Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Flight combat sims - Minitokyo

Flight combat sims

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Holt

Holt

pffft

Hello
Does anyone know any really good flight combat sims? I'm looking for modern types, not WWII kind of thing. With good graphics and gameplay. I don't mind if it's really simple or really realistic and complicated.
I appreciate any recommendations ^-^

Signature Image

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

GL-117 is a very fun open-source action flight sim.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I don't really play those but Starwars:Battlefront and Starwars:Battlefront 2 has a bit on flight battles. Although it is not the main point of the game, it is an important part of the battle. I'm sorry, this is the best flight simulator game I know. Obviously these aircrafts do not exist becasue they are from SW universe.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

The new Falcon 4.0, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force is what your looking for. Be warned though, it is VERY VERY complex. Think 200+ page manual complex

Also LOMAC (Lock On: Modern Air Combat) by the makers of IL2 Sturmovik is a good one. Great graphics and good gameplay, but you better have the computer for it.

Hmm those are all the modern combat sims I know of. Nobody really wants to play modern combat sims anymore because its just too easy. Push a button and hope the enemy doesnt use flares/chaff.

Falcon 4.0: Allied Force is your best bet. Go over to www.simhq.com and check out their SIX PART review of Falcon 4.0: AF. Each part is like 10 pages long and comes with tons of screenshots and stuff. Its right up your alley.

If you have a PS2, try Ace Combat 5.

I agree. I haven't played Ace Combat 5 yet, but 4 was just awesome. I've heard a lot of good things about 5 as well.

fyi: Ace Combat 4 is part of the PS2 Greatest Hits collection, so you should be able to find it for fairly cheap

Holt

Holt

pffft

Ah but I have no consoles. Just PC :(

Signature Image

Try Flight Simulator 2000 for the PC. I only played 1999, but it was still fun. So try that game.

Holt Im telling you, Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Its what your looking for. Forget those arcade console games (hey I like the Ace Combat series but it is NOT a sim, its an arcade game. Tis but a shadow of a REAL sim).

And DONT play Flight Simulator 2000. hehe get Flight Simulator 2004. Better in every way. Too bad you cant mount guns on your Cessna.

Flight Unlimited 3 was also good. Had the best Air Traffic Control system of any sim I ever played (That being Pro Pilot, X-Plane, Flight Simulator 5.0, Flight Simulator 6.0, Flight Simulator 95, Flight Simulator 98, Flight Simulator 2000, Flight Simulator 2002, Flight Simulator 2004, Flight Unlimited 2, Flight Unlimited 3, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, IL-2 Sturmovik, Aces Over the Pacific, European Air War, World War 2 Online, and most of their expansion packs.)

I have also played Ace Combat, Ace Combat 2, Ace Combat 3, Ace Combat 4, and Ace Combat 5. Great games but they are NOT sims.

Holt....Falcon 4.0 Allied Force. Its what you want.

Holt

Holt

pffft

Ahh Hardcore flight sim fan eh? Just tried the demo of Modern air combat. Really complicated!
I can't even begin to imagine F4:AF
I'll have to read up more to even start flying! x_x I'm such a noob.
Haha ace combats were really fun games but yeah they're not sims. Waaaaay too simple. Are they available on the PC though?

Signature Image

Nope they arent. Shame. You can try Battlefield 2 which is just as arcade-like as the Ace Combat Series but you fight real people instead of AI.

Holt

Holt

pffft

Yeah I already play BF2. Great game. But flyings just a small part. It's mainly ground combat. A flying game similar to ace combat where it's simple, but you fly all the time was what I was looking for.
Hey, since you're pretty knowledgable about games, do you also know any Gundam games or mech games like zone of the enders which are on the PC?

Signature Image

Mech games? What kind of mechs do you like? The Gundam kind or the Battletech kind?

I know of a few mech games, but mainly the best ones are the Mechwarrior games. I think Armored Core was on PC at one time. Anime style mech games arent really that popular on PC because really, anime-style mechs are too robust for reality. Hard and dirty mechs from Battletech are more believable IMO.

There is the Heavy Gear series (Heavy Gear 1 and 2), umm....There is Robotech Invasion, Sakura Taisen, Battle Engine Aquila is a good one, umm....Slave Zero is another, and there was going to be a Zone of the Enders game for the PC but it got cancelled.

Other than that the PC mech genre is owned by Mechwarrior. Mechwarrior 3 and 4 were good. Mechwarrior 4 Mercs was a good one too. Tribes 2 was good as well. Starseige is old but its a mech game nonetheless.

That is all I got.

There's an old PC game I used to play called (I believe) Strike Commander. I'm not entirely positive about the title since it was borrowed from a friend, but it was pretty decent for its time. You play as a mercenary group if I remember correctly and you can use your money to buy and equip your planes.

Some of its features are red out and blackout for hitting too many g's for prolonged periods of time. Also has chauff and flare availability for evading missles. I think it was a DOS game (I ran it on my DOS/Win 3.1 Pentium 100MHz at the time when that was a pretty top of the line comp).

If you are able to find it (either in a bargain bin or online), you should be able to get it for just a few bucks.

Holt

Holt

pffft

Mechwarrior sounds interesting. But I was looking for more of the slick gundam type mech games. Arrrgh it's a shame they're all only released on Playstations from what I see >_<
Zone of the enders was a truely fun game.

I've got tribes 2. But that's a multiplayer FPS game.
Thanks for the help. I've got plenty to look into :)

Signature Image

Ahh Gforce strike commander rocked!!

i loved that game. I always felt good when I had enough money to buy a ton of amraam missiles for my F16.

Great sim and fun role-playing.

Holt

Holt

pffft

I expect its really old with crap graphics though :(

Signature Image

Yeah but still, its graphics rocked for the day. It was a tough game too. Had to attacked 6 Aegis cruiser on your own once. That was super hard because they kept launching radar guided missiles at you. Your chaff ran out quick on that map and flares do didly against radar guided missiles.

Would you believe that my screen name (which I have been using since 1996) was derived from that game? I thought that game was the coolest thing at the time (and I agree, it is very difficult), and so while reading through the manual, I cam across the red/blackout part and how it relates to g forces and figured that would be a cool name to go by. Who would have thought I'd still be using it today, heh.

Dang... I really feel like playing that game now... thanks for the nostalga XP

Hah! You dont say. Did you ever play the expansion pack? Instead of flying an F-16 you flew an f-22. Yep that was a fun game.

It was also dramatic for a sim. Had all that soap opera drama inbetween missions. Loved it.

Never played the expansion. Now you have me looking for that too ;)

Quote by gpo1zephyranthesIf you have a PS2, try Ace Combat 5.

yeah try this its kick ass very real graphics you get to buy better planes and theres missions and its just awsome

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.