Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Xenosaga III = Last episode of the saga !!! 0_o - Minitokyo

Xenosaga III = Last episode of the saga !!! 0_o

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

I don't know if you heard it, but Namco gave some information about Xenosaga episode 3. The subtitle will be : Also Sprach Zarathustra (another big work from Nietzsche)

The biggest thing is that they say everything will be solved in this one. (At the beginning, they said 6 episodes) I'm a bit afraid with that, i hope thet'll not screw up this wonderful saga...

Here you cand find two scans coming from a magazine : http://www.playfrance.com/news/images/295794,48/zoom/8953.jpg
http://www.playfrance.com/news/images/295794,48/zoom/2195.jpg

(You can find the translation of these scans on ign forum)

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Xenogears is episode 5 of the Xeno series. How in the hell the saga will end in Episode 3?

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

No, Xenogears isn't episode 5 of the Xenosaga series, because Xenogears is a Square-Enix production. Xenosaga is from Namco, and of course, if they want to use Xenogears as Xenosaga ep5, they'll need to give lot of money to get the rights.

So Xenogears is not Xenosaga ep 5.

You will take proper responsibility for killing me -- Arcueid Brunestud, Shingetsutan Tsukihime

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Riiiight.

i thought Square just handed all ther rights to Namco because they couldn't handle Xenogears' plot controversy.

onestepclosertonumb

onestepclosertonumb

-Beneath the Elysion-

The third version ???
i haven't played the others x_x
I haven't got a play station 2 ... only PC !!

Signature Image

UltraMarine

UltraMarine

Detective Prince

Being a fan of Xenosaga, I plan to get this game. In the scans, Kosmos looks great, but Shion.... looks like a street hooker!

Signature

I pray the load times get better with 3. Downright hideous with 2. My expectations for the 3rd and final title are low, with 2 having been a big dissapointment in gameplay and story.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

I have had the same discusion about Xenosaga III on Anime Paper. Abyways some shocking suprises about Xenosaga III from GameSpot Shion quits her job at the Vector Coperation, because she discovers that the Vector Corperation is involved with the destuction of the Gnosis Project. She now joins the corperation called Scientia to expose Vector's wrongdoings. Also The Kos-Mos project is canceled because of an android named T-elos. http://www1.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/xenosagaepisode3/news_6133212.html

I hope that there would be some things that would be fixed in Xenosaga. Remeber the embarasment of Episode II where we heared Kos-Mos and MOMO's new voices that sounded like gerbles in helium. The battle system with the weak zone and regualr weaknesses such as puniching, ligtning, fire, and etc, but still doesn't do much damages to opponets and took five mintues per battle. Also the pointless skill building where everyone has the same skill, but no uniqueness. Also the long battle between the Patriarch that took six hours for me.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

You're right, MOMO's voice is completely awful XD
The skill system is also bad, and you need to do sub-quests to unlock the best skills...
(But no spoil here, i've not finished it yet ^^ I'm at Ormus Stronghold now. I bought it 2 weeks ago ^^)

xianghua

xianghua

Bonds- 絆

i agree with ultramarine kosmos looks ok but shion is a bit.....well yeah
i really hope it will be a good game though or else it may be the last!

Signature
Admin of: S-R
Latest Wallpaper:- Infinity - Visitmy gallery

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

Here is a link to the first video from Xenosaga 3 presented at the TGS : http://zdmedia.vo.llnwd.net/o1/1UP/xenosaga3_tgs05_quick.zip

It's only a 2 min trailer, and it's a screener, so don't expect good sound.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Everything solved in here? That's too bad, I wanted to see the series at least lead up to Xenogears...

Fantasy to be unfullfilled...

akuma2002

akuma2002

~~ Ecchi desu ~~

lol it's impossible to lead up to xenogears, read my second post of this thread ;)

3 eps, that's not very good they'll prolly rush the story and end up messing it all up, but then again so much stuff was taken out of II I guess they might be able to wrap the story up in 3 if they butcher it some more.

Don't get me wrong I really loved both 1 and 2 but knowing how much good stuff was taken out of the second episode really pisses me off.

i cant believe it will be the last episode i was expecting a long game series like the .hack games plus i dont think they can explain everything in that one game i mean the second game explained alot of what happened in the past on militia and what happened to junior and albedo but it still did not fully explained ziggy's past or who chaos really is and what he meant when he was talking to kosmos in the first game he said something like where is the real you so i dont think they are going to explain everything in one game and the thing about xenosaga not being square enix is that they didnt want to support the idea so they sold it to namco and keep their xenogears

AtmaCashino

AtmaCashino

The Destroyer of Everything

Quote by akuma2002No, Xenogears isn't episode 5 of the Xenosaga series, because Xenogears is a Square-Enix production. Xenosaga is from Namco, and of course, if they want to use Xenogears as Xenosaga ep5, they'll need to give lot of money to get the rights.
So Xenogears is not Xenosaga ep 5.

Xenogears is an entirely different time/universe from the Xenosaga universe; some cameos between the universes, but different nonetheless.

Signature

Prepare for total annihilation!

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Quote by akuma2002lol it's impossible to lead up to xenogears, read my second post of this thread ;)

Yes, that I understand. I just always, selfishly, wanted more of Xenogears's beginnings, deeper stories of the "past" characters. That it'll never happen saddens me...

Xenosaga, in that respect, let me down...

Quote by AtmaCashino
Xenogears is an entirely different time/universe from the Xenosaga universe; some cameos between the universes, but different nonetheless.

But as it's own game, I liked it well enough!

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

well for the people that don't know the dudes that made Xenosaga some are the same people that made Xenogears. they just left and called there new company Monlith-soft. and yes Xenogears IS the 5th game in the Xeno series. If you have the Xenogears complete story/art book it has a timeline in it. and also if you played Xenogears there they talk about the past alot. taking about Fei and Elly's past lives. Shion is a past life of Elly. but anyways I guess that they just want to end it and go on to something else. so there not going to stick to the orginal plan.

Signature Image

First of even if they wanted to it's too late to stick to the original story now, they fired Soraya Saga I think she was the writer and the story has been butchered big time.

Second as it was said before Square, well Square-Enix now hold the rights to the XenoGears story so because of this they can't mix the two stories together.

They made a huge mistake by removing Soraya but there's no going back now, I just hope someday a long anime series will be made based entirely on Soraya Saga's story which will combine both XenoSaga and XenoGears in one long 100+ episode saga.

She had lots of neat ideas about the story of XenoSaga II and it was all taken out :(

angelicdemonIII

angelicdemonIII

Dark and Light

hey Kiba do you know why they took her ideas out of the game? I was just wondering oh yeah and also about the anime series I don't if you know this but they made a 12 eps anime of Xenosaga ep1. it prttey much follows the game.

Signature Image

lol I know about the anime but I don't like it at all so I decided not to mention it. I don't like the art in the anime at all, if they ever make a proper Xenosaga anime it should have top notch animation, art and better character designs, kinda like the ones in the second game. I know I'm one of the very few people who prefer the designs in the second ep lol

As for why Soraya's ideas were taken out, not sure cause it's been a while I think they basically said they'd rather do the game another way or something it was on her blog but honestly I don't remember I think there wasn't a real reason behind the firing actually.

Quote by angelicdemonIIIIf you have the Xenogears complete story/art book it has a timeline in it.

It's called "Perfect Works." It's only available in Japanese and extremely difficult to get, let alone find. The book explains the complete layout of the Xeno universe.

Quote by angelicdemonIIIShion is a past life of Elly.

That's actually not correct. It was never said that Shion was ever an Antitype, nor does she even look like Elly.

Quote by ShiroiKibaFirst of even if they wanted to it's too late to stick to the original story now, they fired Soraya Saga I think she was the writer and the story has been butchered big time.

Soraya Saga was a writer and was never fired. She left only because those at Monolith Soft were butchering all her hard work on Xenosaga Episode II.

Well, according the trailer I've seen at Gamespot, it looks like lots of things will be happening. Like:

POSSIBLE spoilers ahead! YOU HAVE BEEN warned!

- The Red Testament will reveal his true identity.
- kos-mos actually gets her ass kicked in the first time ever. Which is very surprising.
- Yuki Kajiura will be its composer, since you hear "here he comes #2" of the Xenosaga II Movie Scene Soundtrack in the footage's background.
- (I think) Virgil's and Febronia's past will finally be exposed.
- Jin and Margulis will go all out against each other with relish.

Though Xenosaga Episode III will be the end of the Xenosaga series, I am a little sad and happy to see it. Sad as we're never (or possibly never) going to see the "ending," but happy where Takahashi's and Saga's work won't be butchered anymore.

I will probably get the game anyways, since I am curious how it will turn out.

In my honesty opinion, I think Monolith Soft has been reading the reviews of many aggrivated fans of the Xeno series and probably have decided to listen to them. Let's get the answers out and finish it. Or let Tetsuya Takahashi and Soraya Saga secretly redo the whole series to their heart's content. :)

Signature Image

Thanks for clearing the stuff up about Saga I knew it was something but have forgotten the detailes. :)

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

If they're solving everything, it'd better be a hella long game ;)

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.