Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Nationalism and Internationalism - Minitokyo

Nationalism and Internationalism

page 1 of 1 4 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

There are right views and left view of nationalism and internationalism. Nationalism could be good and bad sometimes. For example it engourages many nations to become independent and create a new nation. However it could be bad like starting imperialism like the Japanese agressors and Hitler. International is the same. You could have the internationist like the communists and you could have peacemakers as internationists. I prefer a mixture of both Interationalism and nationalism. Nationalsim to create a patriotic stance and internationlism for peace and friendship between countries.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

d00d34

d00d34

The Self Saviour

that true there, but i think nationalism is a much stronger force than potentially overrides communism. we all share the same planet but there's still conflict between nations. Personally, more internationalism to really take hold, it would take something that threatened the entire world.

Signature
Ours is not to reason why, but to do or die.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I do not like either, let me live in peace where I wanna...

-repeat-

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

That issue has been with us since Alexander the Great conquered the Near East. Sure it was great for trade and wealth and the buidlig of roads and the sharing of ideas and everything, but several smaller cultures were destroyed in the proses. Alright, armored guys didn't necassarily go out and butcher them, but their own cultures couldn't keep up with the growing Hellenism, traces of which were found even in India.

In the long run it may be good (the Roman Emipre did wonders for the local cultures around it but still destroyed several in the name of peace and stability) but on the individualistic level its sad.

Sorry for the history lesson, but that's where it started.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.