Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Ending To Serial Experiments Lain - Minitokyo

The Ending To Serial Experiments Lain

Tagged under Serial Experiments Lain

page 1 of 1 8 total items

In my opinion Lain was a great anime (despite how many people hate it because it didnt just give you the answers bluntly). i just wanted to know everyones interpertaion of the ending. (what do you think it meant?)

starkid

starkid

Lost.

I also love SEL, and the people who hate it or call it "bizarre" are simply the one's who didin't understand anything at all (or most of them anyway). As for the ending:

I was very moved with this ending, unlike the storyline of all the previous episodes, it was actually quite simple. Lain deleted all the memories of her in other people's minds, remember the quote "if you aren't remembered, it's as if you never existed". Things would NOT advance as they would have if Lain still existed. So she create's some future's for her friend's (ie Alice being a teacher) although we have no evidence of that, i believe she did.

PS - Also that scene where the grown up Alice recognizes Lain is purely for emotional content. As a program, Lain deleted everything, so Alice couldn't even had that "deja vu"

---

Since nobody has memories of Lain anymore, she does NOT exist, yet she is still self-aware, so she does remember herself; she still exists. The 'Father' at the end was cute. As many people have said, the whole thing is rather much like Plato's 'The Cave' - did the shadows on the wall really exist in real life? Is what we see merely a distortion of what the 'truth' is?

Signature
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You're relaxed, you're sublime, you're amazing
You don't even know the danger you're facing
If I'm quiet, I'll slide up behind you...
And if you hear me, I'll enjoy trying to find you.

[ Visit my worthless gallery ]

I don't doubt that I thought Lain was a bit weird, but I really enjoyed it too. I agree that the ending was very moving. :)

i really like watchimg serial experiment lain.. i bought the dvds and
i am not finish watching it yet
so far, the SEL seems really cool and different from other anime i watch before

I highly recommend taking a psychology and philosophy class before watching Lain. I watched Lain at the same time I was taking psychology and then re-watched it after taking Philosophy. There is a lot of hidden meaning in what they do and say.

Signature Image

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

Quote by NotTI highly recommend taking a psychology and philosophy class before
watching Lain. I watched Lain at the same time I was taking psychology
and then re-watched it after taking Philosophy. There is a lot of
hidden meaning in what they do and say.

XD I'm taking psych right now!!! i'll watch it again, but from the first time i watched it i kinda of already caught on to everything. but i dislike watching Lain with my brother since he always askes me questions on what's going on.

Signature

4me doesn't hate Lain, i think 4me simply didn't understand the meaning of some things ><
Nice OP & ED songs :)

Signature

Quote by Li-Mei
XD I'm taking psych right now!!! i'll watch it again, but from the
first time i watched it i kinda of already caught on to everything. but
i dislike watching Lain with my brother since he always askes me
questions on what's going on.

Are you taking it at the college level because they dont go into the dark or religious stuff in High School.
One thing to look for in Lain is Neichee philosophy of "God is dead"

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.