Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Adapting to a different country - Minitokyo

Adapting to a different country

page 1 of 1 10 total items

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

I have just started my graduate studies in Canada, which means I had to move here and leave my home country for a while. I've only been here for two weeks, but I already miss my family, my friends, my activities.. and well... I miss a lot the FOOD and the nice warm weather of Mexico. I'm freezing to death and it's not even winter. T_T and due to a limited budget, I'm pretty much surviving on bread and milk (coz calcium is important, you know). I'd kill for some real tortillas and tacos.

Are any of you guys living now in a different country? Was it also hard to adapt? What did you find the hardest, and what did you miss the most?

I have lived all my whole in Guatemala :)

Signature Image

i've lived in canada all my life so while i have no experience adapting to a new country
i can imagine what an overwhelming change it must be.
guess i can't answer any of your questions ^_^'
but hopefully in time you'll find something to like/enjoy that comes with living somewhere totally new.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

I moved to america from africa when I was really young, like 5 years old. So it was really easy to adapt for me.

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

Nope I am not living in a different country, but I can't wait to get out of home when I am 18 so I can go to Japan and China.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

I am currently attending a school that is full of foreign students. Many of them live with host families and from what they've told me, food and language seem to be the biggest things they have to adapt to. Most of them had to take special classes to be on the level of English that they are. The meals with their host families are totally different. One from Hong Kong said that her host family often had burritos...quite a change for her.

I'm guessing transportation is also a big change for them because although the public transportation does get them where they want to go, some bus lines are few and far between, so much so that riding a bike to their destination would be quicker.

They don't complain much about the weather except one who said that riding her bike in the morning is quite cold on her hands ^^' Contact with family...not sure. I think they im or call them most of the time.

Hope you learn to adapt quickly so that those factors don't affect your studies and graduate experience =] These situations just help us to appreciate what we have more. When do you get to go back to Mexico? December?

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

Yes, I'll visit my family on xmas...

The weather is being one of the biggest problems for me. It's not too cold I guess, but I'm so not used to this, and the best part is yet to come

And I'm quite liking Canada, btw... It's just that ... it's different, and quite far away from home

maho-ho

maho-ho

:: MaJo ::

I do not have for a long time been in another country, single of vacations :) . I hope that study goes to you very well in them! XD Much force and good luck Irian! ;)

Signature

irian

irian

Kawaii Little Dancer

Thanks guys,

I guess I'm starting to feel a little homesick and lonely here
I was watching Desperate Wives on Sunday, as I used to do back home... and it hit me. This is now home, and will be for a while.
So, all the stuff I left behind IS behind now. T_T

mayashin

*Sugar flyin'*

Hi there!! All of my life I've moved from place to place within Mexico, except for one time when I had to leave for Portugal, I think it was very hard for me since it happened in junior high and I had my first boyfriend during that time (I had to leave him too...sigh), all I could think about is going back, and I did....5 months later (looks like my father's bosses enjoyed moving my 7-person family). Anyway now I realize I should have enjoyed more and met more people, so I hope you adapt, enjoy and find as many friends as possible!! Another thing I missed was the food...aahhhh mi salsaaa!! Good things to have are Internet, phones and webcams :)
Take care and good luck!!

**Mayashin**

This signature was longer than 4 lines and has been removed.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.