Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to make a cloud type feeling? - Minitokyo

How to make a cloud type feeling?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Hi minna. I need a bit of help here ^_^;;
I want to know how to make as if someone is sleeping or resting on the clouds and we are looking at here downwards...
Pls a bit of help her. Is there any tutorials or etc. that can help?

I am planning to make a wallpaper using this. Pls help again and thx. :D

Signature

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Doing a simple 2D vector of them, and then playing with filters is one way that I actually just used on my last wallpaper. It came out quite well, actually.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I did a wallpaper of this style for Aa! My Goddess. The way I went around doing it is:
1) Find some good stock photographs of clouds. I went to Stock Exchange and scanned through probably several dozen pages of cloud stocks before finding some very nice fluffy images. I think I snagged at least 5-6 different pictures.
2) Mesh the stocks to make one large cloud mattress/platform the character lies upon. Basically, I just arranged the stocks (no single stock was large enough on its own to serve as the cloud bed) so that they made a larger cloud bed, with judicious erasing (use a very soft brush for this. Better yet, make a mask and erase that. If you mess up, you can just fix the mask) so that all the pieces blend into a single picture.
3) Overlap some clouds over the character. You'll need a cloud brush, I think I just took a sample from the cloud stocks to make the brush (there are plenty of tutorials on how to make custom brushes, it's a pretty easy task.) Add a little bit of white/grey/cream/whatever color your cloud is brushing over areas where the character would 'sink' into the cloud (clothes directly over the cloud, elbows, knees, feet, hands, hair, etc.) This will give the illusion that the character is sitting within the cloud, not floating over it.
4) Refine as necessary, with brushing erasing, fixing of levels, colors, hues, whatever you need to do in order to perfect the image.
Hope this is of help!

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.