Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Question: Anime and Magical Chains - Minitokyo

Question: Anime and Magical Chains

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Blondie4Ever

Blondie4Ever

Adieu...

I've noticed that many anime have a character (usually female) wearing a chain (usually attached to a bracelet) that rattles when something "special" is going to occur. This could be: invoking a special power, the presence of a friend or foe, etc. (Anime examples: FLCL, Melody of Oblivion, Dears, etc.)

My question is: what's the significance of the "mystical chain"? Is this something rooted in Japanese culture?

Signature Image

I don't think Japanese people have some traditions like that......

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Probably. My guess is in their folklore there was a female character with that chain on her wrist and it would rattle when something specific was coming closer to the character.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

I didn't notice!! XD What series do you watch? (or read)

Blondie4Ever

Blondie4Ever

Adieu...

Quote by sangel99I didn't notice!! XD What series do you watch? (or read)

You want the list? By my count, i've seen 209 unique titles/series. ^_^' But my 1st post has some examples of the chain...

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.