Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religious Fanatics - Minitokyo

Religious Fanatics

page 1 of 1 7 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Remeber the twin towers in the 9/11. The terrorist plot was done by Al Quada who were Muslim Religious fanatics. Speaking generally about religious fanatics are they danderous? Throughout history we had Christian fanatics pursicuting heterics for believing something other than God or differently opinionated about God. Probably starting with the Crusaders getting rid of Muslims out of the Holy land like Isreal and Constinople. Also when religious fanatics fought among each other during the Renformation. People such as Martin Luter King were excommunicated from the chiurch and also hunted down. To me religious fanatics are evil and obsesive over their ideas. Like the time in the Simpson episode where God talked about religious tolerance and a thousand years after that many groups had different interpretations about Bart's idea. I don't like any religion because it usually involve others being in some orthordox idea.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

Generally speaking, no
Everyone thinks that being fanatical over something is a bad thing, such as the 9/11 attacks. But there is always a motive behind these fanatic attacks. 9/11 wasn't about religion, it was about America flexing its muscles in the middle east to gain control over its oil fields.
I dont question peoples beliefs, or their motives. Those two thigns specifically should just be left alone.
Then there are the levesl of fanaticisim, some people just follow a belief, others will kill for it. Most epople miss the point that everyone, and im not just talking some people, im talking everyone, would kill for something that they believe in if they believe in it strong enough. That was the reason behind all those attacks, the renaissance, the crusades, the 9/11 attacks (not so much the 9/11, but beliefs did play a part).
I havnever met two people who's views on god are exactly alike. anyone who is religious believes in some form of a god, some sort of divine power ruling ove their lives. I personally don't, i know it sounds childish, but i cant accept that fact there is some form of 'super power' that controls our way of life.
Ok, im off topic.
AS for Al Quada, their motives were (in my eyes) unquestionable. So were the americans.
THe Americans send troops into the middle east to control oil, the middle east retaliates with "terrorist" attacks, then the americans send in more troops.
Ive forgotten what im supposed to be talking about now.
Cheers

Signature

AnimeMangaChick

AnimeMangaChick

Ri 'Otaku' Katsuhime

Yes I do. Ive become agnostic because of the horrible outcomes of fanatical religous groups. You shouldnt live your life to please your god to get in heaven, you should just do it because its the right thing to do. Fanatics hurt other people because they think its right and will get them to heaven. So i agree with you. Nice topic ^^

OtakuChaosAngel
[sigmig]

jaszi5

jaszi5

~Art lover~

I wish all the religious fanatics would go away...they scare me...

Jaszi5

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

To make a sweeping statement, all religious fanatics should be shot on appearance so that they can become martyrs in their own eyes and be done with it.

In a more generous view, I'd say that everyone should be carefull about not being to opinionated about anything. That renders you anable to see another viewpoint in another context. Its all to do with ideology. When you are a person of the world, ie you have a descent idea of international issues and history, you don't need fanatisicm. But when your world is relativly closed, you tend to built stronger barriers around a smaller and more simple ideology. During the middle ages the middle east (I apologise for using the middle east as an example - am continuing with the original example) had surpassed the west in terms of the natural sciences and philosophy. While the west was launching crusades and burning heretics (in their own fanatisicm) the middle east were miles in front concerning civilization and culture.

But then something happened and they stagnated and the west passed them by.

i must state however that blaming current terrorism on American commercial imperialsm is a bit of an easy way out. Its not a case of looking for a handy scape goat (anyway, these days I think its merely fashionable to blame America for anything that goes wrong). History is drenched with fanatisicm all round. If you must blame something, blame general human gullibility and paranoia. Also the tendency to look down on other people (and I do mean general human falicies).

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

uhh, martin luther king was a black-rights activist in the '60s. . .

Quote: 9/11 wasn't about religion, it was about America flexing its muscles in the middle east to gain control over its oil fields

america wasnt even in afghanistan before or during the 9/11 attacks, and the whole motive why al qaeda attacked us was because of jihad; holy war-- so dont go around saying that 9/11 had nothing to do about religion

why the hell did osama turn on us anyway? we gave them stingers to fight off russian helicopters in the '80s, and this is how they repay us?!

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

devilwithin13

devilwithin13

Just get over it already.

relegion is what seperates everyone, i would rather have war between differences in people that a world where everyone is exactly the same living peacefully, no ideas, no inventions, no anime...

If I had a quarter-ponder with cheeze everytime I heard that one...I'd have 1 quater-pounder without cheeze!!!

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.