Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are Anime/Manga merchandises too expensive these days? - Minitokyo

Are Anime/Manga merchandises too expensive these days?

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

I bought a gundam model for 40bucks.
I didn't know it was 40 bucks. I just asked my mom to buy a model when she was going to Korea and I couldn't believe it.

merged: 12-27-2005 ~ 01:05am
I bought a gundam model for 40bucks.
I didn't know it was 40 bucks. I just asked my mom to buy a model when she was going to Korea and I couldn't believe it.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

Yes they are getting expensive especially import items from Japan but english ones aren't that bad ...^_^ although I rather have the import ones

freetime

freetime

Anime_FreaK

hehe.. yeah i coolect some of them but overall are expensive stuff.. they even sell pirated ones here.. but i still dunno where to get them.. haha..

iM noT a sTranGer.. juZ a fRen Dat u haVen mEt.. =P

Sigh, it's such an expensive hobby! :-( Of course we're paying for the production costs of moving everything to English, etc, when we buy stuff that's dubbed, even subbed stuff would need to be properly translated, etc., but I agree with the person who said you don't want to get into anime if you're living on the cheap. ;-) And that's just the videos (I really like mine legal), we won't even get into the toys, sigh, the pretty toys.... :-|

Manga is, er, a better bargain? ;-) And reading is good for you, LOL! :-D

yea i'm almost at the point where i've blown $1000 (cdn) on gundam seed/destiny character figurines and model kits..magazines/calendars

i recently bought the 1/60 scale Strike Freedom Lightning Edition (it lights up ^_^') .....the stores i went to sold this for $170..and the lowest i found was 135..but they were sold out...but thank god for boxing day..this other store was selling it for $119. i had to get it lol

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/gg_361/December/DSC05665.jpg

i love the box art....

ahh and i've preordered the RAH-DX Lacus Clyne figurine for next month..(whopping $77 cdn)

i'm glad chinese new yr is coming soon...red pocket money will replenish my savings haha

Signature Image

Bluearth

Bluearth

A Panda lover??

I think it is realli expensive! I can only look at it afar and never own it... With the exception of some. There're no fake anime stuff here....sad >_<

Join the Panda Lublub today! Check the following links for more info on mt!!
Upcoming news on credits system!! Guide to Mt3:Credits,browsing and moreGuide on making gallery commentsSignature Image

I don't think so...if something I want maybe a little steep I just place my claim on it and it is usually there by the time I saved up enough money. But then if you were to look around at all of the other things out there that aren't Anime then you'll see that pretty much everything is expensive when it comes to this day and age...no matter what I will love Anime no matter what it is and will buy it no matter how much it is. ;)

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

I have a full time job and just buying anime from places like suncoast are just too expensive for me. I save my money and wait till rightstuf has great deals that I can capitalize on, like how I got the ROD TV series for only $140 instead of $200 at suncoast

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

$30 AU for a single DVD, but Boxsets are cheaper lol
for for a 3-4 disc set its around $60-$80 otherwise its (for a 4disc with box) $120 =/

i bought ROD TV individually, which cost me just over $200 T__T

at anyrate i still buy DVDs XD although only boxsets :D

Signature Image

It does depend... but I did lessen my purchasing because of the prices... I still buy them though. ^_^'

My parents pay for it... I don't... T_T (I'm so bad... *cry*) Only sometimes.

ibuki4283

ibuki4283

~*The High School Ninja*~

Yea the prices are getting a lil High. But sometimes you have to look hard and you'll find it.

Never ever give up

OH, i've seen many DVD US releases with great prices... maybe i'll get something new in the next weeks :)

Signature

I think the main reason that the prices are so high is because domestic sellers have to import the stuff from Japan or other countries. So in order to that, they pay shipping. When we go to buy it from domestic stores they have to make a profit so it's the cost of the item, plus the cost of shipping, PLUS a little extra. =\ In my opinion, just save up money and go to Japan to buy it in bulk. And make sure you bring lots and lots of luggages.

If im lucky, i'll see some DVDs going for $19, if not its like $22-$30 a pop. I think the industry is taking advantage of all us fans. I say: "Rise up against the opression! No taxation without representation! Let the industry KNOW we ar not happy with their prices". Well, at least its a better buy then gas at $2.36 a gallon :)

And if they are taking advantage of us. We will resort to the "third" option. Which is.... DOWNLOAD LIKE CRAZY! xD

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

It some cases merchandise has gone back. I remember back in the days when Gundam Wing was around I paid $70 AU for my Endless Waltz Special Edition dvd cause it was a US Import and it didnt get released over here for another year after I bought it. Now from my usual buying place US imports have dropped down to the same price of AU dvds. Figurines, models etc have definatly jumped up in price. There was a figure I saw of Gothic Asuka from the NGE series and they wanted $120 AU for it O_o now that is rediculous. Yes it might cost more to get them in but most normal people who want to buy it cant really afford it. Ive spent thousands on the stuff I have so far but now its getting so I cant buy anything. *sniff* bring back the good old days when anime wasnt that popular so the price will go back down

You should really try to find Flea Markets and little hobby shops. They have the BEST deal around. I bought my Lolota Gothic Asuka PVC for about US $40. =D On a trip to Taiwan, the most crowded tiny shops with stacks and stacks of Gundams are the most cheapest (price wise). It was about.. 50%+ less than what I paid for at a mall or big name companies.

yes it's way too expensive

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

You know I have a funny story...

My dad went to Jakarta, Indonesia last year. Anime stuff was so cheap! My dad knew that I was an Otaku so (out of pity not having any anime stuffs) my dad bought 2 mangas Yu-gi-oh and Fallen Angel. The manga was wrapped in plastic and he wasn't allow to view what was inside. So anyways, he bought it (c'mon it was $1 only!) Then he also bought CD's and keychains.

I was so excited when my dad returned, I was screaming! o_0 But then when I opened the manga... It was in Indonesian! I couldn't understand anything! Well I only understood it by the pictures. Too bad. Finally I have a manga but in a different language! Huh... sucks. Well at least the CD's were subtitled in english and the keychains were cute! XD

Don't buy everything that is cheap!

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

yea..pretty much

yea..pretty much

yea..pretty much

Inuyasha-FAN

Inuyasha-FAN

I'm back

Yeah its so much money... It's getting me mad! >:(

hasn't it always been..........

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 66 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.