Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do As Infinity breaking up? - Minitokyo

Do As Infinity breaking up?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

destati

Yuusha-Oh

I've heard on a couple forums that DAI is going to break up at the end of September. Their last concert will be in November, and the last album release will be Do The A-Side, another best of album. Has anybody else heard about this, or can anybody verify or disprove it?

Man, if they really are breaking up, I'll be really sad. Though I feel that their latest stuff isn't quite the same quality as their older music (Deep Forest is still my favorite album from them), I really like them as a band.

Onpu

Onpu

pink taNga!! x33

Really?? Awww if its true i'll be really sad =( DAI is like.. one of my favorite japanese band =_='

Signature Image

Nooooooooo!!!!!
Well, I guess it couldn't last forever... Tomiko Van is probably gonna go solo or something O_o.

carnelian-sworldchamber-of-kingssword-shana-lily
Groups I'm not a part of, but are very inspirational:
vector-wallersmy-maiden

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Quote by destati Though I feel that their latest stuff isn't quite the same quality as their older music (Deep Forest is still my favorite album from them), I really like them as a band.

I agree. I can't believe it too =( Deep Forest is still on my playlist after like 2 years. Anyone know why they are breaking up??

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

destati

Yuusha-Oh

Quote by RikumaruNooooooooo!!!!!
Well, I guess it couldn't last forever... Tomiko Van is probably gonna go solo or something O_o.

Yeah, I hear she's going solo...it'll be interesting to see if she keeps on doing the same style of music or if she tries to branch out.

GonTidus

GonTidus

Dise

what a bad new :(

kirchu

kirchu

Ryo

Yeah, they disbanded. Van Tomiko (main singer) is going solo though.

EDIT: http://www.jpopmusic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=57111

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

what?!! you guys serious?!! plz tell you are lying cuz i really love their music. if it's really true, i'm gonna be vewwy vewwy sad. T_T T_T

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Is a sad news, but i`ll buy Tomiko`s solo album

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

no way. i love their music. akari-chan's right: "vewwy vewwy sad". T____T

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

B-but... they can't do that!! noooo!!! T_T that's not right. They're sooo good too!! what happened why are they disbanding???

Linda9122

Linda9122

Ain't He Cute?!

Really? I'm just starting to like them!! I'm listening to their song right now too Fukai Mori

Signature

jackie-lyn

jackie-lyn

Non-Chinese-speaking Chinese

Sadly, it's true. Read the news at Anime News Network. Really took me by surprise.
Anyhow, I wish every members great success in the coming future. Ganbatte kudasai *bows*

Movin'...

awww no way i can't believe that they are breaking up
this is so sudden...... man i hope van tomiko will
have a good solo

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

that bad news O.o,they were such a wonderful group...i like their songs alot

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

That's a really bad news >.<
tt.tt
i really like them
Is it because Dai is leaving?
But i'm glad Tomiko is going to make a solo album

Akari

Akari

easily amused by cute things

*sigh* I'm really usted to bands disbanding. Band members can grow apart and some want the band to go in different directions than others do. I was never really a DAI fan but I did like a few of their songs. I'm not really sad that they're disbanding, it's more of shocked.

I never really get sad about bands disbanding though, I get more upset when a band member decides to leave or has to leave because of things beyond their control. ;-;

Signature

to bad i, liked this group its a chame that thay split up.

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

Do As Infinity was the group that got me into J-Pop/Rock. In fact, I still remember the first Japanese album that I ever bought was New World, purchased at a Tower Records store in downtown Taipei. Today, years later, some DAI classics, such as Yesterday and Today, still find their way onto my iPod as part of the mix that I listen to on the way to classes and in the occasional road trip.

When I first read about them disbanding, it took me a few minutes for the fact to actually register. I'm sorry to see them go, as they've always been a favorite of mine, and being the first group I really followed, they have a special place in my heart.

I wish the members of the group best of luck in their future endeavors and hope to be able to enjoy their post-DAI works in the days to come.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.