Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 World's First Invisible Technology - Minitokyo

World's First Invisible Technology

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

crazypanda

Work is my life! -_-''''''

I have found a very interesting website that introduces some kind of invisible technoloy project they are working on. A professor at the University of Tokyo has created an optical camouflage system that makes anyone wearing a special reflective material seem to disappear. Here are some real-life videos that show how this technology works. You need to see it to believe it, man. It's unbelievable.

http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/mirror.mpg
http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-s.mpg
http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/oc-okugai3.mpg
http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/projects/MEDIA/xv/images/bone2.mpg

The TIME magazine has chosen "Invisible Technology" using
Retro-reflective Projection Technology (RPT) as one of the coolest
inventions made in the year 2003.

If you guys want to know more about it, go visit their offical website.
http://www.star.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp

Signature

raging_otter

Not In

holy moly! :o those are some awesome technology! the japs certainly pwnz ^^

what tha is pretty insane!

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

no way...i dont beleive it @_@

man..we're really advancing ...i wonder what the future will be like *__*

Signature

Ranawen

Ranawen

MoonWandering

That is insane. I'm not totally disbelieving it, but the bones one looks particularly suspicious. Why was he standing so freaking still? I wanted him to open up his jaw or something...

Anyway, can you imagine walking around in that junk?! That would be so fun... And why hasn't the military taken over. Made it top secret. It would be their most valuable device, I would imagine.

...@_@ ....how cool

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

that las one seems a bit false..
but anyway, that is pretty sick, really amazing, hope those will get some non-military uses

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

AnimeLover2004

AnimeLover2004

AnimeLover

*fainted with mouth opened wide*

*woke up few minutes later*

My goodness!! It is a prank or what? What kind of material did they use to do that???

I love Miyama Yuna (SHE's MY WIFE!!!) and I love anime.

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

wow...that's very cool! mabbe they can make the car from james bond: tommorow never dies! =3

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Sorry to spoil the show :P yes it is amazing but it is relatively simple.
A camera records what's behind and in front of the person and projects the images onto the jacket. It's still very cool though :) Of course it'll have a military application first :P

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

HikariNoKen

Hitokiri No Hikari

arrgh!!! I WAS actually thinking OF using THIS AS AN exploravision idea!!! curse!!!!!!!

What choice is there but to fight? What choice is there but to die?

It would be quite unlikely this device be used to camouflage anything . True , the subject might be hidden , but the projection apparatus would still be in plain view. At best , you can use it to camouflague stationary objects , will using conventional camouflage to hide the projection apparatus .

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Quote by tele-fragdSorry to spoil the show :P yes it is amazing but it is relatively simple.
A camera records what's behind and in front of the person and projects the images onto the jacket. It's still very cool though :) Of course it'll have a military application first :P

simple but still kewl XD

Signature

Seran

Seran

Whimsical Dreamer

awww, and I thought that they are section 9 ;(((( That is cheating!

Actually , everyone can do what these guys did . Just place a webcam behind you and a laptop screen in front of you , screen facing out . Thats what these guys are doing , in a crude sense .

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

I bet they used a "blue screen" trick - you replace all the blue color with another video with a computer. This is used for making weather forecast - the host walks in front of a blue wall and the map with clouds is put in afterwards.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.