Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 To arankagiri and shijin alike - Minitokyo

To arankagiri and shijin alike

page 1 of 1 6 total items

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I have seen too much squandered poetic talent here, so I would like us to give each other advice on writing more creatively. First, if you are serious in the least about writing in a more poetic sense or developing your art further, please take some time to read at least this http://www.poewar.com/archives/2005/03/21/poetry-writing-tips-explained-tip-three/

It helps people design better approaches and works of art when more options are available. Remember, these are suggestions, cause we all have a toolbox. The toolbox consists of our arsenal of tools that we use on a daily basis, why not get more tools into your box? If you don't like a tool, throw it away, needless to say.

-repeat-

if writing in school were as free and as easy as the article had mentioned, then writing would be more of an enjoyment. but everything is so different in school, it is forced, rushed, and restrained.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

It's true, but in college we are allowed much more freedom. The restriction is the current standards, MLA format usually. I failed HS English cause my teacher was a bitch, literally, she picked on me and my free style attitude. She didn't get a single piece of creativity from me cause she never really taugh anything. College is a huge difference, a great experience. However, that experience relies on student participation and genuine want to advance. If teachers recognize the want to learn, then usually they will help you as much as you ask.

Also, writing here in the forums is like an outlet for critique, but teachers are of a different flavor amidst education.

If a teacher says one thing, but your current one says another, then guess which to follow.

-repeat-

Well, thanks for the link. I will use it.

Sazriel

Sazriel

"I lost you once..."

Thanks for the post of that link, It certainly gives me something to think about when writing.

Signature

Thrilled member of - [love hina fans]

xange

xange

~white bunny~

Waw that link was made for me, exacly for me. I understand better how to make poems and that they don't always have to make sense and not be perfect all the time. This info is really what I needed, thanks :pacman: I'm so happy :)

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.