Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you deal with temptation? - Minitokyo

How do you deal with temptation?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Temptations are everywhere. We are bombarded with all sorts of advertisement that try to make us want to buy things we think we need but really when you think about it you can do without.

Are you a person who buy things on a whim? I hope that is not the case because then you're going to have problem maintaining your budget. ^_^'

I'm normally good about that except for one item which I do buy consistently and that is Japanese manga. They are very expensive but I make exception in that it helps me maintain my Japanese reading skill and it gives me pleasure in reading. I figured this is a vice that at least give me some benefits (as my excuse) so what the hell.

If I get an itch to want to buy other things I usually make an effort to wait a week. Usually that is enough to cool my initial passion of wanting it. Oh, yeah. I also consult with my wallet too. If I don't have ready cash then forget it.

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

I guess I'm not old enough to buy much things on my own... don't even have a job. But whenever someone ask me if I want something,(usually food) I politely refuse. But I do have problems in managing my budget. I got 130$ in august, and I gotta save 120$ for next summer. Right now I'm down to 80$. So I gotta make sacrifices until I get that 120$ back, and then I guess I'll save again to buy decorations for my room, video games rental and all those things.

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Rationally, give temptation time to subside.

-repeat-

kawaiikiyomi

kawaiikiyomi

..*trust is for fools*..

i suppose you just think of the consequences of your actions. for me, i always buy DVDs but when i think of the consequences, i stop and control myself. my money was from $480-$70 but then i regained them to $440 so yeah. :) but sometimes you cant really help it.

\"If you were\'nt afraid, you\'d be like Lorcan. He is\'nt afraid because he does\'nt love. To cause such pain you can\'t love or fear, but only crave\"

I'm weak... most of the time I would buy stuff if I have the cash.... but if I don't, I'll leave for when I do have cash. Mostly music CDs ;)

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

Quote by tetsuo211I'm weak... most of the time I would buy stuff if I have the cash....
but if I don't, I'll leave for when I do have cash.

I do exactly the same. When i have money, i'll buy what i want. (anime dvds, mangas, anime goodies, video games)

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

I can pretty much handle myself with temptations, even anime on sale xd!!! Except, silk skirts XD...but you don't see real silk anymore these days so it's hard to come by. Thus, I can just use overly extensive logic ^_^' !

Quote by glassheartI can pretty much handle myself with temptations, even anime on sale
xd!!! Except, silk skirts XD...but you don't see real silk
anymore these days so it's hard to come by. Thus, I can just use overly
extensive logic ^_^' !

We all have a weakness of a sort, don't we? ^_^'

Quote by jasaiyajinRationally, give temptation time to subside.

Good suggestion as long as we can keep it at bay for rational to triumph. :D

Quote by NedelI guess I'm not old enough to buy much things on my own... don't even
have a job. But whenever someone ask me if I want something,(usually
food) I politely refuse. But I do have problems in managing my budget.
I got 130$ in august, and I gotta save 120$ for next summer. Right now
I'm down to 80$. So I gotta make sacrifices until I get that 120$ back,
and then I guess I'll save again to buy decorations for my room, video
games rental and all those things.

In your case it is hard to do budgeting when you don't have steady income. It is not fun when you have to prioritize but I think what you're going through right now will help you down the road. You'll know when to spend and when not to spend. Some of us are not good at that you know. OX

Quote by akuma2002I do exactly the same. When i have money, i'll buy what i want. (anime dvds, mangas, anime goodies, video games)

If I didn't have mortgage, pay monthly on a car, pay insurance, buy food, pay utility etc. I'd do the same too. ^_^'

WMagnus

WMagnus

The Last G1 Destron

Oh! This kind of temptations....I just don't pay attention to them.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by WMagnusOh! This kind of temptations....I just don't pay attention to them.

Really? How do you satisfy your anime cravings? Mangas? DVDs & CDs? ^_^'

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

The internet has helped me so much with the more expensive temptations. Since I started a savings account though, I take pride in having lots of money in there, so that helps a lot too.

Otherwise, when I'm out exploring or shopping, and I see new things I want to try, I indulge. I think it's workth it to experiance new things or enjoy the things you like, as long as you have a set budget (and I always watch my spendings!)

Quote by ShkiraThe internet has helped me so much with the more expensive temptations.
Since I started a savings account though, I take pride in having lots
of money in there, so that helps a lot too. Otherwise, when I'm out
exploring or shopping, and I see new things I want to try, I indulge. I
think it's workth it to experiance new things or enjoy the things you
like, as long as you have a set budget (and I always watch my
spendings!)

Common sense strategy but I wonder how many people follow your method? I basically follow your method after going through once on credit card pitfall and had painfully wonderful time extricating myself. ^_^'

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Prioritize and keep my mind busy.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

storm-dragon-girl

storm-dragon-girl

I am unseen, unheard, & unknown

1st you must think of the consequences or you ignore it. the ignoring mostly works for me

yeah i know what you mean im so bad when it comes to money and the fact that my jobs gives me more than enough for my age. I buy so much pointless stuff i cant seem to stop myself when i want a new set off clothes or im updating my computer. There is always a voice in my head saying it will be alright you can make up the money next pay day but it happens again and again but im not without controle when it comes to important stuff eg bills, or work related materials .

hum..
i think the best way to anti the Temptations
is that don't take any money with you XP

miaowmiaowmiaow

miaowmiaowmiaow

In pursuit of a glorious dream.

If I'm tempted to buy something necessary, I will buy it.
If I'm tempted to buy something edible and expensive, I will think twice about it.
If I'm tempted to buy something edible and cheap and quality, I will buy it.
If I'm tempted to buy something for the sake of Art or Science, I will research it first.
If I'm tempted to buy something for the sake of my hobbies, I will not; I will build it myself.
If I'm tempted to buy something for our projects, I will select the highest quality.
If I'm tempted to buy something for my research, I will certainly do so.
If I'm tempted to buy something for myself, it would be least priority.
If I'm tempted to buy something but I don't have money for next week, I'll postpone it.

Priorities come before visions.
Visions come before assignments.
Assignments come before wants.
Satisfy hunger before everything else.

"Truth is relative"
A statement which is relatively true...

Quote by miaowmiaowmiaowIf I'm tempted to buy something necessary, I will buy it.
If I'm tempted to buy something edible and expensive, I will think twice about it.
If I'm tempted to buy something edible and cheap and quality, I will buy it.
If I'm tempted to buy something for the sake of Art or Science, I will research it first.
If I'm tempted to buy something for the sake of my hobbies, I will not; I will build it myself.
If I'm tempted to buy something for our projects, I will select the highest quality.
If I'm tempted to buy something for my research, I will certainly do so.
If I'm tempted to buy something for myself, it would be least priority.
If I'm tempted to buy something but I don't have money for next week, I'll postpone it.

Priorities come before visions.
Visions come before assignments.
Assignments come before wants.
Satisfy hunger before everything else.

(whistle) Your post is the most logical and organized response. Good for you. :D

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Way to break it down, Miaow! o_o

Lol, mughi, on credit cards, I solve that by using a debit card. Works like credit except it draws directly from my checking right away, so I have to watch myself to avoid overdraft.

I own one credit card. It's the military star card with LOW interest rate. Hardly use it but for big purchases that I want to pay off slowly. Sitting on it right now is my $300 kimono purchase... ^_^;;;

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I like to treat myself every once and a while it can be hard not to give in...If were talken about love making...I never hold back....

Jaszi5

Jaszi5

LJ23

Pimpin' since 1990

How do I deal with temptation? I don't. If I want, I'll buy. 'Nuff said. But if it's like "urges" (sexual), then I endure it until I get home and when no ones around. XD

Thank you RainOfStars for the kick ass signature!
Signature Image

"If you ain't no punk, holla 'we want prenup!' WE WANT PRENUP! YEEUH!"
Gold Digger - Kanye West ft. Jamie Foxx

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

yes is pretty hard deal with the temptations ,especially with the video games , i just can not fight with my mind , doesn't matter if is raining of snowing , and with animes too ,actually not now ,because i found the way to download ,ja,ja,ja , yes but before i used to bought animes in a store in manhattan , , in special ,the serie of saint seiya hades ,and more , but if you are talking about watch a movie for adults , i like think in others things like ,,,mm i can evade the temptation

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I can't. So I tend to keep away from tempting situations.

I hate shopping in general. So I tend to keep out of town. My biggest weakness is book shops. I have a stack of books which I haven't even read yet, but if I see a book thats part of a series, or of one of my fav authors the I will have to buy it. I like collecting books.

With computer stuff I tend to shop more responsibly. I wait for the newest product to come out, then give a month or two for the prices to drop a bit before I buy it. But thats more a case of need, not temptation.

Books are my ultimate weakness...

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.