Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 [*.:.FTP Help.:.*] - Minitokyo

[*.:.FTP Help.:.*]

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Hiyo. I need help with something in the "file transfer program" and my website.
See, i am a little confused as to how to link page to page on my website.
Loveless Rhapsody
This site is still in a lot need of progress..but i do have a problem.
Okay. the first page you see has been named as "index.htm" . Which appears to be fine. Now my problem is how to link to my other pages. See, i transfered "about.htm" through the FTP program, now what? I dont know what address to write in the links coding on my index.htm page. Therefore i dont know how to link it. I tried typing in kanzenai.endlessrain.org/about.htm but that did not work, neither did about.htm work when i placed it for the link.
Is there anyone out there who can possibley talk me through this..

I dont know whethere i have to add the about.htm into a special folder in my FTP or not.
^.^

when you work on html, you should have all your pages in one folder, so when you're gonna link to them just need to type "<a href=name.hml>blah blah</a>". You upload this folder with all its contents to the host and the links should work fine.

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightwhen you work on html, you should have all your pages in one folder, so
when you're gonna link to them just need to type "&lt;a
href=name.hml&gt;blah blah&lt;/a&gt;". You upload this folder with all
its contents to the host and the links should work fine.

See..thats the problem..i have the about.htm folder in the kanzenai folder..along with the index.htm one..as well..
i typed before
<a href=about.hm>-About the site</a>
but it never worked..

it might be a problem with the host, try linking it after its been uploaded, get the actual adrees of it once its online and running, and link to that one.

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightit might be a problem with the host, try linking it after its been
uploaded, get the actual adrees of it once its online and running, and
link to that one.

It is already uploaded, i just dont know what the address to the file is..is it kanzenai.endlessrain.org/about.htm or something else..i've tried that address but it wont work at all..

find out what the adress is, are you using the host's FTP plugin? or are you using your own software?

Signature Image

Tantaga

Tantaga

Will Eat Your Children

It could also just be a problem with the coding itself. Often times, one mis-type early on can create an error in the future. Another thing you may want to look into is making the files .html, instead of .htm because some servers are screwy about that. Also, what FTP program are you using? I use SmartFTP ... it works really well.

One thing I do, is put all the main pages of the site in public access folder, not in seperate folders themselves. Then I place all of the content within their own seperate folders within the public access page. Keeps thing more organized I suppose. I'm not sure how your server has this set-up, so the wording may be different. Have you tried typing in the whole address of where you are trying to link to? By that I mean the, http://www.kanzenai.endlessrain.org/about.html ... sometimes including the http://www. may do the trick.

Bleh ^_^' .

Signature Image

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

FTP help!! i just need that, see i'm creating subdomains for some staff members of www.ever-falling.net.tc
and i'm not sure how to login... tt.tt (with FTP i mean)

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

Quote by sukieFTP help!! i just need that, see i'm creating subdomains for some staff members of www.ever-falling.net.tc

your host should provide you with your user name, its usually domainname.hostname.net/com

and it usually lets you create your own pass

Signature Image

mado

mado

Ikaika

sorry cant help you here buddy T_T

Me Ke Aloha Pau Ole A Hui Hau
( With Everlasting Love And Affection Until We Meet Again.)

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Quote by madosorry cant help you here buddy T_T

sorry, too!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

err .. toxic .. gomen .. i can't help you in this .. cause lizzie = baka compie >.<

but !!! i notice a spelling mistake !! ^_^'

there's a typo for naruto XD

ugh .. gomen >_<

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

Quote by SharinganKnight

Quote by sukieFTP help!! i just need that, see i'm creating subdomains for some staff members of www.ever-falling.net.tc

your host should provide you with your user name, its usually domainname.hostname.net/com
and it usually lets you create your own pass

well i know the username and pass...just not how to use smart ftp...tt.tt

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.