Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 question for mt ladies. - Minitokyo

question for mt ladies.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well, i know that the community here is made up of a vast majority of people, and not all of those are male, quite a few are female. however, it has always struck me as odd, why exactly is it, that i find multiple scans of scantly clad females being subjugated as objects of lust that have been submitted by women themselves? this degradation of women in the gallery is in part supported by women who submit these images. time and time again i witness protest against this throughout the world, yet time and time again i witness the continuation of this treatment through those who are being treated as such. if i do not want to be seen as an object, but an equal being, should i not disown such acts and not take part in them through various actions? i do not believe in the excuse of, "there is no other option, we have to do this." a woman does not have to be degraded. a woman does not have to feel inferior. a woman does not have to take part in those things that do just that.

sorry. my rant. keep it real real.

Signature

crys

crys

- anime addict -

Well not all woman believe that those images are degrading, plus probably some of the members are lesbian and/or bisexual so they see it as eye candy.

EDIT: Some Ecchi images aren't offending to me, but also a lot of them are. Women shouldn't be treated like objects but there's nothing anyone can really do to stop it fully. There's always going to be that one group or one person that thinks that way so it'll never be gone.

- One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love. -
Signature Image

xange

xange

~white bunny~

So far I haven't seen degraded walls of woman, I wonder if you mean the ecchi, or some walls in specific, you should link us to one so we could see what your referring to exacly. But I agree with you no woman should be degreaded, but rather equal :)

she'll **** you just for the taste

Signature

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

I agree with you smilebit!! No woman should be seen in that manner!!

Quote by crysWell not all woman believe that those images are degrading, plus probably some of the members are lesbian and/or bisexual so they see it as eye candy.

but then again, some women could be lesbian/bi so maybe they like it...
so yeah....but still..women are...precious jewels...o.o or sumthin..

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

here are a few examples, really you just have to look through the female scans section.

http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/58197/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/36773/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/70731/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/101170/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/63485/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/39260/
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/36117/

i just went through the first 5 pages of the female scan section. i don't know if these are actually posted by females, but all are examples of degradation as a sex object.

Signature

crys

crys

- anime addict -

The 2nd and 3rd scans aren't that bad. There's another one I'd consider t obe on the border line, but like Hentai, Ecchi shouldn't be allowed here either.

- One word frees us of all the weight and pain in life. That word is love. -
Signature Image

Some woman enjoy the art itself, not the breasts, unless the feel sexually attracted to it like most men on MT. Personally, i dont really like ecchi that much unless it actually looks beautiful. I have never used ecchi in a submission, but if i do find one..i'll use it.
But i guess this is how the media and society percieves us..woman sometimes are the "sex godesses" of the world. Thats why if a girl sleeps with a man she's a slut, and if a man sleeps with a girl he's a hero. Makes no sense

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

Some feel that it is an art, not even thinking of the sexual or degrading aspect it presents, I mean you won't see me submitting anything like that cuz it's not my thing, but to some it is. It is a free expression, is it not?

Why do you kill the joy of death?

kamikaze6491

kamikaze6491

This is my DEMISE

YOu know what I agree with you...The world's morality is dropping and something needs to be done about it. WTF are you people lesbian? Well there's nothing wrong with homosexuality but still...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

well thanks for the responses. i do think i have my questioned answered now. thanks. keep it real real.

Signature

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

When you use words like "degradation" in your explication of the topic, you assume that there is a higher grade standard of comparison. It is a sneaky was to argue, concealed is the illusive mind hiding behind the art.

I think most of us see the pictures as artistic to a degree, but not degrading. Degrading would be women walking around with collars and dogtags doing men's bidding as dog of a master. Some people have that type of fantasy fetish even, so what can you say to them about degradation?

I think the purpose of your post was just to elaborate an old question that you have not analyzed thoroughly yourself by reason and experience. What value is there in something when we are ashes to ashes, and dust to dust.

-repeat-

Yes, everyone has their own opinions and there is free expression etc. as sjolley and jasaiyajin say/imply. -Unless there are explicit rules banning such behaviour or images, I agree.- However, I think the standards of such a community should be set higher than to allow such "art" to stay.

Just about anything can be considered "art" if a person chooses to look at it that way. Would it be tolerated by society if someone thought that their human-skin wallpapered room was art? Even if that may be on an entirely different level of wrong for you, it's the principle. What is morally incorrect is morally incorrect whether a faction disagrees or not.

It is degrading. Women are depicted as sluts. Someone browsing the gallery sees these images with growing frequency. These images lowers how women on a whole are perceived. It lowers their value.

lol, linking to them might have an alteranate effect, helping the user who uploaded the scan to level up.

Quote by jasaiyajinI think the purpose of your post was just to elaborate an old question that you have not analyzed thoroughly yourself by reason and
experience. What value is there in something when we are ashes to
ashes, and dust to dust.

So...are you saying that we don't need to care about what bothers us because we're all gonna die anyhow? I think the real issue here is what people's values are, whether they think these types of images or ok, or not.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I have once learned an important lesson in Anime Paper that the rights of women didn't matter. When I was in Anime Paper I a radical who argued with some of those perverts out there like Ramsuk about women's rights. I also used the thoughts of Chairman Mao that women hold up half the sky. However that led to my demise of being banned. So I am nutral in this stuff that women should be equal.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

Jesus Christ! You sound like Claire Short!

Everyone likes getting horny!

Claire Short is a fat ugly bizn*tch who hates seeing women better looking than herself.

DSJFX18

DSJFX18

Destiny

Quote by SakuraMonsumiI agree with you smilebit!! No woman should be seen in that manner!!

Quote by crysWell not all woman believe that those images are degrading, plus probably some of the members are lesbian and/or bisexual so they see it as eye candy.

but then again, some women could be lesbian/bi so maybe they like it...
so yeah....but still..women are...precious jewels...o.o or sumthin..

I agree, women shouldn't be seen in that matter. well more like portrayed in that manner.

And..precious jewels? o-O.....

yeh i guess thast true...i respect them alot more than males anyways. (Most, not all)

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

Who says that they do? For example some women strip as a living because its good money and they like it! not because they feel inferior....and art is art...

Jaszi5

Jaszi5

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.