Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is Suicide Selfish? - Minitokyo

Is Suicide Selfish?

page 5 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

i think it depends on the reasons for suicide if it is selfish or not. if somebody has been a real ass and made other poeple's lives hell and is finally getting the result, then it is selfish as it upsets those close to that person, but if somebosy is getting grief and abuse for no reason then it isnt selfish because they dont deserve what they are getting and need to get out

personally i dont agree with suicide because no matter how bad life is it cant be worse than not existing at all.

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

No its selfish no matter how you look at it. Takes more courage to stay alive. Suicide to me is a cowardly act.

Signature

GenmaSaotome

lover not a fighter

I had a good friend who shot herself in the head a little less than a year ago. It's fine to have a BS opinion on things like this but its got nothing to do with personal philosophy. Suicide has absolutely no effect on the person who commits the act. In fact it just negates any positve or negative effects. The people left behind are left to wonder if they could have been there to save that person from themselves. It hurts so bad to think about what she was thinking that night and when I do I only find myself wondering if I could'nt have done more. The whole thing has left me pretty drained.....but I can't condone in any way what she did. She just left all of us here, to continue alone.

if you want kill yourself do it...anyway thats ain't gonna change the world
if its what the person realy want he shouldn't be thinking "what about others"
i don't give a sh*t about what other ppl think about me...i just care what i think..no one else going to tell me how to do the things or what i should do or if what i'm going to do is right or worng .

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

Mant

Title? What's this?

In my opinion, suicide is simple an idiotic action.
There are bunch of peoples who could give away their right eyes to live the life his or her are willingly giving away.
Suicide is nonsense.

Signature Image Ai

well, in some aspects it is selfish
I do not know if there would be any situation when I would kill myself...
I am not sure how I would react if I had a deadly disease. I am too much a coward as to fight till the end.
but maybe someone's spirits start immediately when it is a life or death question

I knew someone who wanted to commit suicide just because she was a spoilt little brat and things were not going the way she wanted them to. and she hated school. thought this was just a selfish act as she had no real reason to do it.

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

it is totally selfish becoz you take away the loving of those who love you. you take away their love for you. and that is bad./

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Quote by GenmaSaotomeI had a good friend who shot herself in the head a little less than a year ago. It's fine to have a BS opinion on things like this but its got nothing to do with personal philosophy. Suicide has absolutely no effect on the person who commits the act. In fact it just negates any positve or negative effects. The people left behind are left to wonder if they could have been there to save that person from themselves. It hurts so bad to think about what she was thinking that night and when I do I only find myself wondering if I could'nt have done more. The whole thing has left me pretty drained.....but I can't condone in any way what she did. She just left all of us here, to continue alone.

Wow, thats so sad, sorry to hear that. Dont blame yourself though. Wasnt your fault.

Signature

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

I'd say that it is selfish.

As you live you make so many connections with people you meet, whether friends or enemies.
When you commit suicide you cut all those connections you made, without the people's consent.
If the person who commited suicide says he doesn't have friends or someone that he/she cares about (and vice versa), he's a liar.

No matter how ugly/sad/horrible you think you are, there is someone somewhere who will care about you. You commit suicide then you remove the chance of meeting the one who you would've cared about and vice versa, thus SELFISH.

Life has its ups and downs, don't just give up life. Hang in there and things will get better.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Yes and it is a terrible thing to do. You are thinking aobut how others will think after it. It is never the answer to one's problems.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Syngo

Syngo

Laughing in my head 24/7.

I think suicide is only justifiable in situations where you are about to be tortured, raped, eaten alive, etc of that sort involving a very painful, prolonged death. Or, to defend your honor, such as if you know that a valuable secret and told someone that used it to his/her advantage for evil, or to cause evil. Other than that, the human body and mind can deal with other hardships differently.

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Yes...suicide is selfish. You bring grief to those who love you and care about you. Suicide is just wrong...no matter what your reasons were for it. I've no religion so it may be not right when I say this, but people who suicide are somewhat "playing God."

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." - Reno911 (stupid as this show is, I happened to find this quote wonderful)

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

definitely selfish.. someone who attempts it only thinks about his/her problems that are about to meet an abrupt end, but never about the people who are and love him/her.. i hate suiciders to be honest

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

Yeah it is...selfish, also the person is weak, what ever problem he/she is facing , and cant deal with it...then chooses suicide...hate these people...suicide bombers are worse...they take lives with them...

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

shinorei

shinorei

Noob Queen.

Suicide is death and death is considered selfish.
It doesn't matter actually, but for the person who committed suicide, I would say that the person is naive for throwing away their life so easily.
Even for those people who have no family or friends, comitting suicide because of loneliness doesn't solve anything. It creates more problems for the society and some dude has to bury your body for you, without knowing who you are.

Signature

suicide? maybe, maybe not...it depends
if you're suffering from unbearable pain and there's no one there for you, why not?
but still...it's selfish..dunno

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

cenocres

cenocres

a blind witness

i can't say if suicide is selfish or not. maybe, this question has no sens. i'm very sorry! you live your life as you want, or as you can. whatever the others think, this is YOUR life! it's your problem if you want to disappear like that.
no, maybe, the good question is: Is suicide a proof of courage or a proof of cowardness?
i can't tell anything about it. i'm lucky, because i don't know anybody, who has done this. sometimes, i think it needs a great courage, because i'm afraid to die, and sometimes, i feel coward, because i don't want to fight, and find a new solution to feel better...
i hope that you understand what i want to say...

libre de tous ses carcans,
il se leva et partit vers l'ouest.
plus rien ne le retenait, maintenant

Well I think it's kind of selfish even if I wouldn't use selfish first. It's more being hopeless.

Signature

TimCHell

TimCHell

Fluffaluffagus

Humans are inherently selfish. It's just the way every species is programmed.

El Numero Uno, right?

The people left behind when someone dies are all upset, but they're not upset for the person that has died. They are upset that the person who is now deceased has left them alone.

That is just as selfish to me as willingly leaving others behind. In fact, it may be more so for the simple reason that every person has the right to make their own decisions on what to do with their lives, if they want to kill themselves, then I say go for it.

It's callous perhaps, but true. Humans will think of themselves first. It's perfectly natural.

But most people feel guilty for this, and consequently that they have to martyr themselves or sacrifice over and over again for another's benefit.

There has to be a balance. If everyone just took care of themselves as much as they try and care for others, people would be a little better off.

That's my take on it anyway.

The following statement is true.
The above statement is false.

"The unconcious mind may include all man's past; but it also includes all his future." - Colin Wilson

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Yeah, it is!
Coz you think about your own satisfaction!
what about our family and friends? we think that they're gonna feel lot better without us but it's not true.
we are supposed to have propose in this life, and that's not certanly die.

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

shiarou

i am alive again!

i im really against suicide, no matter what situations are. Even if it is like a sacrifice for others. It is selfish because you decide to die by yourself, without thinking what others will feel. However, when there is a time when your death saves so many, or changes the world, how can that be selfish.

what is loneliness anyway?

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

Living is inherently selfish, so why would suicide be more selfish than anything else? You eat to sustain yourself, you buy things because you like them or want them, you live a life for yourself. Why would choosing to end that life be more selfish than eating? I'm not advocating suicide, but I think that if the decision is well made and thought carefully over... It is more selfish of friends and family to want to keep a loved one in life, for their own benefit, than to let someone go. They can try and help as much as they can, and if it helps, that's great. But if a person truly does not want to live, than it's their inalienable right to choose death. And those bigoted religious people have to butt out of people's private lives. How dare they say that "God" forbids suicide? How do they know, anyway?

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

Yumi-Chan

Yumi-Chan

chibi~ <3

i find suiciding a rather ridiculous thing to do. i once wanted to hurt myself til i die coz i was sad over some ****ing personal reason. my boyfriend cried and told me not to and he told me i was 'baka' to do so. at first i know suiciding was stupid, i was stubborn i guess. so now im pretty much against it. whenever a friend breaks up with her loved one, she'll feel angry and upset. she'll be all "I want to die. I don't deserve to live anymore without him.." it gets on my nerves. now i realise that life is important coz it's given. why not treasure it, and live on even though we've failed in a certain ..thing? (couldn't find a proper word) i've learnt now, life's not that fair to us hehe and we must accept that. so say no to suiciding =) !

in the end, you'll also make people worry about you and what not, shed a bucket full of tears. don't just think about yourself, what about others like our family. haven't they took care of us, fed us and so on? appreciate what people did to us, for our own good. don't throw it away as though it's rubbish, so yeah, suiciding is really selfish...

Signature
x.x;; + + +[url="www.digikb.net"]Digikb[/url] + + +
:nya: i <33 mochii-chann ^_^

Cornetvee

Cornetvee

~| LosT WiNgs |~

Suicide's a very selfish act! Haven't anyone who wanted to commit suicide thought of those that love them? How would THEY feel losing a loved one?! Absolutely a no no for me..

Signature
~ If what letters tell are called stories, are unspoken words a dream? ~
Many tnx Milkysan for the wonderful siggy! ;)

page 5 of 7 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » 148 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.