you're sublime, you're amazing
You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you...
And if you hear me, I'll enjoy trying to find you.

[ Visit my worthless gallery ]

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

People tend to be rather picky on what styles of walls they see, not to mention the character being featured. Most people only go for the cute and sexy type of character, sometimes regardless of the background that was created. Others want more divine background styles to grab their attention. It just depends on the person, and it is also at the discretion of the person to view, comment, and/or even fave your wallpaper.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

... Not to mention that someone has yet to attempt to look at each and every submission in MT's galleries. Such a task would be near suicidal.

Best thing you can do is to promote works in your signature or your userpage. If you find underappreciated work, it's our job to make it known, yeah?

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

i think i was one of the guilty ones who joined MT just to download.. but once i got so impressed by this wallie that i've gotta make a comment.. after which i started making more and more comments..

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

xcf33

xcf33

Sakura forever

There's a lot of under appreciated work on MT

my reason for them are the following, for example, my friend jason is a pure waller, he's walls are very pretty and unique (most people just copy off his design and style).

But his best wall only get 30 some favs? and his second best wall got 60 some fav.

i kno that still sounds like a lot but a lot of his other work under unpopular category are simply un-noticed.

The problem with MT is that you have to have a huge friend's list so when your wall come out they will have notice so they will most likely to go check it out and add to their fav. But my friend jason is a pure artist. I mean he only has 11 friends added to his list (they added him first) so that's why his wallies didn't get a lot of attention.

Also I think theres a lot of under appreciated work because there is no wallpaper rating system and maybe a spot light, or categorize wallpaper by ratings can be used not jsut fav/submission date, etc.

Also there should be a quality control (I know bot-chil) does delete many things but still there's just too many repetetive medicore walls that stack the spaces making browsing a painful process to go through.

Well I hope some of those issues will be fixed in MT3

sorry for the jibbishhh.... Just my honest thoughts.

ocelotisun

ocelotisun

SpiritedAway

Quote by xcf33There's a lot of under appreciated work on MT
my reason for them are the following, for example, my friend
jason is a pure waller, he's
walls are very pretty and unique (most people just copy off his design
and style).
But his best wall only get 30 some favs? and his second best wall got
60 some fav. i kno that still sounds like a lot but a lot of his other
work under unpopular category are simply un-noticed

Yes, there is a lot of under appreciated work here at MT. It might seen unfair but there's nothing you can do about people tastes. They will +fav what they like not what they think is well done or has technique.
lol, Belive me 60 and 30 favs are a lot. I have seen pretty good works that don't even get 10 favs tops, only because they don't feature some sexy girl... XD

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

yeah, thirty to sixt favs. that is more than all my pictures combined. how i would cry to see that. but alas, i am hungry.

Signature

Thanks for your thoughts...

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.