Marvel Enterprises now "Marvel Entertainment"

page 1 of 1 5 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Cancel

Quote:
Marvel, the home of Spider-Man and X-Men, has a new name and 10 new movies in development, Variety reported. With its $525 million debt facility from Merrill Lynch closed, the company is changing its name from Marvel Enterprises to Marvel Entertainment, reflecting its new business producing and financing movies internally without a studio partner.

Here's perhaps the best bit...

Quote:
Marvel has identified 10 new characters and groups it will develop as potential feature franchises to produce itself: Captain America, the Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak and Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi.

scared at the thought that they may end up just churning out movies based on characters they have made and all end up second rate, i mean 10 in the works? have they discarded the term "Quality over quantity"?

Signature Image

Cancel

A more suitable name I guess since their main income now comes from making movies from the characters they have.

• Sep 13, 2005

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Cancel

im not really concerned about the name, just moreso what they will end up being

Signature Image

Cancel

I think they should pick a couple of titles and just stick with those. More in particular, X-men and Spiderman. Fantastic Four was decent for what it was I suppose. Daredevil sucked, Elektra sucked, Hulk flopped, Punisher was okay I guess. I too hope they don't just decide to make a movie with every comic title/character they've had.

Next thing you know, DC is gonna start making Aquaman movies or something >.<
Although the newest Batman movie was a huge improvement over the last ones that came out. Hopefully they'll stop playing musical chairs with the actors, heh. Anyways, I'm starting to get off topic so I'll stop here. :x

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Cancel

not at all

i enjoyed Daredevil, which is lucky cause i bought the DVD on release even though i hadnt seen it before XD

Hulk was meh, and very slow to start with

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.