Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are Anime/Manga merchandises too expensive these days? - Minitokyo

Are Anime/Manga merchandises too expensive these days?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Well... Yeah... Official merchandise is so expensive... we poor anime/manga fans are forced to buy "fake" items.... I'm so envious of other otakus... they can have any item they want T_T... while me.... er..... Nothing! Zippo!

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

Well the english versions i think are expensive the other languages like japanese or chinese or korean or any other types i dont understand i can only but english ones :( English ones are arnd $18 and others languages are arnd $6-10

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Well... when I was in high school, I need to save my money and force myself not to buy food just for anime merchandise like magazines (Questor) XP
The prices of original anime CDs are expensive compared to pirated ones :D so I've decided to buy only pirated ^_^'

You can buy anime merchandise in Tokyo Kids (SM Manila) ;)

mabigat sa bulsa :nya: ha ha

s9031496c

s9031496c

.:. NAMIE .:.

Yep your right and its gettin more expensive even now!!!!!

Thanx endoftheworld for the sig^_^
Signature
You can call me Namie or Batrisha. May God Bless ya always!

ya...anime merchandise are getting really expensive these days...i saw Kakashi's headband(Naruto) in a supermarket and u guess how much it cost?it cost almost 1 month salary...>.<

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

pirate = bad :P

just save up for it or layby it

Signature Image

I fink everyfin sold overseas is expensive (unless its fake.....lolz)....I got a frend who got me a bunch of initial d and naruto stuff in japan and they're like 1/2 the price u find in an average anime store overseas.

Ranga

Ranga

I am, I.

Tell me about it. But I got lucky one-day
I found this guy who was selling some good ones cheap
I made out like a bandit

You say I fool myself
But better me than being a fool for some one else

yeah! it is, and hard to find in my country. :)

Signature

ozg82889

ozg82889

negima freek

it is expensive i cant buy anything

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

well tell me english japanese what ever it is in my country the pric will be double
on internet you may find it 12$ my country 20$ or higher :(
i bought some anime toys for 24 $ while later i found it on the net by 10 $
not FEAR :(

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

its dearer in japan for everything

say a DVD for instance, 2 eps and in japanese only of course and around $60 AU so that might be about $46 for a dvd.

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

I guess so. I can't even afford one, hehehe! I think it's really on a demand today so it's like that...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

orangekitty

A NARA FAN AND LOVER!

i way buying a Naruto head band and it was like $28 i think it not even wort $28 buck and for te shrits its so sad there like $25 i like died no one can pay $25 buck for one shrit its stupid

Naruto PWNS YOU!
FMA Pwns YOU!!

Is a Rabid NARA FANGIRL AND IS PROUD OF IT! XD

If i had a doller every time i hear "I love Sasuke" i be one rich B#%$#

-------------------------------------
Time

In time you said you loved me
Time is Time right?
How long is time to you?

A day, a week, a year
Who knows?
The love you show is fading, like time it self

The hours become days, and days, become years
That’s how long I’ve waited for you
The clock ticks and the love you shown is gone

We moved on with life and time
Time is time right?
Why would you care what time is and isn’t

Love moves on like the arrows on the clock
But, my clock is frozen in this time of love
That’s why in time you said you loved me

By Me on http://www.fanfiction.net/u/783878/ on naruto random poems Xp

Everything... damn external debt and inflation... Damn damn damn

Everything seems more expensive now, even with a job and income coming in. While I was working (before the school semester started) I told myself I'd get a manga a week. But I never bought one because the money could always be used better elsewhere (summer class tuition :P).

Zero37

Genosis

Waay too expensive... I want to buy so much cool stuff and I can barely afford to buy the DVDs of my absolute few favourite series. Let alone anything else >_<

polarie

polarie

..my heart is crying out loud...

yup yup! they are really expensive... so i just stick to gashapons instead.. not very well made figurines but at least it's something! -_-

Signature

proud member of Nippon-Foods | JapaneseLover | Chibi-Fest

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Everything is expensive but the trouble I have is that there isn't very much of anything anime released in my country, anime or merchandise wise. Even if I can't afford it, release it already!! At least then I can moan with everybody else!!

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

id say hell yeah!!in my country its $30 per DVDs while another extra 10 if you wanna get the collectors box. mangas(only in english anyways cuz people wont bother reading it in other languages) range from $11-16 i fink. its really expensive!!

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Yeah!! In my country all anime stuff is so expensive, I like to collect anime figures, Mangas, Anime and Video Games, but its to dificult because the prices!!

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Yeah I know what you mean guys. Its so expensive nowadays. I mean can't they lower the prices? Many will surely buy! Well... I think it's another over-seas delivery that got it's price. Anyway pirated... Is BAD I know. But I cant resist an anime merchandise! XD

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

Yeah... well it depends.

I wouldn't recommend anime as a hobby to anyone who does not have full-time job because it is an expensive hobby to get into. At the same time, I'm not too fond of people openly saying to go ahead and get pirated version either since pirates had nothing to do with creating the series and marketing it.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.