Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 cat owners - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

has your cat ever fell out a window I feel terrible my kitty was chasing bugs and jumped at the screen and it popped out she fell two floors shes never even been outside before I almost had a heart attack now Im afraid to open my windows very far its amazing how she never got hurt if I fell out it I probably would of broke a few bones has anything like this happened to you I mean shes fine but I feel so guilty

Signature Image

its ok to feel guilty for something that happen that you cant help, she'll be ok...sometimes they fall on their feet on long falls, and they hardly get hurt.... this happened to one of my cats before, but sadly it was from 1 story window, but it was long enough for her to hert her back a little... cats love the window, they will miss it alot if you dont open it for them becouse of that reason....just make sure that your screen is in verry tight.... and dont be afraid of her getting back at the window sile....

Eh...you'll be fine. It's just a cat...I mean...I'm sure they have feelings and everything but seriously...you'll get over it one way or another.
Only thing I'm ever worried about with my cat is him not getting food. Once he had to go w/o any for a day and a half and the next morning we found a dead rabbit he had mauled and most likely eaten in the car port. It was pretty cool...blood, guts, and eyballs were everywhere. =P
True Story.

Signature

mahkohime

mahkohime

Not dead yet

:( Whaaaa! Your comment is so mean, Acid! *sniff*

Anyway, I am glad your kitty is okay. A 2-3 story drop is okay for a cat, because it gives them time to land correctly on their feet. A higher drop is bad because of obvious reasons, and a 1 story drop is bad because the cat may not have the time to land correctly. I wouldn't worry too much. Make sure the window screen is tight, and maybe buy a ledge for kitties (sold in a lot of pet stores), and put it up so she doesn't need to lean up on the window so much, even when she's chasing bugs.

My cat used to fall off the counter where his cat food is at because he couldn't make it up there from the ground (because he's so fat...I love him though >.<). I put a chair there to assist him so he won't fall so much (his reaction time is not so good). Now I don't have to worry about hearing so many loud thuds in the kitchen (and they are loud...). I don't have to have anymore near heart attacks from him when he wants to eat now.

Thanks for posting this thread! :pacman:

Signature
"Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain" -Wheel of Time

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Poor kitty, Mine lives safely from any danger......except my dogs... :D

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

o poor kitty its a good thing its ok there was this one time my cat climbed on my shoulders and hes like really big and heavy he weighs like 19 pounds and he was on my shoulders and he dug is claw into my back and i kind of jerked and threw him off of me and he kind of hit the movie cabinet i felt so bad but hes ok

TheFlea

TheFlea

Theres too many of them!

If my cat fell out a window I would probobly jump out after her.

Why save the world when you can have just as much fun destroying it?

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by -acid-Eh...you'll be fine. It's just a cat...I mean...I'm sure they have
feelings and everything but seriously...you'll get over it one way or
another.

Cold.. just cold.. especially for me, since I lost a cat, and just 2 weeks before my birthday, too.. T_T It was confirmed that my cat was poisoned.. by what, we will never know..

Quote by TheFleaIf my cat fell out a window I would probobly jump out after her.

Hehe, I'd probably do the exact same thing. XD Luckily, I don't live in something like a block of flats, (or as you Americans say, appartments) so I wouldn't kill myself, too badly. XD

All I can tell you, shadowcat23, is to be careful and keep an eye out on where your cat is. If it gets too close for comfort, move the cat away a little, or close the window.

Signature
Avatar, Signature Image and Userpage Layout by k1ru.

Dremon

Dremon

Aries

I've lived with cats my whole life. They can be retards but I think it should be safe to leave the window open. You might wanna' purchase a sturdier sceen though. That's a given. You'd be surprised what those things could live thru though.

Signature
I'd be a fox girl if I could. But everyone loves cat girls! I feel no love...

She said the cat was fine =/

Signature

If it was a kitty, it may have been dangerous for it. Hopefully it would probably be more careful now.

And anyone don't jump after your cat, first you'll probably will more hurted from the heigth and second you may also hurt your cat.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by alminaAnd anyone don't jump after your cat, first you'll probably will more
hurted from the heigth and second you may also hurt your cat.

XD Point taken. I wouldn't jump out after my cat, though.. I have this thing about heights and jumping from them.. >>; I would be horrificlly concerned for the cat, though, even if they are good at landing on their feet without many injuries.

@ -acid-, I'm pretty sure I saw that, too. Just making pointers so it doesn't happen again. XD Wouldn't want her to be in the same position again, would we? XD

Signature

My cat was fat and lazy and was always by my side. I would get a lazer light and have my cat chase it all around the house. He had moments where he came close to falling off high areas and each and every time, my heart jumped. even though i knew he would be alright.

sometimes he really would fall off and my heart would jump but i would also laugh and start throwing stuff at it for being so stupid and clumzy. "Stupid animal"

LOL I was there when it happened and I actually warned Lily but your cats bad and doesnt listen.hehe.Anyways do you remember when I let luigi and shadow outside for the first time.shadow clung to the deck for dear life but luigi ran up a tree and jumped on a branch that couldnt hold him.He fell out of the tree from pretty high up and the only thing he hurt was his pride. :D

my baby is not bad shes just stubborn

Signature Image

XianPu

XianPu

Ni Hao

I love my kitty. Spaz. He's a moron, but he's so damn cute. He's my baby. ^_^

MiniMog

MiniMog

My.Sweet.Serenity

Quote by colleenerbLOL I was there when it happened and I actually warned Lily but your
cats bad and doesnt listen.hehe.Anyways do you remember when I let
luigi and shadow outside for the first time.shadow clung to the deck
for dear life but luigi ran up a tree and jumped on a branch that
couldnt hold him.He fell out of the tree from pretty high up and the
only thing he hurt was his pride. :D

Haha! That sort of reminds me of my Felix and Blue, when Felix was alive. Blue was always the calm, and cool one, not doing anything out of the ordinary, and Felix just darted around. He even got stuck up a tree several times. XD Those are the good memories I hold close to me of him.

Signature

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

My cat is very naughty too, often has struck itself against the screens of my windows treating to catch small lizards, well, that isn't a serious problem, other times it fall out from the windows to the street because are open, but I don't care, cuz' he still alive XP

Poor cat, and now that you mentioned this, I should keep my cat away from the balcony, he likes to stick his head out and look around >.<

imadothacker

imadothacker

imadothacker

no nothin like that happened to me but i would be afrid that my kitty might have gotten scared or hurt then traumatized by it

Yume101

Yume101

Intertwining Destinies

My kitty hasn't fallen out of a window, but he's had some near-shots with cars and whatnot. I HATE it when he wakes me up in the middle of the night with those claws of his. I yell at him all the time, but deep down I know I love him. He always gets a hug and a kiss from me in the end. ^.^ He leaves for like three days at a time, and then comes back for food and a bed. I remember when he was a kitten, and he was afraid to go outside... *sigh* How fast they grow...

~ The light cannot live without the darkness, and the darkness cannot live without the light.
~ There is darkness... within every heart.
~ Nothing in this world is completely pure or completely dirty.
~ The world is better seen in shades of grey.

sharpedge

sharpedge

ohmygodI'monfire

poor little kitty, I'm glad it didnt got huet :D I think its because they fall in their legs every time they fall

oxxx{:::::::::::::::::> sharpedge <:::::::::::::::::}xxxo
Signature
Thanks a great lot to Philyra for making me such wonderful avatar and signature
"In order to understand the meaning of your existence you must first understand the meaningless of your existence"

Quote by -acid-Eh...you'll be fine. It's just a cat...I mean...I'm sure they have feelings and everything but seriously...you'll get over it one way or another.
Only thing I'm ever worried about with my cat is him not getting food. Once he had to go w/o any for a day and a half and the next morning we found a dead rabbit he had mauled and most likely eaten in the car port. It was pretty cool...blood, guts, and eyballs were everywhere. =P
True Story.

*LOL* that's funny
*ahem*...*cough cough*

I'm kidding....seriously I am glad your cat is okay Shadowcat23 You better keep um away from the window. I worry about my Kyo too, but he's a big boy and he's originally a stray...so I know he can take care of himself.

I am nothing but trouble...
Signature

my cat often jumps out of the window, but hey: she's outside 12h a day anyway, i don't want to know what she's doing outside . . . well, actually i'm very curious to know about. my cat didn't bring any rabbits so far, but many moles and (it#s true) a bat! i don't even know where to find bats around here :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.