Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Respecting Our Superiors - Minitokyo

Respecting Our Superiors

page 1 of 1 7 total items

xday

xday

Anime Revolutionist

In Japan it is custom to show respect to your sempai (senoir.) If you've seen Maria-sama ga Miteru you would see a lot of kohai (underclass men) and sempai relationships. Sempai's would also teach Kohai about some of the experiences they had. I don't really have a sempai and kohai in school or anywhere else. However I do give my respects to Koltosh for manging the site. So does anyone give respect to senoirs or have a sempai/kohai relationship.

As Karl Marx had said in the last sentence of the "Communist Manifesto,"
"Anime fans around the world unite!"
Create a revolution for anime.

XDE

XDE

Scanning XDE, CPA: Unknown

I Give Respect To Those Who Deserve It, Not To Those Who Don't, But I Do Respect Keltosh For Managing This Site, He Is Indeed Someone Worthy Of Our Respect Even If He Does Commit Errors, He Is A Human Like All Of Us And Deserves To Be Treated As Such, But However There Are Some People I Don't Respect Because They Don't Deserve It (Those People Are Not MT Users), I Respect Anyone Who Gives Respect Not Those Who Don't, Well Anyways It Is Good To Be Respectful (Overall) :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I give respect to all, regardless of stature. We are fools playing a fools game, why is it that we must be foolish to each other as players.

-repeat-

respect elders is a given, it's like a have to, you know

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

It;s liek that in any culture. It's not jsut the Japanese culture. There are some cultures that believe respect is imprtant and weigh more heavily down on it.

I know for a fact that these days, even though the customs are heavy in Japan, they are a little more slack... for example, in the adult turning ceremonies, boys don't even bother dressing up nowadays and that's still allowed. In Korean families though, some families would get annoyed if you don't bow to your grandparents.

I generally respect anyone who respects me, regardless of age. I am of Asian background and that doesn't mean that I have no voice and I respect everyone. Of course it'd be ideal if everyone in the world respected others, but there are some poeple really don't deserve an inch of my respect... and that includes my grandparents at times.

Whilst I think it's important to maintain respect, I think it's also important to respect those who are worthy of respect. That's taking account my self dignity.

Interesting thread :)

PS: you might wanna improve that spelling and change the one you respect to Keltosh instead of Koltosh ;)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

j0n0

j0n0

Increadibly Cute

I once didn't respect my grandfather because I thought he was old and senile. We were adding two rooms to my parents house and I was still in highschool. Me and my grandfather got into a fight on what angle we should cut a piece of plywood for the outside wall that went in the corner of the roof. I used a measuring tape and calculated what it should be using math. He went and put a piece of plywood near there and eyebolled it. It ended up that I was wrong and he was right. I didn't know what mistake I made in my math or measurement, but after that, I gave him more of my respect. He had something that I didn't, experiance. So yes, do show respect to your elders

An eye for an eye brings justice, but it is compassion that changes a man.

Another point of view doesn't necessarily make yours more or less right.

I don't show respect to anyone until I see they're worthy of it, or they show it to me as well. Simply being older than me doesn't mean that I should automatically bow down and defer to them.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.