Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What about a rating option? - Minitokyo

What about a rating option?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

What would you people think of a rating option of your work?
i like the idea of that, that would make your work not to be forgotten into the vasts archives of MT.
There are some great pieces in there that are just forgotten because visitors are sometimes very lazy.

besides is really comfortable to get evaluated numerically:P

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Cloudnine

neko mimi modo~!

Rating systems don't work simply because art can't be measured with numbers~ It creates animosity between wallers and beginners since everyone always wants full scores and not everyone will get it =O

i think it's fine the way it is now~~ The waller can judge for themselves what others think by their words, not by digits, cubes, hearts or stars. People become creative with their comments instead of just leaving a score and "It's nice."

Plus there are many ways at MT for your work to get noticed (userpage, top favorites, other "submissions box" on the left, recent submissions on the frontpage) It's much better than other sites I've been to (Deviantart, Animeonline, etc) since minitokyo is built around graphic arts, wallpapers, forums and resources.

i tihnk having a rating system will only have negative effects in that with it most people will leave not as constructive comments, since they can just leave a number value. anyways, if the wall is good people will fav it.

AH-Zeruel

AH-Zeruel

Bishounen Angel Hunter

;_; thats easy to say to great artists like you...
well youve got some points, i guess ill have to work harder... to get to those favorite walls.

Go Then- Said the Angel -And Leave This World to Those Who Trully Care-
Signature

..::Hispanime::.. El acento que faltaba .. . .. ..::Wallpaper Critique Club::.. Start of a New Journey
..::Ecchi-Club::.. Proud member :')

Other forums have had similiar systems that I thought worked well. It wasn't necessairly rating the art per say as it was giving the author a relative idea of how he or she was improving based on earlier work. I don't see that as a bad thing. Maybe the option of an wall paper author enacting a rating system rather than forcing it across the board would be a better approach. IC

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.