Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Marvel Enterprises now "Marvel Entertainment" - Minitokyo

Marvel Enterprises now "Marvel Entertainment"

page 1 of 1 5 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Quote:
Marvel, the home of Spider-Man and X-Men, has a new name and 10 new movies in development, Variety reported. With its $525 million debt facility from Merrill Lynch closed, the company is changing its name from Marvel Enterprises to Marvel Entertainment, reflecting its new business producing and financing movies internally without a studio partner.

Here's perhaps the best bit...

Quote:
Marvel has identified 10 new characters and groups it will develop as potential feature franchises to produce itself: Captain America, the Avengers, Nick Fury, Black Panther, Ant-Man, Cloak and Dagger, Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, Power Pack and Shang-Chi.

scared at the thought that they may end up just churning out movies based on characters they have made and all end up second rate, i mean 10 in the works? have they discarded the term "Quality over quantity"?

Signature Image

A more suitable name I guess since their main income now comes from making movies from the characters they have.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

im not really concerned about the name, just moreso what they will end up being

Signature Image

I think they should pick a couple of titles and just stick with those. More in particular, X-men and Spiderman. Fantastic Four was decent for what it was I suppose. Daredevil sucked, Elektra sucked, Hulk flopped, Punisher was okay I guess. I too hope they don't just decide to make a movie with every comic title/character they've had.

Next thing you know, DC is gonna start making Aquaman movies or something >.<
Although the newest Batman movie was a huge improvement over the last ones that came out. Hopefully they'll stop playing musical chairs with the actors, heh. Anyways, I'm starting to get off topic so I'll stop here. :x

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

not at all

i enjoyed Daredevil, which is lucky cause i bought the DVD on release even though i hadnt seen it before XD

Hulk was meh, and very slow to start with

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.