Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Why must love be so difficult? - Minitokyo

Why must love be so difficult?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

undeadsymphony

undeadsymphony

anti-human

love isn't hard to find, its finding somebody who loves you back that's the real kicker.
or heck even somebody who likes you back -_-'

Signature Image
music of the spiritually dead; the eternally restless.

kamikaze6491

kamikaze6491

This is my DEMISE

Sometimes it's called kamra....Sometimes its just charisma...No matter how hard you try love just doesn't happen. Everything seems to be in the hands of God and Fate...So my mother told me after someone broke my heart...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by kamikaze6491Sometimes it's called kamra....Sometimes its just charisma...No matter how hard you try love just doesn't happen. Everything seems to be in the hands of God and Fate...So my mother told me after someone broke my heart...

Maybe but I doubt that truly is the answer.

Quote by undeadsymphonylove isn't hard to find, its finding somebody who loves you back that's the real kicker.
or heck even somebody who likes you back -_-'

Yes I already know that fact. That however was not the answer to which I was looking for.

Quote by Kiakodidn't you know? when you look for something, you never find it. and when you
aren't looking for it you'll not only find it but it'll be "stalking" you all the time -.-'

If I knew I wouldn't have made this thread. That is possible, but why then is it that when we do not look for love we do not find it but when we do look for it we sometimes end up finding it?

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Well love is complex. I think the msot important thing about love is trust! without it ur doomed.

gel-chan

gel-chan

Pastaaaa <3

Love Facts
Hmm... Based on my psychology study, the feeling of "love" is produced by the hormone testosterone then you feel all of the sudden weird, it makes you not wanna sleep and eat that's because of the brain chemical norepinephrine.

Love is not that hard. If somebody turned you down. Look on the positive side! Stay optimistic, if this problems get to you you'll probably be always sad and depressed. In my study of psychology I've learned that people who tend to be still happy when they're turned down by someone they love, they have a good life and abundant blessings! They most likely find the "person just for them". So stay happy it's not the end of the world yet! ;)

Signature
"My last sig quote was rather plain so I changed it to something cool like this."
Wings-Lovers Administrator, Doujinshi-Support-Club Contestant & The-Ultimate-Coordinator Moderator

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by gel-chanLove Facts
Hmm... Based on my psychology study, the feeling of "love" is produced by the hormone testosterone then you feel all of the sudden weird, it makes you not wanna sleep and eat that's because of the brain chemical norepinephrine.
Love is not that hard. If somebody turned you down. Look on the positive side! Stay optimistic, if this problems get to you you'll probably be always sad and depressed. In my study of psychology I've learned that people who tend to be still happy when they're turned down by someone they love, they have a good life and abundant blessings! They most likely find the "person just for them". So stay happy it's not the end of the world yet! ;)

Why won't you people frickin read what I posted in bold.
I say again for the 3rd time This is not about me searching for love this is a general question I have come up with after several observations on my collage campus

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature

Love is difficult to find, but the harder one tries to get it, the least likely they are to succeed in actually grasping it. This is probably because desperation is a turnoff. Plus, it must be difficult so that the reward becomes that much more special. There are illusions in the mind regarding love as a lost cause, but I guess it's not that surprising since there are so many people unlucky in love.

sakura-chi

sakura-chi

~Dark Angel~

i dont really think your professor was right. fine, actually i somewhat agree with them but at the same time i dont. from personal experience, a guy turns you down depending how he really feels about you.

anyway, i think love is difficult to find because we always picture the perfect person. we want that someone to be really special so therefore you reject like every person until you find that special someone. Although we have an illusion about it, a lot of people aren't going to wait. Just find a person who you really care for and that's all you really need. well, that's a lie but whatever.

I think love is more confusing then it is hard to find. When you do find it, it's kinda hard to understand. I find myself questioning it all the time. Guess love's just crazy.

Maybe it's just another emotion but with this emotion it has a lot more meaning in it. Or maybe it's all the emotions combined. Hell I don't know. But I do find that guys get hurt more then girls do. I don't know why though. It just seems to effect them more then girls do. I wish I could answer but I'm not a guy. ^_^'

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by AlishaI think love is more confusing then it is hard to find. When you do find it, it's kinda hard to understand. I find myself questioning it all the time. Guess love's just crazy.
Maybe it's just another emotion but with this emotion it has a lot more meaning in it. Or maybe it's all the emotions combined. Hell I don't know. But I do find that guys get hurt more then girls do. I don't know why though. It just seems to effect them more then girls do. I wish I could answer but I'm not a guy. ^_^'

T_T my first question has been answered but now the second stil remains unanswered

Signature

True love is elusive because we are all unique individuals, and the best complement for each unique person is an equally unique person.
Someone's true love is one of a kind in a sea of millions and billions of others. Given those odds, i'd say a person finding their special someone comes mostly down to luck.

Quote by SpystreakI ask this based on something my professor said. He said that guys will be less likely to turn down a girl if she is asking him out. On the contrary girls are more likely to turn a guy down then accept his offer to go out. Based on that we have this fear of rejection. Is this true I do not know this is what my professor had stated.

I don't think guys hate being rejected more than girls.
In the sense that if you took an average boy and an average girl and forced them both to ask out someone they liked, I'm sure they'd both equally freak out over the possibility of hearing "no". Afterall, no one hopes to learn that the person they love doesn't want them.

Yet it's true that guys have to fear facing rejection more than girls. It's still common to expect the guy to put himself out there and risk meeting humiliating defeat.

So if a guy truly is more likely to accept, here's a theory I just made up:
I'd imagine it's due to him being so greatly elated that he's been spared such a painful process to learn about how a girl feels about him. If he's asked, it's kinda like his lucky day. So maybe he thinks something like "why pass up such an unlikely opportunity?", and so accepts.

Girls who are more likely to be asked out will refuse in hopes of being later asked by someone they would prefer. What they want isn't guaranteed to happen, but unlike in a guy's case, being asked out is a more common occurence.

I was going to include an analogy I made up involving icecream, but I thought I'd spare this thread a ridiculous expansion on this silly theory of mine. :)

No need think so much one lol. When the time comes, you'll know why love si so difficult and elusive haha.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by cup-of-teaI don't think guys hate being rejected more than girls.
In the sense that if you took an average boy and an average girl and forced them both to ask out someone they liked, I'm sure they'd both equally freak out over the possibility of hearing "no". Afterall, no one hopes to learn that the person they love doesn't want them.

Yet it's true that guys have to fear facing rejection more than girls. It's still common to expect the guy to put himself out there and risk meeting humiliating defeat.

So if a guy truly is more likely to accept, here's a theory I just made up:
I'd imagine it's due to him being so greatly elated that he's been spared such a painful process to learn about how a girl feels about him. If he's asked, it's kinda like his lucky day. So maybe he thinks something like "why pass up such an unlikely opportunity?", and so accepts.

Girls who are more likely to be asked out will refuse in hopes of being later asked by someone they would prefer. What they want isn't guaranteed to happen, but unlike in a guy's case, being asked out is a more common occurence.

I was going to include an analogy I made up involving icecream, but I thought I'd spare this thread a ridiculous expansion on this silly theory of mine.

That is quite possible that is the reason. It's hard to say though since every guy and girl is different. Also not every gilr is the same so that can't be used as a general assuption as to why girls turn down guys more then they do with girls.

Signature

diana86

diana86

|||TwinSoul|||

T_T if you'd never get hurt then you'd never realized how much you have love T_T i learned that the hard way.... T_T T_T

Signature
In that special place between the earth and sky...

theres many different ways to approach the search for love: go out and look, dont look and hope it finds you, or look and dont look at the same time (or at least act like it). sometimes you get lucky and find it quick, sometimes it may take great amounts of time. It depends on who you are, and what decisions you make. To each his/her own, I would say.

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

1. 'cause if it wasn't hard, there would be no joy in the end (when hard work bears fruit, one can't help but feel good)
2. People tend to eye people that don't pay attention to them, and ignore people that do pay attention to them

Quote by jasaiyajinLove is elusive, but not impossible to attain by the average persistence. Guys are quicker to say yes, cause of an ego boost and sexual prowess, I think. Girls are more feeling oriented, they combine the voice + image of what they see and form an emotion as to whether the guy is worth their time. However, love transcends those if a guy and girl have been friends for a while, but that is not always the case. I, for instance, am sometimes too honest and offend girls often - hehe, I just don't have that same ego or prowess that most have. People are people, so I treat everyone under a prose of honesty.
For instance, I was explicating a vision and accidentally without realizing it called a girl obese, she blew up and hated me instantly forever, while I was dumbfounded from my explication of life. If it's true, it hurts or feel good, then losing friendships doesn't matter. It just signifies that the friendship was not strong enough and that a possible further relationship is impossible.
If I am wrong anywhere here, correct me... I make mistakes, for I am human.

Actually, that can't be too far off (also, humans/men weren't designed for monogamy, that's why guys sexual prowess can be overwhelming)

I tend to repel everyone around me, since I'm so different (if everyone goes into a big crowd, I'll probably be the one outside the crowd).

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

Errmm... maybe One-sided? Lol maybe this is imprinted in everyones' mind that guys gotta ask girls out and all...then erm maybe girls have more choices so obviously choosing who they think is the best? Lolx Hmm then maybe i should say love is choosy

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I thought all you needed was love...I WAS WRONG...very wrong...I'm currently in a healthy loving relationship and religion and believe it or not money are the things in the way....
You maybe have trouble finding love because there are ppl out their who use and abuse others in relationships and this process repeated over and over creates a new user and abuser.... and the cycle continues...
Another reason might be because of todays societies expectation of gender roles. Meaning in engish that a guy has to be a hunk and cute and rich and have a big you know what..It's all bull...same goes for women. So you meet someone that doesn't fit the criteria of society and sub-consciously you think this is no the person or not the right person for me because your trying to fill a whole list with check marks that fit your right person... Throw the list out...start fresh...

Jaszi5

Jaszi5

i think love is difficult because i expect it to be perfect. i expect the person i love or the person who loves me to never harm me, to love me no matter what, despite my faults and downfalls. and in turn, i would do the same thing. my expectations of what love should be highly limits the type of guys i'm willing to say "yes" to. maybe i'm excessively selective, which puts me at fault when saying love is difficult, but that's just my view of things.

"SING like no one's listening, DANCE like no one's watching, LOVE like you've never been hurt."

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by glassreflectioni think love is difficult because i expect it to be perfect. i expect the person i love or the person who loves me to never harm me, to love me no matter what, despite my faults and downfalls. and in turn, i would do the same thing. my expectations of what love should be highly limits the type of guys i'm willing to say "yes" to. maybe i'm excessively selective, which puts me at fault when saying love is difficult, but that's just my view of things.

That is all possible which supposrts the point my professor had made in regards to the poem "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S Eliot. This poem incidently is what got me to write this thread in the first place.
From what people have said it is quite possible that we are to judgemental. WE are to overly critical of what we want to find in that special other that even when we love smacks us in the face we are to blind to see since we are so determined to find this perfect mate.

Signature

Dremon

Dremon

Aries

Finding your true love is hard, but you have to willing to go thru anything to earn and maintain the love of the one you desire. Love can change you into a better person, or destroy you, love is like a two sided coin that sometimes lands on its side. Er' somethin' like that.

Signature
I'd be a fox girl if I could. But everyone loves cat girls! I feel no love...

MJflipgurl125

MJflipgurl125

.::Jewlz::.

love isnt difficult or hard just focus on sumthing and do ur best it duznt take a lot really u just have 2 stay true 2 ur self, keep ur self esteen up or ull just never get love if u dont do this its ez 4 me since mi true love alredy came into mi life it also takes tyme 4 ppl 2 understand thats y ppl dont let it out wen it just starts well thats wat i think but da word 4 it dat i think it shud be is unknown or mysterious

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 46 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.